Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hamachi problem

Discussion in 'MP Forum' started by bodry, Mar 21, 2015.

1. bodry

bodry Diabloii.Net Member

I'm looking for a solution from MP pro gamers. :) Me and my mates play via Hamachi, and I created the network. My Diablo 2 copy sees and uses the Hamachi-provided IP-address, so I can host games. But my mate's copies don't see their Hamachi IP address, so they can't host games. They tried to restart Hamachi, D2 and computers, but they didn't succeed.

So how is that Diablo 2 does not see the Hamachi network on a Windows 7 computer?

2. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

I wish I could help you with Win7, but I don't really see if that can be the issue, unless it's a network setting. Your Diablo II is showing a 192.168.x.x IP? If that is the case, that is not your Hamachi IP. Even if they host a game and D2 shows their local IP, you can still input their Hamachi IP (as seen on the Hamachi Client) into the "Join" screen.

When I host games with Hamachi, it always shows my local IP, but the Hamachi one is the one others need to use to join the game. Ignore what their D2 client says the IP address is, and just join the one Hamachi lists in the client, should work.

Let me know!

3. bodry

The problem with that I can't join their network even like that. Somehow we will figure it out eventually.

4. logoutzero

Are you a part of the same Hamachi network as the person(s) you are trying to MP with?

If yes, and you right click the person's name in Hamachi and select "Ping" what happens?

5. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

They might need to reinstall Himachi. My install got screwed up once with those same symptoms. A reinstall fixed it for me.

6. bodry

Yes, we are on the same network. I was the host, and they joined it. These were fresh installs of D2/Hamachi. I'll give them the friendly advice to reinstall. :)

7. logoutzero

If they can join you, but you cannot join them, it sounds like they need to set up their port forwarding. If you ping them, and get no response, that is your answer right there!

8. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'm no hamachi expert that's for sure, but port forwarding shouldn't be the issue. Hamachi is meant to eliminate the need for port forwarding. D2 should always be displaying your internal IP address on the tcp/ip screen 192.xxx etc. If your friend is hosting it should be as simple as right clicking his name and selecting to copy his IP address and pasting that into the D2 box.

As far as recognizing the network, when I have hamachi active my Network center in windows 7 shows my wireless or wired connection as an active network, and then hamachi as a separate active network. Is that the case for you/your friend?

9. bodry

We eventually found out the cause. His install didn't setup hamachi network properties correctly, ipv4 connection was disabled by default.
    How did we found out? An online guide about hamachi mentioned this setting on the thirtieth-something point. Me and my buddy were like [email protected]#&CK! :D

10. DojaBuds

DojaBuds Diabloii.Net Member

whats the name of the server you play on? Im trying to find some people to play with, Pm me if you dont mind, i made a server called diablo 2015 password:diablo

11. bodry

The problem will be that I live in GMT+2 zone. If it's up now, I will try to join.