Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hallo, hvað er um að vera?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cwicseolfor, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Cwicseolfor

Cwicseolfor Diabloii.Net Member

Hallo, hvað er um að vera?

Another Boring Backstory
    Hey. I used to post here quite a few years ago. Somewhere along the line, I forgot my account name, but I decided to re-register when I figured out Diablo 3 would probably be announced. Good move; it was.

I've played Diablo for a long, long time. I remember playing Diablo 1 with my friends, and when in the middle of a mob, I'd suddenly cast nova repeatedly as a Rogue, and they'd die. It was hilarious. I miss the days when any character could cast Mana Shield. Anyway, I bought Hellfire. Wasn't by Blizzard, but it was still a great little add on to the game.

I was pretty young when Diablo 2 was released (about 12), so I mostly just aimlessly followed around adults, stole their drops, and leeched their XP. I grew to hate cookie cutter builds, though, and started to do things on my own, experimenting with things like Smite + Fanatacism and a pure Charged Bolt sorc in PvM. They actually worked decently in D2C. Although I noted my Smitadin could kill anything in PvP to my surprise. Frenzy was also fun - nobody used it much then. I did try one cookie cutter build; WW barb with a lance (no elites at the time). WW was independent of weapon speed, and didn't break durability back then, IIRC, so you went with the highest damage, longest range weapon around. He got to level 70 or so. Fairly fun.

Anyway, so with LoD I had some fun for a while testing out Blade Fury and various mods - again, avoiding the cookie cutter builds. At the start, people were generally dismissing elemental druids, so I bought up all the cheap druid gear and +druid skills elemental charms and built a mighty powerful Wind druid with something like 40 Hurricane. Then I quit, for like the sixth time. I essentially didn't return to battle.net after that, though, only sporadically playing a few LAN games here and there with friends at uni. It's funny to see how the economy has changed, though. Items that were ignored at release are now highly sought after.

It should be noted I never did like cheating. I played on Closed B.net to avoid the Open B.net cheating, and avoided duped items like the plague. I also grew to dislike too much rushing and twinking, though I used to do that a lot. I only recently grew a fondness for MF gear. I like to always have 100% MF while questing and levelling - you still find a tonne of cool stuff.

My favourite characters are the Amazon and the Paladin.

My hobby: killing faster than cookie cutter builds with a build that makes them go "wtf?"

Some Personal Info
    I'm 20 years old and live in Australia. I did two years of a computer science degree when I was 17/18, and will be going to university again next year to do a Bachelor of Education (Secondary), focusing on maths and special education (Gifted & Talented, ADHD, etc). I'll also finish off my computer science degree in parallel. When/if I get bored with teaching, I'll enter the gaming industry. I'm currently coding a little 2D sidescroller which is fairly fun (to code). I'm a long-distance runner.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: Hallo, hvað er um að vera?

Little belated as we've MP'd a couple of times but welcome to the forum!

I've been meaning to ask you about your username; I know there's a USA-based mask company but I wonder where yours came from?

Nice to see another festie player who has a fondness for odd builds. :wave:

3. Zefimas

Zefimas Diabloii.Net Member

Heyhey, we've already talked for a bit, but still a warm welcome to the forums:thumbup:
    No need to kick your shins I think cause I know you'll be around for a while,
    but anyway: *kicks Cwicseolfor's shins*
    Hmm didn't knew that felt so good:whistling:

Cheers

btw in Dutch it is "kwikzilver", I live in Belgium you see;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  4. Cwicseolfor

It's an Old English word.

Try this: say out loud 'cwic' then 'seolfor'.

In Icelandic it is 'kvikasilfur' and in Dutch it is 'Quecksilber'. In all such languages, including modern English, it means mercury (from 'living metal').

And yes, belated hello to both of you! Lucky I play soccer, hey. :yes:

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

so kvicksilver then:whistling:

to and to the languages that have the word.

ohh and welcome to the forums

6. Blue Rose

Blue Rose Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums though I'm sure you've been around longer than me :) Good luck with your d2 characters and take care.

7. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the SPF! :) You know where everything is already, so enjoy your stay.

8. Cwicseolfor

Sorry, I should say German, not Dutch. :banghead:

And cheers Drystan, Blue Rose, and lone_wolf. :)

9. Swiller

Swiller Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen you around lately. It's good to finally hear a little bit about you.

Welcome to the forums!

You're right that Hellfire was a pretty good addition. Although it wasn't made by Blizzard, I cannot help but think that it influenced Diablo 2. I mean, the Bard could dual-wield. And you could buy traps that were eerily similar to assassin skills...