Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hal and all conc lovers

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by lucrativelyrics, Feb 28, 2004.

1. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

hal and all conc lovers

I made a conc barb. I simply love him i had a conc barb in .09 that used a fury legend sword that was a pally killer.

my barb currently has
    7549 max dmg
    14000 atr
    3303 life
    max res
    50 % dr
    11000 d ( 2-something % to hit )
    35 % open wounds.
    71 % deadly strike
    15 cb

i have a few probs. First of all i hardly notice any difference with deadly strike. For someone that does almost 8 k dmg still takes me a good amount of time to kill bloods lords and those minotaurs... claw vipers and devil kin and achmels skeletons, and harpys die in like 1 shot. when the minotaurs .. blood lords its like a good 7 shots. i know physical res is high but this is fing insane.

is deadly strike a waste ? i hardly notice anything.

i hit all minions at 89 % sometimes 92 with fant in hell 8 player but when it comes time to kill big baal my chance to hit is 77 % what the hell..... without a sorcy it takes me a long *** time to kill baal.

heres my items.

botd eth zerker,
    arreats with 15 % ias
    highlords
    storm with 15 ias
    perf string
    chains of honor
    7/6 dual leech ring
    draculs
    raven
    gores

let me know what can be uped , cause 14000 atr and near 8 k dmg and im not owning as well as all these other barbs claim to be

skills -

maxed mastery
    10 in bash
    maxed conc
    maxed bo
    maxed shout
    5 in zerk and rest 1 in prereqs

plz help

charms i have various atr/ elemental dmg

plz help

so should i pump more in cb and say bye to deadly cause damn ! 71 % you think i would notice alittle change , i kill just as fast wearing goblin toe and cats eye :(

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It is sometimes difficult to see the difference that deadly strike is making to your attacks, as the damage range fluctuates so much, so if you hit for the minimum, you still won't do as much damage as you would for one max hit (I'm assuming your min damage is around 2.5k or so). The good thing about deadly strike though is that it doubles your damage regardless of what it is, unlike charms that boost just max; that way, 71% of the time (in your case), your damage range is effectively double what it would usually be; you still may only hit for 5k or so if you ping the minimum, but all and all, ds lowers kill time by around 2-4 swings.

Side note though, where are you getting 71% ds? gores is 15 and highlord's is a maximum of 37, so if you're 99, that's 52%. Perhaps you're adding your mastery % cs, but they don't diectly add...there's a formula for that around here somewhere, but i'm not sure where.

-Hal

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You should be impressed that you can take down those minotaurs in less than a dozen hits. If you look at the arreat summit information, all minotaur types in hell (even the lowly moon lord) spawns in a 1 player game with at least 10507 HP. All minotaurs types also spawn with AT LEAST 66% damage reduction (physical) and the blood lord type is immune to physical. Get some more players in the game (linearly multiply monster HP) along with this automatic damage reduction and you can see why minotaurs can take such a beating from even the deadliest of melee builds.

4. Vargasanath

Vargasanath Banned

Fury has deadly strike :p

5. lucrativelyrics

no no i made a mistake i was counting crit strike with deadly :( my bad ;)

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

That was on his old barb, not his current one ;-P

7. Vargasanath

Vargasanath Banned

Hmmmm...you're right...I don't much like saying that :)

8. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Not to be aggravating sounding..but your doing 8K!
    Most of us are in the upper 2k's to mid 4k's....Maybe i should make a thread, about why I cant find any damn runes, to make a botd!!!.:)

On a serious note now.:), Baal is just hard to hit, for everyone seems. Even those 20k AR hitting barbs. And those minotaurs, ya pretty durable they are. I know Highlords is the ammy most of us end gamer Concnetrate barbs use...but that one ammy, i forget the name, but it amps on striking...this could be useful, maybe for certaian acts/bosses.? Just a thought.

9. Special

Special IncGamers Member

Just to make sure, use Battle Cry (I think?) on Baal to decrease his defense a little bit. I myself never saw huge improvements with it, but it must help to some degree.

10. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

So .. Just to clarify, is this 8k max dmg the max number shown on our character screen? If so, do you have any large number (290) poison charms in your inventory? I'm not saying that you are or anything, just if you have half of your inventory full of 290's your character screen will add them all up at once, not factoring in that they do dmg over many seconds. Again, I have no idea if you have any such charms in your inventory, but if you do .. try putting them in your stash or something and then checking out your dmg, This could be a reason why you arn't killing as fast as you'd expect. there is quite a difference between, say 4350 psn dmg (15 x 290) over a period of 150 seconds and 4350 physical dmg all at once when you hit.
    If you don't have any poison charms .. then I have no idea, cause my barb is doing much less dmg than 8k, and I'm not noticeing what you've described above, however the only poison dmg that I have is on the IK maul.

11. Civ

Civ IncGamers Member

and i thought i was doing well with 3.8k max dmg (b4 psn charms)

12. lucrativelyrics

i dont own any poison charms , never liked them id rather do less real dmg then poison, my inventory is full of max/ar/lifeor rw and elemental ie 7-13 firedmg smalls. and 2 127atr/40 life grands

13. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Yea I've stopped using poison charms now. They really don't make much of a difference now that monsters have insane hp. If your inventory isn't stocked with thousands and thousands of poison damage, you'll be doing nothing.