hai OT... i got a computer problem

shinningman

Diabloii.Net Member
hai OT... i got a computer problem

im spending $300 on a tower and its just for Diablo 2 and interwebz

do i fail for spending $300? or should i spend $3000 and get a computer that i dont even need?

NOTE: your reply doesnt matter because im not spending 1000s for a computer that doesnt do anything possitive but work bet... nvm your reply does matter

GO

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: hai OT... i got a computer problem

I'm framing this thread and putting it on my mantelpiece.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

If his reply did not matter why did you Quote it?
We all make mental pieces while we live, most just have more coherence to the shared reality.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

if you dont want to spend alot on a computer to play d2 and the interwebs, go to good will or check garage sales, you will find parts from computers within the last 5 years that will make a machine that can do that

might not be the best at playing youtube vidoes ect.. but will work for d2

or check this
http://www.partspc.com/Recommend.asp?ProdID=16868
or
http://www.ascendtech.us/customkititems.asp?kc=DTAMDAM2WIN3201

id agree with CC for monitors, get a new one
best buy or circuit city always have good deals
~150 for a 19 flat monitor

Last edited:

shinningman

Diabloii.Net Member

if you dont want to spend alot on a computer to play d2 and the interwebs, go to good will or check garage sales, you will find parts from computers within the last 5 years that will make a machine that can do that

might not be the best at playing youtube vidoes ect.. but will work for d2
I don't have the profession of building a PC so I'm going to stick to buying a cheap $300 tower with 1GB ram, 250gigs - 320gigs, ect. and the cheapest flat screen monitor I can find b/c this current monitor is like 10 years old and is huge.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't have the profession of building a PC so I'm going to stick to buying a cheap $300 tower with 1GB ram, 250gigs - 320gigs, ect. and the cheapest flat screen monitor I can find b/c this current monitor is like 10 years old and is huge.
Is there a reason your current computer can't handle D2? Even those specs are way more than you need. Have you tried a Glide wrapper yet?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I have a $0 computer for you, with Windows 2000, 1 Gig RAM, a 40Gig HD (I can add another 40Gig one if needed), for free, which runs D2 perfectly, but you have to fetch it from here yourself (Hamburg, Germany). I won't pay anything to send it to you and the OS and everything is in German :smug:.

Seriously, get a used $1 computer from ebay if you just want to play Diablo and surf the web. A computer from 2002 or so with Win98 is good enough for that.

Johnny

Banned

Windows... the OS and everything is in German :smug:.

I'm surprised they have windows in Germany. I thought they broke all of them in november '38

meanwhile I played diablo 2 for years on a 200 mhz computer running 64 mb of ram and a 2 mb graphics card.

I also ran half life on it with ease.

Why was diablo 2 so hard to run? I mean it was one step above hand puppets in a hollowed out monitor.

Last edited:

Why was diablo 2 so hard to run? I mean it was one step above hand puppets in a hollowed out monitor.
Seems both Direct3D and DirectDraw aren't the most efficient ways to generate textures.....or something like that. There were a few threads with that issue recently.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

d2lod runs fine on win95, krischans machine would be overkill :laugh:

edit: no laughing smilies? :crazyeyes:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

Apparently the one next to your name is smiley enough now.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

d2lod runs fine on win95, krischans machine would be overkill :laugh:

edit: no laughing smilies? :crazyeyes:
Sure there are. : D without a space inbetween turns into :D again. Try the others as well. How I missed that !!!