Haha! I *am* TalRatha!

weregamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha! I *am* TalRatha!

Just a curiosity - does the game do anything if you try to name yourself after one of the story characters, say Duriel? (My first thought was Tal Ratha, but that requires a space which IIRC aren't allowed in character names.)

It would be kinda funny (in a sick way) if you tried to start "TalRatha" and Baal immediately showed up and smushed you flat...

syphon45

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think that your allowed to have any story characters in your name.
Oh and its Tal Rasha not Tal Ratha.

Origin

Diabloii.Net Member
i wonder if you would be able to name yourself BillRoper :eek:

you would of course have to be a werebear

Meosha

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried that myself.

It wouldn't let me use "Diablo", "Mephisto", or "Baal" in my character name, but nevertheless I was able to create my Amazon, "AndarielJunior".

Of course, that was on DII Original and not the expansion, so things might be different for you.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried a few key names as well. It appears that it wouldn't let you give your char the name of any hostile character in D2. NPC's are possible (such as tyrael, akara, charsi, cain), but taken on UsEast, and probably everywhere else.

I guess the reason for disallowing names of monsters is to prevent confusion... for instance, if you name your character "Diablo", and you kill another char, others won't know if the other char was killed by Diablo or you (or D-clone, for that matter), unless they actually see it happening.

Ezakimak

Diabloii.Net Member
That would be great: Diablo was slain by Diablo.....Mephisto was slain by Diablo.......Baal was slain by Andariel.....the list goes on..... :lol:

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
the server rejects the name ImmortalKing
Hmm, did you try any other sets' names? Because I know that some in-story but not in-game character names were available at one time (but now they're taken), like Azmodan and Belial.

ondergetekende

Diabloii.Net Member
ImmortalKing is rejected because it contains "King". You cant get names with the titles you get when you finish a difficulty. Names like "Slayer" or "Guardian".

FYI You get the title "King" when killing diablo on hell classic.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
ondergetekende said:
ImmortalKing is rejected because it contains "King". You cant get names with the titles you get when you finish a difficulty. Names like "Slayer" or "Guardian".

FYI You get the title "King" when killing diablo on hell classic.
Ohh, thanks, I didn't realize that.