Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Haha, best phonecall ever :)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Aryev, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Aryev

Aryev IncGamers Member

Haha, best phonecall ever :)

So one of my friends decided to go to the WWI this year, I skipped it in favor of pub crawling most days in London with another buddy, and he got to Paris just this morning.

Apparently this poor bugger has been bored out of his mind so he decided to go and find the exposition hall Port du something. We both are SC2 fans and have never played Diablo or anything, he is hoping to score a SC2 beta key or something.

Might as well end your suffering, he saw a pretty hefty sized Diablo (Diablo III printed with bluish-black flames around it) poster. He said it was a freaky looking demon in a huge pylon type (crystal) that was breaking apart. Can't tell if it is Diablo because his description didn't look like the box art (just checked). It's weird though... wth is a giant pylon doing with Diablo? Maybe Blizzard is going to be lazy and combine a SC and Diablo MMO??

2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Re: Haha, best phonecall ever :)

Did the crystal look anything like the splash page picture teaser thing that's been talked about for the past few days?

3. Aryev

Aryev IncGamers Member

Well he was *****ing it being like a pylon since it was blue/azure. I just saw the splash, and I'd say yeah by his description the crystal/pylon was like that.

4. panaxos

panaxos IncGamers Member

They actually put up a Diablo III poster days ahead of the official announcement? That logic fails me :scratchchin: - I was seriously expecting some kind of unveiling of images or video on saturday.
    But if that's true we should see images popping up all over the web any minute now :)

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Tell him to take a picture of it! Otherwise, I think he's pulling your chain.

6. TurbulentTurtle

Yeah, if this is true, we can pretty much end all the speculation and crazy theories.

7. Aryev

Aryev IncGamers Member

Or they might be preparing for the show and haven't covered it or done whatever they need to do to make it an awesome reveal?

BTW the poster was not in an easily visible area, I just called him again for a pic but he said all the doors are closed now. He just got lucky I guess, or is BS'ing me.

8. estrellas

estrellas IncGamers Member

Couldn't it have been a soulstone? They're blue afterall...maybe it's a METAPHORICAL thing :D

9. TurbulentTurtle

Yeah I thought about it maybe being a soulstone, but honestly, just wait a couple days and see.
    There's so much of this crazy conspiracy stuff going with, people ranting about far fetched theories and rumours and stuff. Just chill, everyone needs to calm down and eat some fruit or something.

So far, from what I've read, what Aryev's friend says, if it's true, then it's the most solid piece of information yet.

10. sectoid

sectoid IncGamers Member

Any news from your friend, Aryev?

11. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

hmm well im sure it could be true i mean....if you say what you said youve never played diablo or anything im almost 100% positive what he seen WAS a soulstone. but the only soulstone that was azure/blue was Baal.......i bet that ***** of a demon is bringing diablo back to life lol his soulstone wasnt ever destroyed you know. (we never seen it) and if youve seen the first diablo ending you know by now that the demons liveon through the soul stone and whoever kills the demon puts it near their head and it shoves it self inside your brain transforming you into a demon so if it IS Baal dont expect him to look so faggy (hopefully lol)

12. prion

prion IncGamers Member

mephistos soulstone was blue but it was smashed. twice actually; the shards pierced the hands of the council members and the largest shard went into Sankekur whose body Mephisto possesed. Then that shard was smashed at the Hellforge.

The cut scenes reveal that Diablo's soulstone (red) was also smashed at the Hellforge.

The only stone not accounted for is Baal's which is yellow.

13. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

Diablo prolly has a backup :)

14. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

baal will probably forge another 2

15. Aryev

Aryev IncGamers Member

Sorry no news guys, I asked my friend to try to get another peek at this thing but no luck. All this has someway made me feel exited about this game, so I downloaded both Diablo and Diablo II with LoD. Paying the first one and I'm loving it. The Butcher totally freaked me out. Can't remember the last time I had fun playing an RPG :) Gonna give D2 and the exp a spin when I finish this: I'm playing with a Warrior.

I was reading the Wiki page on the Diablo plot line and I have come to a conclusion: Blizzard loves to misdirect people. I think this crystal is blue or is ice is a way of saying that Hell has been frozen over for the past 7-8 years and now things are going to heat up again - kinda like the 1.10 patch.

16. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Darn pirated soul stone copies. Diablo is such a haxor.

17. chubz

chubz IncGamers Member

dont feed the troll

18. Aranock

Aranock IncGamers Member

I think he's messing with your head.

The Diabloii.net team arrived in Paris yesterday as well and started posting up pics...let alone another thousand gamers/websites that will be at the event. Simply said, the image would have surfaced by now..

If your friend got the magical shot that would completely give away the fact they are announcing D3 and relate it to the blizzard teaser, (which only has concluded that they've hinted at all there titles so far) then he deserves a medal! =P