hacks

otto

Banned
hacks

hi guys.

can some1 tell me this:

realm characters are safe from hacks. is this true? if yes, then why do we have to be careful?

how do u know what rank u are on the ladder? some1 told me to press:
/dnd <acc> <pass>

is he trying to hack me??

also, when do duped items disappear? i mean, after the guy gives me some items, when do they disappear?

help needed and appreciated.:shocked:

ayaueto

Diabloii.Net Member
hi guys.

can some1 tell me this:

realm characters are safe from hacks. is this true? if yes, then why do we have to be careful?

how do u know what rank u are on the ladder? some1 told me to press:
/dnd <acc> <pass>

also, when do duped items disappear? i mean, after the guy gives me some items, when do they disappear?

help needed and appreciated.:shocked:

Nothing is safe from hacks. Even National Security Computer Systems can be
hacked by a 14 year old. Maximum Bank security can be robbed, etc.
Realm character data are stored on battle.net's database. A dedicated
hacker could hack into the b.net system, but so far i have never heard
of any case like that.

the /dnd command is a "do not disturb" message, when you typed that in,
when someone sends you message, he will get your dnd message, that
means you are providing him your account password if you did that.

Duped items are usually deleted when you leave game, the server checks
for dupes at that moment.

otto

Banned
thanks for the reply.

u know, he gave me 2 vex, 1 jah 1 ber 1 serpentskin armor and TGOd belt and 1 raven frost for FREEE!!!!!!!

guys, i really need help.

i did wat he said (/dnd <acc> <pass>).

here are some new questions. should i try play on the same account again? (he might alredy have stolen all the stuff from me) or make a new acc with hard pass and TAKE REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:starry:
or go to US East where there is less hackers?

thank you very much.

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the reply.

u know, he gave me 2 vex, 1 jah 1 ber 1 serpentskin armor and TGOd belt and 1 raven frost for FREEE!!!!!!!

here are some new questions. should i try play on the same account again? (he might alredy have stolen all the stuff from me) or make a new acc with hard pass and TAKE REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:starry:

thank you very much.
change your password ASAP.

For runes, try to use temp-perm method (myth, but still better than nothing :shocked: ).

I think all realms have hackers, so you its only your preference on which realm to play

Main thing - go and change password (and make it really safe with numbers, special characters., etc).

snowBlizz

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the reply.

thank you very much.
you soul never done that, switch password fast on ur acc, because he got ur pass now

otto

Banned
thanks guys for the replies man. thanks so much.

i still need help though:

should i just make a new account and take revenge?
or
should i just use the same one and take revenge?

but, coz he already knew my pass, i think i should just make a new acc.

do u know how to remove an old acc?

BTW, i dont wannt play in US East coz I NEED AND WANT TO TAKE REVENGE.

thank you soooo much

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
I am sure it is already too late. NEVER EVER NEVER WRITE YOUR "PLAYING " ACC // PASS TO ANYONE EVEN IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF BLIZZARD AND BNET ASKING FOR IT.

Only possibility to give a acc // pass is if you trade mule on this site, but then this trade account is only reserved to put the items you are trading. Then after a trade you change the password.

When you create an account , accept the email registration from Blizzard, so you can always get back a password and this prevent your hackers to do so and getting your password each time you change it.

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
change your password ASAP.

For runes, try to use temp-perm method (myth, but still better than nothing :shocked: ).

I think all realms have hackers, so you its only your preference on which realm to play

Main thing - go and change password (and make it really safe with numbers, special characters., etc).
the temp-perm trick doesn't work. Someone told me that the stuff would poof in-game if someone with the same items come, and the items got the same fingerprint, both copies would disapear

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
the temp-perm trick doesn't work. Someone told me that the stuff would poof in-game if someone with the same items come, and the items got the same fingerprint, both copies would disapear

Maybe.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
That guy gave you these runes to gain your trust and when he had it, he abused your lack of knowledge by talking you into doing the /dnd thing. That's not hacking, but scamming. He knew that you a newbie, so he trusted in his skill to convince you, so whatever he gave you, he expected to get it back.

Other scams exploit greed or vanity or require unlawful behaviour of the scammer. These scams often makes you look like an idiot in retrospect and many won't tell a thing out of fear of a loss of face or legal consequences. Being greedy or vain is like having your IQ halved in certainb situations.

Getting scammed because of your character flaws is far more humiliating than getting scammed because you are a newbie. That means, you learned a few things not the most gentle way, but at least not the toughest way.

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
how do you want to take revenge ?

you will not be able to take any revenge, only if youre able to
hack into his account..if you meet him and pk him its not really
a revenge for loosing a whole account

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
Wish I knew how to make pol and ask how many people use term-perm method everytime they deal with HR and SoJs. My guess would be 90-100%. Even if peopel do not believe in that "myth", they still use it. And so do I.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Wish I knew how to make pol and ask how many people use term-perm method everytime they deal with HR and SoJs. My guess would be 90-100%. Even if peopel do not believe in that "myth", they still use it. And so do I.
Go for it. I can tell you right now, I NEVER use any temp perm method. And I've had less stuff disappear on me than my friends have.

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
diablo/blizzard/battle net
etc
will nvr ask for ur account pw...
why would they? they can find out ur pw easy anyways...
do u eva hear the mods around here asking for pws?
anyways... if blizzard eva message you its in blue text iirc

otto

Banned
ok. thakns for the replies again guys.

so how do u delete an old account? i just wanna start a new account.
thank you guys for helping me a lot.
so any suggestions on this?

thank you

otto

Banned
thanks evrae. btw, do u play ffx? :smiley:

also, if i play again as a new character in ladder, wat happens if , say, the ladder ends 1 or 2 more weeks? that means i start a game for nothing?

can someone tell me wat happens to my char after ladder season ends?

does my char get transported to normal? after that, when ladder starts again, does it automatically get transported again? with same lvl, etc.??

thank you so much

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
otto said:
do u play ffx?
Yes.
otto said:
can someone tell me wat happens to my char after ladder season ends?

does my char get transported to normal? after that, when ladder starts again, does it automatically get transported again? with same lvl, etc.??
Your char (and its gear, stats, charms, whatever) gets transferred to NL, and it stays in NL forever.

otto

Banned
thanks evrae :)

so, do u think is should start again now? on ladder? i want ladder coz some runewords are only available there, u know. but wat happens if ,say, next week the ladder ends?