Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hacks & Scams

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ezail3, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Ezail3

Ezail3 IncGamers Member

Hacks & Scams

This is kind of off-topic or irrelavant but today i saw some poor guy get auto-popped (gave him this false URL with a trojan or w/e) by these two greedy f*ckers, the guy lost his full gris set and w/e else he had, they didn't leave a single thing for him. This really hacks me off because for one its mean and just goes to show how low people really are. And secondly blizz or B.Net could really care less. I understand blizz and b.net try to solve their problems but they leave some of the most ridiculous ones in such as the pick up through the wall glitch ( ive lost a couple of things through that scam myself). But why don't they protect d2 from these vile, outdoor programs , its ridiculous. I tried to warn those two that id screenshotted the whole thing and i would show b.net but they know and I know b.net wouldnt do sh*t. My point is Blizz & b.net should really beef up some of its defenses especially towards outdoor programs and such like MH and that garbage. If anyone wants to add anything please do. Thank you

2. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

What is auto-popped? You mean when they stand over the corpse or something, and when he tried to pick up it kills him.
    I just want to know, so maybe it wont happen to me!

But about MH...seems about 75% of players out there are using it. Some fix that was....but i figure Blizz will do their usual deletion of accunts sooner or later...but it aint like that wil lstop anything tho.:(

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think if you're stupid enough to download from like omgubarleetblizzhackz.tk/trojan.exe then you kind of have it coming.

4. Yoshi

Yoshi IncGamers Member

i believe auto pop is when you download a file while your d2 is open and it takes all your items off and drops them on the floor... so if the person is

1. dumb enough be persuaded to even look at a hack site
    2. dumb enough to dl and open it
    3. dumb enough stay in the same game of the advertisers while he/she tests the "ub4rz d00p1n6 pr0g" and/or "xxx" hack or... whatever they seem to be advertising...

i think that person deserves to have a stripped char...

5. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Remember...

I agree that it's despicable to cheat people.

I agree whoever downloads stuff deserves what they get. These programs are written by hackers. Hacker. Remember that...

Blizzard I think is doing a great job for a game whose marketability is pretty much gone, I think. Not knowing about new sales data, I would imagine that $20 for a treasure chest of D/D2/D2X is not bringing in a lot of money. They are giving us a pretty good battle.net for the cheap $ that we paid for in the games, and we are getting B.net for free (no subscription).

6. johny

johny IncGamers Member

the best thing blizzard provide for us is a FREE battle.net service. :p

7. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

You guys, it is much much easier than that. you don't need to download a trojan at all. All you need to do is visit certain sites, many of which have "cheap items, we accept paypal" When all it is a fake site with java code that loads the torjan on opening the site. When your D2 is open, meaning you alt-tab out the java code can get your userid password, etc.

So point is, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

8. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Java

Java applets (that loads from visiting websites) runs in a sandbox in the browser. I'm pretty sure applets can not grab information from your other apps, or else there would be much bigger problems than D2X passwords.

Trojans on the other hand are programs you download yourself, so it runs right on the window OS and is given full permissions.

9. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

You're correct, chubby.
    A java applet cannot run as a keylogger.
    It really has to be a trojan of some sort that was actually (and actively) downloaded.

I hate to see folks get taken advantage of like that but like the old saying goes -
    'If you like to piss on fires, be prepared for roasted nuts.'

10. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

I hate scammers. Getting items by not earning it is just not cool in my opinion. My friend just told me about a scam he almost fell into that didnt involve programs. In a 3 player game, enigma here type thing, my friend wanted to trade his cta for a low enigma. The guy had his friend also in the game so it became full. The guy with the enigma declined the cta offer and said he wanted a valor +2 nec for it. So my friend, being bummed wanted to trade with that guys friend (of course he didnt know it was a scam). Well the guy had a +2 nec valor but no enigma. And so my friend thought, "hey i can get that enigma now if i trade with this guy" and so he put his cta up and almost checked the box before he realized the scam. Case in point, it doesnt have to be a program to scam. Probably why bnet cant really do much about those guys. Also, programs just gives you more if you actually find someone who is willing to fall for it. I admire bnet/blizzard for their attempts to lower and stop hacks with 1.10. You gotta notice that there are pretty much no games that are hackproof or glitchproof (programwise). There will always be people wanting to take advantage of others, its human nature.

11. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

...and it will always be human nature to fall for them...

I sympathize with people who lose items or accounts through things like a friend using MH with you're account, or a friend you know in person uses the pass you told him to steal your stuff BUT I have some simple logic here

1. You're downloading the file because why?
    2. Because you're greedy and want an advantage
    3. You just finished trying to gain an advantage over some one, but now when it backfires on you, and someone takes advantage of you, it's time to insult and *****?:scratch:

You have no one to blame but yourself.

I had an account banned in 1.09...I started complaining..."Why get me...they can't get the ITH makers and the dupers, so they go after a little but of MH...
    but then I realized that I had taken the risk, trying to get an advantage, and it had failed...

Remember when you're trying to get something, the other person wants something in return...