hacked

LostMagic

Diabloii.Net Member
hacked

ok...well i just got hacked. i didnt give away my pw, or anything that would clue at it... heres the death toll:

ap nigma
39 hoto
p shako
arachnids
soj + raven
p travs
umd hoz
30 maras
magefists
jah
vex
2 pul
um
ber
and at last, my hdin character

harconst

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: hacked

well , you probably did something weird ( got into a strange site at least ).
people don't get hacked like that. Not that easy at least.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

NO! i dont use hacks of any kind! that is just immoral. plus im scared of the cold hurty banhammer
hmm, any idea how it happened then?

did you download a Hero Editor or something for SP testing? have you been visiting "dodgy" sites that might have hit you with a keylogger?

or did someone just brute-force your pw?

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

or did u purchase item off online ?
or did u trade off item from people ?
are ur items all perfect when u trade them ?
high chance of poofing ?

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

sounds like he lost his hdin with all the hdin gear... AFAIK char's don't just poof.

But hey... I guess if u join pubbies, and maybe piss some one off they can easily get ur account name and try bruteforcing.

I think upon successful login it says the # of login failures, did u notice anything like that?

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member

sounds like he lost his hdin with all the hdin gear... AFAIK char's don't just poof.

But hey... I guess if u join pubbies, and maybe piss some one off they can easily get ur account name and try bruteforcing.

I think upon successful login it says the # of login failures, did u notice anything like that?
isnt there a temporary block on the login after a couple of failed tries?

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

I suppose there is, i never tried it though.

But this only enhances my point.. i think. Since anyone brute-forcing would get temp block, and hopefully when you'd try to log in you'd notice something wrong such as "temp block message thingy" or "number of failed logins"

The number of failed logins is always in red, so it stands out.

Of course if they "guess" the pass quick enough... then... bye bye stuff.. especially hdin gear!:badteeth: