Hack is Back

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Hack is Back

Well I saw my 1st hacked item yesterday, was a pair of wizardspike gloves.
This druid was in a pk game, but was not fighting? Just watching, then came over to me, and went to the trade screen to show me his stuff, which was unreal btw. But I lost all concentration when I saw the gloves. All stats were the same as the wizard spike dagger, just on a pair of gloves.
I told him. "Hey those are hacked?" "Yes they are, lol" he replied.

So their ya have it, give it a few more weeks/months maybe, and dueling as far as these legit last few months were, will be over. Back to 1.09 ruelz, only this time, these hacks look ever more powerful than be4.

I copied the guys name down, and account. But what should I do with it? I mean I aint no rat, but damit, I hate to see these guys start this crap over again, and do nothing? So I dont know what to do, either way, no matter what I/you do, there out, and soon everyone will have them hacks....again.
 

helohi

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it on non-ladder, since the ruststorm didn't kill every hacked item (iirc hacked tal armor and wt is still on europe).
 

ThereIsNoSpoon

Diabloii.Net Member
CyberHawk said:
only this time, these hacks look ever more powerful than be4.
Look...don't panic k? Wizardspike gloves are there for over 2 years already and they're far from being "more powerfull than b4". Just some old wizzy gloves left unchecked by scan. I hate when people freak out at every non legit item they see. Hacked items are thing of the past now, it will take a way lot more effort for hackers to upload open items to ladder this time around. Even if they will succeed, ruststorms database will be updated and the **** deleted...so just relax dude.
 

Saurgrist

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I haven't seen any hacked items yet in 1.10. It's gonna be a lot harder to do, and hopefully there won't be many at all. Hacking makes the game no fun.
 

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Geee, how hard could it be to make a program that read every item on every character on the server, checked its stats and type...then checked wether this is indeed a possible stat (+600% IAS is not) and if its indeed a possible combination (occulous rings) and just delete it if its not.
 

ThereIsNoSpoon

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
Geee, how hard could it be to make a program that read every item on every character on the server, checked its stats and type...then checked wether this is indeed a possible stat (+600% IAS is not) and if its indeed a possible combination (occulous rings) and just delete it if its not.
Hmmmm....there is one...It's called ruststorm. Only it checks character everytime it's used not doing complete realm scan (way too resource and time consuming).
 

lazyassdre

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
Geee, how hard could it be to make a program that read every item on every character on the server, checked its stats and type...then checked wether this is indeed a possible stat (+600% IAS is not) and if its indeed a possible combination (occulous rings) and just delete it if its not.
Hmm, take into account how many people play D2, how many accounts each person has, how many characters are on each of those accounts, and how many items are on each of those characters.
 

Beatboxer

Member
lazyassdre said:
Hmm, take into account how many people play D2, how many accounts each person has, how many characters are on each of those accounts, and how many items are on each of those characters.
Also take into account how much Blizzard, as a company, would have to gain from writing such a program...

Maybe if all the legit players raised some dough to pay the programmer then maybe it would work out.:cool:
 

Jugalator

Diabloii.Net Member
Beatboxer said:
Also take into account how much Blizzard, as a company, would have to gain from writing such a program...

Maybe if all the legit players raised some dough to pay the programmer then maybe it would work out.:cool:
Actually, this program *is* already in effect. It is exactly what the ruststorm does and is still doing. It's why we haven't seen an explosion of hacked items on the ladder yet. The ladder is a very desirable target for ebayers and hackers right now and although maybe not 100% of all hacked items are caught, a whole lot is.

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about when they wrote this rust storm for 1.10 and when it's still in effect...
 

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen WS Gloves, NON-Ladder, after 1.10, I've actually seen 2 pair .. and the thing that I found wierd is that they were both "personalized" (from the anya quest) When an item is personalized, is there a new id generated? I have no idea, just struck me as wierd that the only 2 hacked items I've seen since 1.10 were both named. any thoughts?
 

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
talkin about hacked items...listen to this


i saw a guy who had a ruby jewel of fervor right..but hold on

the prefix didnt giv %ed(1-40)
IT GAVE FIRE RESIST!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!ladder is dead!

:drink: :shhh:
 

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
ThereIsNoSpoon said:
Hmmmm....there is one...It's called ruststorm. Only it checks character everytime it's used not doing complete realm scan (way too resource and time consuming).
Not really, just scan inactive characters (not logged in) as well as logged in characters...doing a total search with a low priority process might take time, but since the servers are running all the time, they have time enough.
 
Top