Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hack is Back

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CyberHawk, Feb 15, 2004.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Hack is Back

Well I saw my 1st hacked item yesterday, was a pair of wizardspike gloves.
    This druid was in a pk game, but was not fighting? Just watching, then came over to me, and went to the trade screen to show me his stuff, which was unreal btw. But I lost all concentration when I saw the gloves. All stats were the same as the wizard spike dagger, just on a pair of gloves.
    I told him. "Hey those are hacked?" "Yes they are, lol" he replied.

So their ya have it, give it a few more weeks/months maybe, and dueling as far as these legit last few months were, will be over. Back to 1.09 ruelz, only this time, these hacks look ever more powerful than be4.

I copied the guys name down, and account. But what should I do with it? I mean I aint no rat, but damit, I hate to see these guys start this crap over again, and do nothing? So I dont know what to do, either way, no matter what I/you do, there out, and soon everyone will have them hacks....again.

2. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it on non-ladder, since the ruststorm didn't kill every hacked item (iirc hacked tal armor and wt is still on europe).

3. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Look...don't panic k? Wizardspike gloves are there for over 2 years already and they're far from being "more powerfull than b4". Just some old wizzy gloves left unchecked by scan. I hate when people freak out at every non legit item they see. Hacked items are thing of the past now, it will take a way lot more effort for hackers to upload open items to ladder this time around. Even if they will succeed, ruststorms database will be updated and the **** deleted...so just relax dude.

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

If its non-ladder there are a few (not many) hacked items left from rust storm.

5. Saurgrist

Saurgrist IncGamers Member

Yeah, I haven't seen any hacked items yet in 1.10. It's gonna be a lot harder to do, and hopefully there won't be many at all. Hacking makes the game no fun.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Geee, how hard could it be to make a program that read every item on every character on the server, checked its stats and type...then checked wether this is indeed a possible stat (+600% IAS is not) and if its indeed a possible combination (occulous rings) and just delete it if its not.

7. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Hmmmm....there is one...It's called ruststorm. Only it checks character everytime it's used not doing complete realm scan (way too resource and time consuming).

8. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

Hmm, take into account how many people play D2, how many accounts each person has, how many characters are on each of those accounts, and how many items are on each of those characters.

9. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Also take into account how much Blizzard, as a company, would have to gain from writing such a program...

Maybe if all the legit players raised some dough to pay the programmer then maybe it would work out.:cool:

10. Syvis

Syvis IncGamers Member

I have also seen a hack... It was Black Hack. Was found at ancient way :)

11. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

Actually, this program *is* already in effect. It is exactly what the ruststorm does and is still doing. It's why we haven't seen an explosion of hacked items on the ladder yet. The ladder is a very desirable target for ebayers and hackers right now and although maybe not 100% of all hacked items are caught, a whole lot is.

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about when they wrote this rust storm for 1.10 and when it's still in effect...

12. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I've seen WS Gloves, NON-Ladder, after 1.10, I've actually seen 2 pair .. and the thing that I found wierd is that they were both "personalized" (from the anya quest) When an item is personalized, is there a new id generated? I have no idea, just struck me as wierd that the only 2 hacked items I've seen since 1.10 were both named. any thoughts?

13. Color_Wolf

Color_Wolf IncGamers Member

14. th5418

th5418 Banned

Didnt we discuss about this item before? Hmm, yes

15. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

talkin about hacked items...listen to this

i saw a guy who had a ruby jewel of fervor right..but hold on

the prefix didnt giv %ed(1-40)
    IT GAVE FIRE RESIST!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!ladder is dead!

:drink: :shhh:

16. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Not really, just scan inactive characters (not logged in) as well as logged in characters...doing a total search with a low priority process might take time, but since the servers are running all the time, they have time enough.