Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gull dagger in second slot

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by danz, Feb 17, 2004.

1. danz

danz IncGamers Member

Gull dagger in second slot

If I have a Gull dagger with +100% MF in my #2 weapon slot, which I never use, does it have any effect on my total MF, or does it only work if the Gull is the active weapon at the time of the kill/search?

The +100% MF sound like a good thing, but I'd never try to fight with it, especially as an Amazon specializing in the bow tree :)

- danz

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Only the active weapon/shield combo is used for determining MF (and anything else for that matter). There are ways around it - MF is calculated at the time of death, so if you fire the last shot and switch before it hits, you'll get the extra MF.

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

There are several good tricks to increase the mf total when you make a kill as an amazon. One is to use a Langer Briser unique arbalest for the final killing blow ... that can have from 30 to 60% mf IIRC.

Another trick is to use the gull dagger or Ali Baba with the Rhyme shield (for 25% more mf) on a weapon switch and let your Mercenary or Valkrye kill the monster with the gull and shield active. You can use the gull dagger to open any chests as well.

Good luck with your magic finding :)

4. danz

danz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help!

Diablo fans are the best...

You can probably tell that I only play single-player, and that my interaction with the abovementioned fans is limited to forum contributors :)

5. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

If you use GA, fire the last killing shot from a distance and switch to a gull/rhyme before the arrow hits your target. I used to do that all the time with my MF zon.