Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guitars!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Killswitch Engage, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Killswitch Engage

Killswitch Engage IncGamers Member

Guitars!

This thread is dedicated to guitars (bass also) and guitar players!
    Is there any guitar players in this forum? If so, are you taking lessons? Or have you taught yourself? For how long have you been playing?

Which guitar do you own, etc... and everything else you want to share.

I guess I'll start.
    At the age 14 I started to want to learn how to play the guitar, but was too lazy so i never started... last year I picked up my dad's old guitar, and just started strumming some chords... I have some friends who play (for several years) and I was SO jealous at them for being able to play the guitar with such talent... so I've asked them how long did it take them to play like they play now and they have said about 7-8 months...
    I was pretty depressed because I thought I would never be able to play like them, but every now and then I'd pick up the old guitar and practice a bit.

I was really frustrated that I couldn't play and by the time I wanted to quit I noticed that I can actually play :scratch: ... and not bad at all.
    So one day I just... like found out that all the practice was worthwhile.

And now after ~6 months I'm better than my friends :lol:

Sooo... what about you guys?

2. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

I like guitars, I also like beer. what kind of beer do you like?

3. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I taught myself how to play 2 years ago. I own an acoustic. I don't play that much and I kind of suck. The best song I can play is Tears of Heaven by Eric Clapton. I rarely play electric but it seems a lot easier. The actual learning process didn't take too long. If you are really into playing, it takes just a few months.

4. Killswitch Engage

Killswitch Engage IncGamers Member

No hijacking please... :hanky:

5. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i got a fender squire. i started last june i think. i suck. i use a program called guitar pro to get all my tabs. its the best thing out there. if you want it, pm me.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I play the bass, I have a fretless WW(Who else said they had one?), anywho I have played for abotu 2 year on electric and I also play string base(4years). Uhh I play my own bands songs and I know every Weezer song by heart. . .does that make me a freak?

If you like a nice bass line that will go with almost any song(no up-tempo) then try out the bass line to Tired of Sex by Weezer you can transpose it to any key and have it work for your song. I absolutely love that line. . .

7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

got gibson sg, been playing for a year self taught
    also bought an encore bass (crappy £150 one)

8. redneck hater

redneck hater IncGamers Member

I'm self-taught, and started playing about 4 months ago. At first I had some Seagull acoustic. But finally bought a new NMI acoustic. I'm thinking about getting lessons sometime once I can actually afford them.

9. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I have an Gibson SG electric, a Fender acoustic and a musicman bass. I have been playing for almost 7 years, self-taught, although I did take a college music theory class last year.

I'm playing mostly the acoustic these days, don't want to bother the neighbors in this college house with paper thin walls. I write some songs and mess around learning various indie rock songs, or whatever catches my eye while browsing the tab websites.

Actually I have a sort of band started with a friend, we played a 10 song set at an artshow a couple of weeks ago, hopefully we will have time to sit down and write some songs before the end of the school year.

10. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Hey KOW hippie holocaust has a warick too thats who your thinking of.

I've been playing bass for a year 3 months. I have a Fender Jazz 4 string and a 60w beringer amp. I am taking lessons. I wasn't for a while but I was running into some road blocks so I thought what the hell lessons can only help me improve so I've been doing them now for about a month.

11. Professor Blasto

Professor Blasto IncGamers Member

I have a Squire Strat. I've been playing for about a year and 3 months now. I tought myself how to play from a book that came with the guitar. From there i moved on to internet tabs. I'd really like to find something that's challenging. Any ideas?

12. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

get the guitar pro program from me and then try to play eruption by van halen.

want it?

13. Dementia

Dementia IncGamers Member

Been playing 2 and a half years, I own a Ibanez SA160 and an electric/acoustic. Whoever posted that they had a good guitar, program, I'd like it.

14. Ãœdorim

Ãœdorim IncGamers Member

http://www.seagullguitars.com/productstudiocw.htm

I've had this for a couple of months. I like fingerpicking and that kind of stuff, so I use olga.net a lot for their classical archive, but I haven't had any lessons for the guitar at all so I don't know how good I actually am. I've also had a student model electric guitar for a while, but I never play it because it goes out of tune so fast that even my ears can tell. I think bass would be cool to play, but I'd rather pick up a set of drums first. Anyway.

15. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

meh.. i played bass for a year, gave up on it though, i don't have the discipline to teach myself how to play something, and i didn't feel like i was going anywhere with it

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

So, me going to learn the acoustic guitar wouldnt be a bad thing. Im 14. If i dont go will i regret it later on in my life?

17. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

I've been playing for over 2 years. I was taught by a really good teacher. All his own lessons and exercises... none of that out of the book crap.

I own a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Strat, and two acoustics. I've been in a band for quite awhile now too.

18. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

*cough*iHATEyou*cough*

*cough* :uhhuh:

19. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I have a strat and a Fender acoustic. Its actually really nice mahogony wood single spit, sounds really nice with elixer strings. I don't really play my electric anymore... I took the country music road when I decided I would never be Dimebag Darrell, and saw the light of Pat Green.

20. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I have two crap guitars. I have been playing for seven years, and I play in two bands.