Guild Wars?

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
Guild Wars?

So which OTFians are playing this game? What are your impressions. Are there any games you could compare it to?

JackGoodwin

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
So which OTFians are playing this game? What are your impressions. Are there any games you could compare it to?
i can tell you in about 2 1/2 hours when i go out and buy it. It looks pretty cool AND has low system requirements (hehehe) :clap:

Isolde212

Banned
This game must die!!!! Or at least have some sort of timer on it so you can only play for a certain amount of time. This way you avoid the vast amounts of neglecting your spouse. Do I sound bitter...oh I am sorry I'm not bitter at all.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Well to be honest..I feel like I'm playing a advanced version of D2. I mean you got the chance of good drops. Theres PvP, or PvE..or both if you prefer. Sweet looking characters...many variations..esp since you can color clothing/armor/shields/etc. Even mix colors to get a even more unique look. Very much into teamwork this game is...but no need to worry, theres always people willing tp join, or ask you to join in and help...esp latter parts of the game.
I have no idea how long it takes to beat the game...i'm going on 3 months..and dont even feel close. But IF i ever do I'm going to purchase a Guild Hall..so any or all of my guildmates can go there to hang/talk/meet up. There are several to chose from.
Oh...and the girls....oh man they look sweet in this game. Erotic dancing..sorry, sorry...but some of them are next to wearing nothing. And ya cant help buy run over and look sometimes...seriously, you other GW players do it, and ya know it.

The good thing is you cannot be overpowered like D2 made you...I hated that..it became no fun. This game is VERY balanced..making ever class needing other classes to help make a awesome team to battle creaturs and such. I have found myself flexing(/flex)..or cheering (/cheer) right in the middle of battle casue you can FEEL the tide turning in your favor...quite awesome.

If ya got any question about it, that the website doesnt mention..pls ask, and I'll tell what I can to settle some curiosity.

And congrats Jack...you'll like it. :)

Mystik

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey I was actually thinking about getting into guild wars. Has anyone played FFXI and guild wars? If it's better than FFXI I'll try it... there was something about FFXI that I didn't like. It took forever to level and you HAD to have a party or else you are screwed. Well then, opinions?

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Mystik said:
Hey I was actually thinking about getting into guild wars. Has anyone played FFXI and guild wars? If it's better than FFXI I'll try it... there was something about FFXI that I didn't like. It took forever to level and you HAD to have a party or else you are screwed. Well then, opinions?
Well I know as far as GW having a party work best..of course theirs henchies who will come for free, and have a good AI imo. But I know ALOT who solo...they rack up the cash and items quick doing so....but obviously they are better at their character than I am...I cant solo the harder quest very good. But my guy is more of a tank, than a dmg dealer so. I like to block the casters and defend as much as possible...works good, but not alone.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking of this game...I made a new character yesterday, a female. My 1st female actually. And usually I dont play them..I dont know why. But to me she is so cute. I got some pictures of her here, but I tell ya, they dont do her justice. I think maybe becasue I switched them to JPEG files and they somewhat dis-pixeled themselves...but I sometimes just stop, and..man shes beautiful. She my little girl now, and I hate to see her get hit in battle. She's very small..prob less that 5 feet, but thats whats so cute about her.
I need to introduce her to my wife.....hmm might not be such a good idea..lol j/k

And no to some of you current GW'ers..I'm not going to show her 1/2 naked. You treat yer own how ya want...this one is special. Use manners people ;)

Fancy Chance

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Some questions about GW:

1)Can you find items with one character & use it on another like D2? muling?iow-is there item farming with a particular character suited for the role?
2)Are the skills good,how is the melee character? the skills.. anything like ww?
3)What about items-is the variety as big as D2? uniques/sets etc?
4)Are the graphics better than wow?
5)Will 128k dsl be good?
6)Is it possible not to equip the female characters with any armor i.e naked?

Rik

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
1)Can you find items with one character & use it on another like D2? muling?-is there item farming with a particular character suited for the role?
2)Are the skills good,how is the melee character? the skills.. anything like ww?
5)Will 128k dsl be good?
1. Yes. The most common farmer is warrior/monk. There is also a stash any of your chars can access. And once you find an item once, any of your pvp chars can use it.
2. Over 450 skills, many work well, some are dumb. Melee is a little underpowered imo but its a lot better than most games.
3. Its not exactly the same, as there are no ultra rare items like d2. Its more about fashion, really. There are a ton of upgrades and weapon types tho. Remember tho, unlike d2, GW is not a RPG with some pvp stacked on top, it is a pvp game with some RPG stacked on top. The focus is on team pvp.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, nude female moshing is all the rage in the noob cities. Mesmers have the cutest panties ever. My mesmer tossed all her armor except for her black hose leggings. Oddly, this had almost no effect on her survivability and everyone loves watching the nude mesmer fight.

Garbad

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
Some questions about GW:

1)Can you find items with one character & use it on another like D2? muling?iow-is there item farming with a particular character suited for the role?
5)Will 128k dsl be good?

Rik

1. Yes. What you use is a storage chest. When you start a new character, their items will be in the storage container, which you "farmer" placed intheir for them, the storage chest is used by all your characters. Tho you must remember..its only 1 chest....so you not able to horde every item in the game..so be wise what you save. The good thing is tho..all characters also share the wealth. Theres a deposit, and withdraw feature in there as well.
Or you could do like me...I have 1 character that is strickly a mule. He places all kinds of items from the chest, to his person...kinda like having a chest 3 times its size. And then back in there when someone needs a certain item/material. Tho this will use up 1 of your 4 character slots...but I haven't beat the game with 1 yet..let alone 3.

2. Well, I think you can have a total of 150 skills, 75 with 1 class, 75 from 2nd profession....some people ay you can have several hundred? You can "capture" skills using a signet(sp?) from monsters you fight, using your same class, some elite skills, but I havent tried this yet. But only use 8 at a time for sure. So there are.....huge amount of different variations you can try...and some are very different in different situations. I'm still learning here myself.
As in skill motion like WW...ya some skills show character attacking changes..like a concentrated hit..or a glowing sword for a sec...followed with a certain noise everyone can hear. Some have words labled over the charters head like 'Watch Yourself"...letting everyone know they just had a AC boost of +20. The Hammer warriors have a spinning attack kinda like WW..but I'm a sword warrior.
NOTE*..You can be a Axe/Hammer/Sword Warrior in a few adjustments. Unlike D2..you cant mess up your character. You can change skills points, skills anytime you want. So really 1 warrior can be as good as the next...but it WILL determine what class they are..and what skills they use, and HOW they use them. This is where I like GW very much. I can actually be better than my teammate...tho I like his healing spell...so it makes us work great together in battle.:)

3. Hmm D2 to me seem it had alot of different items...but a general "look". And end game..alot of barbs seem to look the same, sorc/zon/all the same. Where as end-game(If there is a such thing) in GW..people work on making their character different..becasue alot of the armor, say as in warriors, have equal, or close to smiliar states..just different looks. Like for me..I like the Gladiator look. That set also give some energy boost, which I like. But some prefer the solid armor look of plate-mail. It has a better base armor, but mine gives better in physical only. And where talking 20 points here between the two. So it isn't crazy different. I know of 5 different armors for the warrior, all containing 4-5 pieces each. Some set cost 6-8k to finish..some are 500k. Depends how richy you want to look.;)
I chose the cheapest in price..lol. But me being a physical tank...Gladiator is the best, as far as I know, when it come to physical. Elemental..hmm, I look for socket/runes anything to insert to help out inthat catagory.
Which btw....if, or when you socket something...you can keep socketing the same item, just losing the inital socket. So nomore finding another ShaftStop becasue you added a P.Emerald by accident.. :mad:

4. Never played WoW. But I have seen several videos of in-game play. And to me...WoW doesnt have what GW has..esp in character detail. GW is simply...beautiful. I find myself just looking around sometimes..when I know I need to be concentrating on the battle. But hey..sometimes ya gotta just stop and take a look around..ya know.

5. You know how many times I see 56k'ers in there? And they aint complaining about any lagg. This game was made to run on 56k and up. They even mention it at the GuildWars site..so ya, you'd be fine. Plus I have DSL myself...I can count on 1 hand in 3 months the times I've lagged. Seriously.

Edit..opps I forgot 6.

Ya..they go down to panties and bras....but the dances..sheesh. These GW creators are quite the V.I.P room people..lol Tho the monks are more martial arts style dancers...but yes they to can .."take it off".

And 450 skills...wow, I knew people where saying a few hundred. There are so many! I cant decide!.;)

Edit again!.
Check out some of the screenshots here at gwonline.net

Make sure you read the subtitles, some of them are quite funny...lmao
Those are the character sections..visit the other screenshots selection located in the left scroll bar.

Anakha1

Banned
I play it and love it. Though it does at times get repetetive and I find a lot of the skills are underpowered.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
I play it and love it. Though it does at times get repetetive and I find a lot of the skills are underpowered.

Didnt you just get this game? Where are you at so far?
Oh and what class are you. And being that your better half is...ahem..not liking the game, you did chose a male ..right? :D

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
I play(ed) it and honestly I find it incredibly boring, repetative and restrictive(you can't even jump(!)). There's close to no character customization, everyone looks the same(ooh, look at me! i can dye my armor :rolleyes: ) and the missions are just bleh. No unique/interesting items, no 'secret' areas, linear quests, crappy level limit... But the PvP is kinda good, so it might be worth playing for those who are into that sort of thing. I, however, am not. Adios, Guildwars. You promised so much yet sucked so badly.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Kawaii said:
I play(ed) it and honestly I find it incredibly boring, repetative and restrictive(you can't even jump(!)). There's close to no character customization, everyone looks the same(ooh, look at me! i can dye my armor :rolleyes: ) and the missions are just bleh. No unique/interesting items, no 'secret' areas, linear quests, crappy level limit... But the PvP is kinda good, so it might be worth playing for those who are into that sort of thing. I, however, am not. Adios, Guildwars. You promised so much yet sucked so badly.

OMG..you need to play more than a few hours man.

You can jump...(/jump)..of course I loooved to jump all over the place in D2. :rolleyes:
There is ALOT more custom characters in creation than NWN has.
I've never seen matching people..cept in the 1st town..NOOBVILLE.
THERE ARE SECRETE AREA..you are WAY off there.
And awww..you want lvl 99 and hack your way thru the game in 8 hours. :( Sorry wrong game for you. This game takes time...and skill, something alot of people complain about in the GWforums.

CyberHawk said:
There is ALOT more custom characters in creation than NWN has.
Oh really? Can you get like angel wings or turn your skin pitch black or pure white? I doubt that.

Ive made so many D2 characters on NWN, its so fun. Tyrael, Diablo...etc. etc.

There are many modules that are remakes of the acts in diablo2, many people who play NWN have also played d2.

I love NWN and the fact you dont have waste your life on it.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
Oh really? Can you get like angel wings or turn your skin pitch black or pure white? I doubt that.

Ive made so many D2 characters on NWN, its so fun. Tyrael, Diablo...etc. etc.

There are many modules that are remakes of the acts in diablo2, many people who play NWN have also played d2.

I love NWN and the fact you dont have waste your life on it.

Oh if your talking about "downloaded" materials...oh theres noway you could compare the two. There is no more hacked and unevened game as NWN. I just remember my characters in NWN's..an what I have in GW....and I prefer GW mucho over.

EDIT..
oh, oh, wait a min. I'm talking about the original. Theres been several exspansion to NWN..and I need to make sure you know which I'm talking about...so ya..the 1st one. The other couple of exspansions may be different?
And I tell ya...I basically bought this new pc, back then, to play NWN..D&D ex-junkie here. And what a huge disappoint it was. All the modules..all the DL in game that took up so much time..all the freakin patches!..omg was like the plague. Everbodys character was so hacked and altered..I never stood 2 secs in a pvp module...got to where I hated this game. Then I took a break like for 2 months..I was so outdated...it wasn't even funny. So instead of playing that night..I would spend it updating/etc. Sheesh I couldn't stand it anymore.....they were so close to making a good game to me., but then poof, it all went away.