Guide to the most profitable way of using given accounts ! <

DarthLeader

Banned
Guide to the most profitable way of using given accounts !

Hi all,

With the end of ladder, many people gave away items and some of them gave away accounts. Being a perfectionist, I wondered:

What's the most profitable way to use those givens accounts ?

I came up with a 7-step procedure to extract the most profit out of those given accounts:

1) Look at their build, you might like it !
2) Do all the forges
3) List all socket quests and use them
4) For high clvl chars only:
4.1) List imbue quests and use them
4.2) Do all Nihlathak quests: Anya gives back a clvl dependant class-specific item
4.3) Do Gidbinn quest: Ormus gives back a clvl dependant rare ring
5) Sell all the items you don't want
6) If there is a lot of gold: xfer it to your highest lvl char and gamble it (always leave a bit in case you want to revive merc or something like that).
7) Xfer all items to the mules of your main system (don't forget to take the merc's items too !)

As far as I know, this is the most profitable way to use given accounts.

What do you guys think about it ?

DarthLeader

Last edited:

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Guide to the most profitable way of using given accounts !

I tend to keep all the stuff on the accounts when I get them, and just take what I need when I need it. It feels kinda disrespectful to me when I just completely ransack all the items in an account someone gave to me, especially with point #5, where you sell all the stuff you don't need.

Ultra Concentrated Joy

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a minor point of contention with 4.1, any char above level 8 (or 9?) can complete the imbue quest and should use a diadem to imbue, because the diadem will be able get any affix at any level. I also hear that eth T-spears are used for imbuing in the hopes of getting a nice low level weapon for LLD.

TT, I agree with you that I would not ransack an account like DarthLeader, but whomever gave him the account must have been aware of the likelihood of such shenanigans. If I were given an account, I would just go through steps 1-4, and then use the playable chars, keep any high level mules (perhaps adjust the levels a bit for some optimized crafting level) and use any low level mules and incorporate them into my system.

DarthLeader

Banned

maybe I exagerated a bit with point #5... :embarassed: I might remove it in next version.

@Ultra Concentrated Joy: Are you really sure that clvl doesn't matter for imbueing diadems ? Where did you see that ?

DarthLeader

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

i generally ransack given accounts for nice items, especially gems, charms and rares.

anything i don't want, is downright useless to me or hard to trade gets given away.

easily tradeable/high value stuff gets moved to my main account.

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
@Ultra Concentrated Joy: Are you really sure that clvl doesn't matter for imbueing diadems ? Where did you see that ?
this has to do with the way the imbue formula works and the magic level modifier on circlet-class items...clvl matters for every item except diadems. if you search for "imbue formula" you should find the right info.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

You forgot the free runes for rescuing the prisoners in act 5 ;)

Also, don't store valuable items on accounts given by others, they might have given it to you to perform password recovery later and steal your items.

DarthLeader

Banned

up to date, here are the changes that I'll do:

Delete point #5
Might include free runes for rescuing the prisoners in act 5 (very few uses out of ladder...)
Don't store valuable items on accounts given by others, they might have given it to you to perform password recovery later and steal your items.

Keep all imbue quests because it seems like "clvl matters for every item except diadems":
"Certain items have a high quality level associated to them, when this occurs it is possible to attain higher level affixes. An example of this is the Diadem with a quality level of 85. In this case, you can receive higher level affixes even if you are at a low character level."
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/gambling.shtml

Thanks for all comments, I am still opened for other comments !
DarthLeader

Garisdacar

Diabloii.Net Member

the runes for rescuing the prisoners can be used for crafting, not just insight/spirit.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member

maybe I exagerated a bit with point #5... :embarassed: I might remove it in next version.

DarthLeader
1. I don't see anything wrong with trading away what you don't need. It's given to you by someone who quit and you can do as you please with it.
2. the only character level needed for the imbue is the lvl requirement to complete the imbue quest. It's level 8.

- D.J.

DarthLeader

Banned

Here is the Guide to the most profitable way of using given accounts V2.0 !

1) Look at their build, you might like it !
2) Do all the forges
3) List all socket quests and use them
4) List imbue quests and use them for all characters lvl 8 or higher (low lvl for diadem only. Use high clvl chars for circlet or whatever you want)
5) You can also do the soldiers quest (a5q2) if you need some crafting runes
6) For high clvl chars only:
6.1) Do all Nihlathak quests: Anya gives back a clvl dependant class-specific item
6.2) Do Gidbinn quest: Ormus gives back a clvl dependant rare ring
7) If there is a lot of gold: xfer it to your highest lvl char and gamble it (always leave a bit in case you want to revive merc or something like that).
8) Xfer all items to the mules of your main system (don't forget to take the merc's items and the cubes too !)

Thanks to krischan, here is something to remember:
Also, don't store valuable items on accounts given by others, they might have given it to you to perform password recovery later and steal your items.
Explanation for low clvl char imbueing diadems (not any circlet, only diadem):
Certain items have a high quality level associated to them, when this occurs it is possible to attain higher level affixes. An example of this is the Diadem with a quality level of 85. In this case, you can receive higher level affixes even if you are at a low character level."
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/gambling.shtml

DarthLeader