Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guide to playing in Windows

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aoaa, Jun 9, 2008.

1. aoaa

aoaa IncGamers Member

Guide to playing in Windows

I had a little bit of trouble with this at first, due to my lack of skills with a computer, lol. If this allready exists, please close it. (I didn't see one.)

Before I played on Windows Mode (Pretty much a smaller screen), I asked around how to do it. A few people told me you had to have D2Loader to do this. Finallay someone told me to try it without Loader to see if it would work. It's pretty simple after you've done it once. Just to do this:

1.) Right-click on your Diablo2 Lord of Destruction Shortcut. (Has baal's face for an icon, and the words "Diablo II-Lord of Destruction" under the icon.
    2.) Click on "Properties" to the far bottom.
    3.) Click on "Find Target...".
    4.) Right-click on the "Diablo II" icon.
    5.) Click "Creat Shortcut"
    6.) Find and right click your new Diablo II-Lord of Destruction shortcut. It will be in the same place as your targets for your original shortcut.
    7.) Click on "Properties" to the far bottom.
    8.) Find "target" with the words ""C: \Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" in the space next to it. At the end of the end quote, type: -w (dont forget to add a space between the "-w" and the end quote.
    9.) Move your new Shortcut to your computer home page, and delete the old one if you need to.

Now everytime you put your CD in, make sure to double click the new shortcut before the CD auto brings up the original D2 enter screen. If not, you won't run the game in windows mode.

Hope it helps, Josh.