Guess who got their license!!

Guess who got their license!!

Yep at 2:20 I went to take my driving test and I passed with only 6 errors(you are allowed 15). Man was it nerve racking when I was waiting at the dmv. I felt like I was gonna puke :D. Then once I got into the car and started driving with her it all went away and I felt more calm than I have in a long time. Even more than I am right now.

Well thanks everyone who cheered me and and gave advice!

Mystik

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
Yep at 2:20 I went to take my driving test and I passed with only 6 errors(you are allowed 15). Man was it nerve racking when I was waiting at the dmv. I felt like I was gonna puke :D. Then once I got into the car and started driving with her it all went away and I felt more calm than I have in a long time. Even more than I am right now.

Well thanks everyone who cheered me and and gave advice!
Yeesh... where I live, if you make that many mistakes you'll fail. I guess it varies from place to place. Anything illegal is an automatic fail (running a red light, hitting someone, turning on a red light with a no turning on a red light sign, etc) and the rest (forgeting to signal, etc) costs you 4 points. It's out of a 100, and if you get anything less than 70, you fail.

Well congratulations and drive careful. I remember doing my road test... I had one of the harder testers too. Just my luck that the weather was very crappy as well.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Congratulations!

So tell me, how many old ladies did you hit, and how much did it cost to pay off the instructor for passing you? :D

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
I did nothing wrong because I am flawless, so I dont know my own areas rules. However this one place that my buddy is from, apparently they only have to drive around the block and parallel park. Parallel parking in this town means parking so your car is level with the road, and not halfway up a snowbank.

Congrats, I was pretty excited when I got my license too, and where I live you can't make any big mistakes or instant fail. Your lucky lol :xx:

If you did any of these: Intervention by examiner, strike object/curb, disobey traffic signal or sign,disobey safety personnel/safety vehicles, dangerous maneuver, speed, auxilary equipment use(what does this mean?) or lane violation; thats an automatic failure.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
My test was at 8am one morning and I almost slept throught it and i was so tired when i got behind the wheel and the first thing he told me to do was turn right and i turned left :lol: He said he wouldn't have failed me if everything else I did wasn't utterly 1337. pWn4g3 was mine during the driving test.

Canadia142 said:
auxilary equipment use(what does this mean?)
If I had to guess, it's probably a catch-all to snag radar detectors/jammers, those little gizmos that used to remotely change a stop light for you, and similar gear that may or may not be invented yet.

It might be for different types of setups for people that physically can't drive a normal car, but that seems a little harsh unless they're blind or something.

faultless wonderboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
I did nothing wrong because I am flawless, so I dont know my own areas rules. However this one place that my buddy is from, apparently they only have to drive around the block and parallel park. Parallel parking in this town means parking so your car is level with the road, and not halfway up a snowbank.
No, I am faultless, you are Geeno. Read the name.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Fun Driving facts, taken from a chart in my crinimal justice book (1998 stats):

Men statistically get in more wrecks, but they are statistically better drivers.

Percent of drivers on the road:
M: 77%
F: 23%

Number of accidents involving male drivers:
63%

yeah..... thats what i thought.

23% of the driving population is causing 47% of the accidents.

percent of male teenagers who have to retake their certification exam at least once:
15%

Female teenagers:
53%

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
Fun Driving facts, taken from a chart in my crinimal justice book (1998 stats):

Men statistically get in more wrecks, but they are statistically better drivers.

Percent of drivers on the road:
M: 77%
F: 23%

Number of accidents involving male drivers:
53%

yeah..... thats what i thought.

23% of the driving population is causing 47% of the accidents.

percent of male teenagers who have to retake their certification exam at least once:
15%

Female teenagers:
53%

EDIT: The accident stat was typo'ed

Oberammergau

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats man! I remember when I got my first car. I ended up having to fill up the tank 3 days consecutively because I drove it prctically all day :D.

My car likes gas