Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian YiffForFood (Wolfbarb).

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by naranjadita, Oct 4, 2010.

1. naranjadita

naranjadita Diabloii.Net Member

Guardian YiffForFood (Wolfbarb).

Guardian YiffForFood, who once got tired of singing and became a wolf.

At last I finished this character!

The story began some months ago(april? may?.. don't really remember), when my druid got a couple of new shiny Wolfhowls (the second one went to Fed, so he's going to post a Pat thread, too :D). I thought, 'Hey! Now the respec option is available, I can try a Wolfbarb, and I won't have to grind through the game with no active battle skills!'
    At that moment I had a singer in process, so I even didn't have to create a new character and level him from scratch.

YiffForFood, lvl 92 barbarian.
    Hardcore, 1.13, RWM

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/566/yiffforfood.jpg

-=Part One. A Caster With Two Etherial Two-handed Swords=-

What barbarian build is the easiest and the safest? The answer is obvious: a singer. Combine 4k life with mass stun and 105 FCR! Slap on two Spirits (both in eth Claymores, ofc), Skin of the Vipermagi and rare amulet with FCR and GO!
    The trip was extremely easy and quick once I got a motivation (Wolfhowl). I made a serious mistake though: I have fallen under the assumption that 1.13 will flood me with a heavy rain of high runes. So I expected to have the endgame equipment by.. well.. by the end of the game :D If I only knew how wrong I had been back then...

-=Part Two. The Path of a Treasure Hunter=-

Instead, I had to spend a crapload of hours running Travincal, countess, cows, Flayer's Jungle, Lower Kurast and many other places with several characters.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4308

I made an eOath Highland Blade and a Lawbringer PB and respec'd the singer to a Frenzy barbarian. The plan was to run Arcane Sanctuary for runes. No good: the Ghosts were constantly getting knocked back from the "bridges" with Sanctuary's pulses.

I got tired of waiting and made a wolf with the eOath mentioned above. It was a descent weapon: good damage and 6fpa resulted in nice DPS. But I wanted more than that.

A few high runes... err.. weeks later, I was finally able to cube a Lo.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4305

Can you imagine how my hands were shaking when I was making a Grief PB? However the roll was almost as good as I wanted (it threw a wolfbarb from 6 fpa to 5 fpa, but a werebear paladin, for instance, will still have 6 fpa with this weapon: +396 dmg, 38% IAS).
    Two Vexes to make 2 HotOs were relatively quick.
    It took much longer to make a Forti, but (to make a VERY long story short) I cubed another Lo about a week ago.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4309)

-=Part Three. Fur Brushing Time!=-

The priorities on my wolfbarb were quite clear for me - maximize Defence and Life for some beautiful LCS numbers (speaking of which: Lying Character Screen is Lying! According to my numbers, Feral Rage deals ~4.5k - 4.6k with Venom and Might active) while maintaining descent killing speed and 5 fpa:D

I've gambled for a 25 res Mara (http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4306); I've Upped the String of Ears (and changed it for a TGV at lvl 91); I've put an Emerald into my helmet so that I could devote more points into vita; I have collected a crapload of 18-20 life Small Charms.
    And after almost 5 months... Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to introduce Guardian YiffForFood, the Wolf Barbarian!

The second weapon choice is quite obvious: it's cheap, it's an ultimate weapon against the Undead. and it has a beautiful aura on it ^_^

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4307

This character is my favourite so far. He kills Baal's minions, councils, anything at usual MF lvl85 areas at p7-p8 with little to no problems. The only time I saw his lifebulb going down really fast was the battle against two /p8 bosspacks of infidels (amplify, fanat, might). However I still managed to run away instead of S&E.

Among good finds are:
    - lit facet
    - Trang-Oul's canned head
    - Taebek's Glory
    - +26 max dmg jewel
    - Griswold's shield
    - many more I won't even try to remember.

This character is fun, and I will continue playing him.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Fed

Fed Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Guardian YiffForFood (Wolfbarb).

Grats on the Guardian! :thumbup:

AWOOOOOOOOOOO - WOO - WOO - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:whistling:

That is all. :coffee:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  3. Arkardo

Arkardo Diabloii.Net Member

Wolfbars 'r awesome.

Say, does the SMRIP from Lawbringer carry over to your other weapon? If not, I'd say Azurewrath is superior, if you happen to have one.

How would you say this character does damage-wise? I can't imagine such a level 8 Feral Rage doing that much damage. Then again, you have Grief/Forty...

That's a great method to display your character stats. Did it take you a lot of time to copy/paste all that?

EDIT: oh, and he is a guardian too? Double awesome.

4. nebux

nebux Diabloii.Net Member

gg on your pat, you actually swing at 7 fpa

5. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the Guardian!

What's that T in your inventory on the runes screenshot?

6. naranjadita

naranjadita Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for feedback, guys. I really appreciate this kind of attention :D

[​IMG]

Oh, it's a Token of something (don't really remember). It's obtained from cubing the Essenses of Hatred, Terror, Destruction and Suffering. The token is used to reset skills and attributes.

No, it doesn't. And I'd agree that AW is better, but I don't have one, unfortunately.

Add here "ignore phys resistance of undeads" and "~520% additional off-weapon ED to demons". In other words, I'm quite happy with the damage.

About half an hour.

Indeed :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. humbuggerer

humbuggerer Diabloii.Net Member

I like your format, it really tells the story of the character.:thumbup:

And that last screenshot was pretty sweet.

Nice going on the guardian.

8. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

Well done. And the pics are very good too as they give a good feel for ur awesome char. Keep it up!