Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian TravMaster: WW Barb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DaveW, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

Guardian TravMaster: WW Barb

Corny name I know but he's a Guardian and that's what matters the most. I'm quite relieved as I have lost 3 Conquerors in the last 2 months. And I'm proud that the char is melee based. (No IM in 1.13 but the game is still scary when you go toe to toe with the enemy).

Here's the lowdown:
    Mercenary Items (ACT 2 HF)
    One NDE in CS against Lord De Seis. I got mana burned which I'm used to but I must have also been amped coz my life bulb took a real dive in a sec. S&E ftw.
    Hell Ancients was a very long and drawn out affair. I re-rolled until none were cursed. Even then the merc bit the dust before the first Ancient was downed. However Twirler and Throwy guy went down pretty easily with the wand of Life Tap, taking them on at the same time, with the third separated in the corner. But Leaper guy (Korlic) was CI and Stone Skin and took forever. I ran out of potions so I had to hide and wait for my life bulb to regen. My mana bulb came back pretty fast (given it holds less than my red bulb) but my life bulb takes a long time to fill up. I whittled away at him tho. If you time it right, he will leap and then when he lands, perform a hit and run whirl. Rinse and repeat.

WSK, waves and Baal went down pretty fast. Overall a good char and one I'm glad to have finished. As for running the Trav Council, I dont know. They are scary and I'm not happy with the damage of the Lightsabres. If I had a big hurty weapon and better armour I might. Thanks for reading.:alright:

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Guardian TravMaster: WW Barb

Nice character!

This write-up is a little sparse....;) What were his skills? Any good drops?

I think you could probably run trav on /p1 without too much danger, especially if you have a reaper's toll for the merc (and switch to might). Then again, I don't play hc, so what do I know?

If you're lucky, you'll get some runes within a hundred runs or so, and you can make some better weapons.

3. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

I hear you on being proud of a Guardian Melee character. Props!! Just Guardian'd my barb the other day, he ran with IK gear the whole way through. Now he's suited with arreats(40ed jewel)/LoH/Upped Duriel's/Grief/SS/Gore Riders/String of Ears/Highlords/ravenfrost

I'm sure you'll be able to do Trav on p1 like snickersnack said. It shouldn't be too hard. Although, even with my updated gear, I only do trav on p3. Before with IK set I could only do pits on p3, but now I can do pits p7 w/o even thinking about it. Test him out in different areas on steadily higher difficulties, but be sure to have practiced s/e ; )

4. DaveW

Skill placement:
    WW 20
    Sword Mastery 20
    Battle Cry 20
    and random placements in others. I wanted to max Find Item but in Hell I decided to get some Natural Resists, Leap and other things I thought would help survivabilty. I may respec if I do decide to run the Council.
    A couple of things came to mind when playing TravMaster. Repair costs are incredible if your weapons are not indestructible. I used a lot of different stuff (Bloodletter, ShadowFangs) but opted on the LightSabres because of their Indestructability. They kick *** in NM and early Hell but start slowing down around Act 4 on.
    And secondly, this game is so geared towards casters, even with IM removed. Having an awesome melee char means a corresponding investment in dex. And even then, you just have a chance to hit, not a certainty.

As for drops, nothing of note. I did get alot of good lower rune drops while questing (Shaels, Amns, Sols and Hels) More than usual which was interesting.
    I want to complete a Sept. Just Druid and Pally to go, 2 classes I have never played b4.

5. sylecn

sylecn Diabloii.Net Member

Does that 20 pts Battle Cry work well?
    For a WW barb, I think the range of Battle Cry is too small.

And you didn't mention BO? What's you level of BO?

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Nice one DaveW. :thumbsup:

7. DaveW

My bad, 20 pts in BO. :action-smiley-061:
    I'm a melee noob to da max.