Guardian Skunkerella

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Guardian Skunkerella

Skunkerella, my Frozen Orb / Fire Ball sorceress, just became Guardian #4 in my quest to get Guardians in all seven classes.

Taking her up against the Ancients filled me with dread, since she’s my main magic-finder. But my fears were unwarranted… my first roll for the Three Bullies was brilliant… no FE, no Cursed, no bad Auras, and no fire/cold immune combinations. They ignored my merc, which was irritating, but otherwise they went down pretty easily. The Keep was only difficult on level 2, which was populated with Gloams. But the Throne was awful… OK’s and gloams. No dolls, at least.

The Minions were also fairly easy, though the Venom Lord pack killed off my merc a couple of times. Baal died almost instantly (static + kelpie… yum), and dropped nothing of interest.

Stats are below. Most of the gear was self-found from NM and Hell Meph, with the notable exception of the Shako.

Now for the last three… my pally (stalled in the Durance), my barb (just croaked to the FE bug, gotta start over), and my druid (still in act 3 NM, after my first attempt died to FE Bremm Sparkfist).

Character name : Skunkerella
Character type : Hardcore Sorceress
Character level : 87
Character exp : 1310680026

Strength : 69 (71)
Energy : 55 (95)
Dexterity : 121 (124)
Vitality : 280 (282)

Life : 999 / 726
Mana : 589 / 247

Gear:

Wraith Beads
Amulet
+1 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +14%
Cold Resist +14%
Poison Resist +14%
8% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Nightsmoke
Mesh Belt
Defense: 67
+20 to Mana
+47% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +10
Required Level +5
50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
All Resistances +31
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Skull Finger
Ring
Required Level: 23
+11 to Energy
+104 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +18%
Cold Resist +20%
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 3 Charged Bolt (27/27 Charges)

Order Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 24
Fire Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +26%
2% Mana stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 1 Ice Blast (22/22 Charges)

Soul Brogues
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 47
+18% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +8%
68% Extra Gold from Monsters
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 136
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
All Resistances +15
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+130 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+130 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 25
+28% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%
+10 Defense
Adds 1-6 fire damage
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Fire Skills

Eschuta's Temper
Eldritch Orb
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 50
Durability: 30 of 30
+27 to Energy
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
40% Faster Cast Rate
+16% to Fire Skill Damage
+16% to Lightning Skill Damage

Rhyme
Grim Shield
'ShaelEth'
Defense: 111
Chance to Block: 60%
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 29
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +25
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Faster Block Rate
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (2: 2 used)

On Switch: Gull Dagger, Rhyme bone shield

Mercenary Items: Shaftstop, Vampire Gaze, Kelpie Snare

Charms: 32%/15% Gheed’s, various life/mana charms, a couple resist charms, and several 5-6% MF charms.

Congratulations man, HC rocks. Nothing compare to the constant feeling of losing your entire work on that character :D
BTW... the FE bug is: a fire enchanted monster does a lot more fire damage than it should when he hits? Or it does a lot more damage in the explosion when he dies? I lost my meele sorceress to a explosion of a dam FE creep this week. She was in NM and had 580+ of life when the monster died and took her with him. :(

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
nice work on the guardian. that deserves a :drink:

@Aoshi: theres a guide on the FE bug in the FAQS, go check it out :thumbsup:

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Aoshi Shinomori II said:
BTW... the FE bug is: a fire enchanted monster does a lot more fire damage than it should when he hits? Or it does a lot more damage in the explosion when he dies? :(
None of that. The death explosion from high-life bosses is supposed to be lethal. That´s not a bug. The FE bug is when this damage is applied before the monster is dead. It is not yet confirmend if any FE boss has the potential to do this (my S/U Worshipper Guardian run suggests that "regular" FE bosses are only dangerous when they die), but we do know that the following is very dangerous to stand in explosion blast radius of:

* FE + LE bosses (as well as all FE beetle bosses and their minions). The sparks seem to carry the death explosion damage, if you stand close to them.

* FE mummies (Dried Corpses etc.). The minions of an FE boss has the death explosion damage carried by the posion cloud, even if you stand still and don´t get poisoned. But (non-LE) mummies are manageable, they are only dangerous when the die.

* An FE Ancient will pulsate the FE explosion damage often, no matter what he is doing (especially if he starts an attack animation). Since they have so much life, they are always lethal in Hell and for most characters in NM too.

* FE shambling undead bosses (like Pindleskin) will, if they try to rise again (but it can´t, since it´s a boss and the game instantly "kills" it again), deal their FE explosion damage. Without the graphics.

EDIT: Sorry for the highjack. Congrats to the Guardian! That´s always an achievement.

isengart

Diabloii.Net Member
congrats on the guardian! I had troubles with the ancients on my meteorb in SC, you must have been really lucky there...

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on the Guardian...that's really cool. I recently defeated The Ancients with my Meteorb and it only took 5 rerolls to get a manageable configuration.