Guardian Shiva!

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Guardian Shiva!

I finally have accomplished the goal. An untwinked guardian playing vanilla D2. Considering I've been playing since D2 came out 5 years ago, it's about friggin' time.

First a little backstory. I started my Guardian quest in ernest in 1.09. I got 2 sorceresses to nm nihlathak. He punked them both. I also participated in a Kasferatu no vitality tournament with a Paladin. I got him to half through act 2 in hell. He didn't die, my comp crashed like a crazy monkey and he was lost. I've also had a lot of other HC characters that I bored of or didn't make it out of normal.

Here is the thread where I began my project oh so long ago.
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=242154

So, time to introduce Guardian Shiva!

Her Stats
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload1/Screenshot20.jpg

Her Skills

Warmth 1 (5)
telekinesis 1 (5)
Teleport 1 (5)
Static Field 5 (9)
Frost Nova 1 (8)
Blizzard 20(27)
Ice Bolt 20(27)
Ice Blast 20(27)
Glacial Spike 17(24)
Cold Mastery10(18)

Her Gear
Nightwing's Veil (Um)
Crafted ammy +1 sorc, 17 AllRes, 36 life, 14 mana, 6% FCR
21% skin of the vipermagi
rare +2 cold skills,+1 cold mast, 14 eng, 15 life jared stone
3 pdiamond Dragon shield
sander's gloves
13% LR, 20% FR, other crap mesh belt
20% FRW, 20% MF, 29% LR, 21% PR light plated boots
25% nagelring
rare +10 CR, 10PR, 29LR, 27 FR, 8 eng, 1 str, 5 min damage ring
assorted life charms, some FHR some mf and a +1 cold skiller with 20 life

Zanarhi, defiance merc
crescent moon ogre axe
1103 def wire fleece
TRHC (Pamythyst)

She had 2 near deaths, one was the ancient tunnels from a FE embalmed minion. They are nasty! The other was an exploding doll in act 3. Act 3 was definetly the most painful act. The ancients were fairly easy no rerolls, first time only 1 CI (Korlic) who was also the only FE. The other mods will moderatly dangerous were doable. Baal drop was crap. Hellforge was a Gul. Nightmare hellforge was an Um. She found another Um in the jail in act of hell. She found the Nightwing's veil on an anceints tunnel run. I also picked up an ondal's almighty and an SS.

Next up for me HC wise is either my poison necro or my bow/venom assy. As for this character, to the Tunnels. She has a lot of long hours ahead of her. :)

Woot!

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Great job TD :clap: You've worked a long time for this moment, and deserve to feel very proud!

You do have some nice gear for untwinked - great find on that armor. :thumbsup: And getting CM for your merc is sweet - gg Hellforge. :)

Looks like you went with fairly low blocking (dragon shield). Where did you put your stats, and how much life did she have w/charms?

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
You do have some nice gear for untwinked - great find on that armor. :thumbsup: And getting CM for your merc is sweet - gg Hellforge. :)

Looks like you went with fairly low blocking (dragon shield). Where did you put your stats, and how much life did she have w/charms?
I picked up the Skin while leveling in NM wsk. Once I got to the Ancient Tunnels, I probably did 40 players 3 runs there and on the second one is where I picked up the Nightwing's veil. I was looking for a 3 socketed elite polearm, but I'll take it.

I had about 917 life after charms, I put 96 points into strength so I could equip the veil without any other equipment. I probably put a few too many points in energy i think about 110. But with HC, there was no guarantee I was going to get any decent plus to mana equipment, and at 49 mana a pop I needed a little something. All the rest was dumped in vitality. No points in dexterity. I don't regret that decision either. It was almost never an issue. The fact that I only had 12% FHR was more of a problem.

CrazyChihuahua

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Guardian! And untwinked too!

Like what was already said, that is pretty good gear for an untwinked char. Good luck with the rest of your HC endeavors!

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
TalkingDonkey said:
Next up for me HC wise is either my poison necro or my bow/venom assy. As for this character, to the Tunnels. She has a lot of long hours ahead of her. :)

Woot!
bow/venom pvm sin? i dont suppose you would care to share your ideas on the build/tactics for this? im curious :)

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
bow/venom pvm sin? i dont suppose you would care to share your ideas on the build/tactics for this? im curious :)
Edit: I'm an idiot...my actual build is 20 venom, 20 Cloak of Shadows, 20 lightning Sentry, 20 Death sentry. No shadow master. I'm actually making a Venombowsin/trapper.

As for tactics, Venom + CoS = good. In heavy poison immune areas, I use a lot of CoS. I actually don't think it will be all that difficult until hell. Finding some Open wounds would be a major plus. Plus lightning traps

As for item finding, venom should be good enough to find decent items in late nightmare. I'll need some experimenting to find out. I'll also be using a blessed aim merc.

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
TalkingDonkey said:
Edit: I'm an idiot...my actual build is 20 venom, 20 Cloak of Shadows, 20 lightning Sentry, 20 Death sentry. No shadow master. I'm actually making a Venombowsin/trapper.

As for tactics, Venom + CoS = good. In heavy poison immune areas, I use a lot of CoS. I actually don't think it will be all that difficult until hell. Finding some Open wounds would be a major plus. Plus lightning traps

As for item finding, venom should be good enough to find decent items in late nightmare. I'll need some experimenting to find out. I'll also be using a blessed aim merc.
interesting.

wouldnt 20 in CoS be bad, though? the duration would just be so long and you cant cast another CoS until the original expires, correct?