Guardian No 11 - Leitha the BF Sin

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Guardian No 11 - Leitha the BF Sin

Hello SPF!

Introducing my first Guardian in over a year, and my eleventh in total, Leitha the BF Sin :jig:

This one was an absolute blast to play, she was very fun and has everything a HC character needs to survive. Needless to say, she's a little bit twinked, but it has been a nice change of pace after playing with my Barb in the Ancients Tournament.

She was exceptionally safe, she has just over 1k life but was never really threatened, and only had to use 1 big purple for the whole of Hell on herself (the merc on the other hand, was a different story....)

I've seen a lot of bad reviews of the Shadow Master, but to me, she was invaluable. An extra tank is always helpful, but one who throws down Death Sentries and converts enemies for you is awesome. Admitted, the conversions can be badly timed and slow you down on occasion, but on the whole, a couple of enemies at the front of a pack turning to fight their own and absorbing all their damage is a great help.

I had one problem in Hell, and that was the Ancients, it took me a long while to gain control of them, I had to keep switching my weapons to make them target my merc and draw them away from each other. I eventually brought down Madawc without too much trouble, and Talic pretty much ignored me but Korlic was a pain in the ***. I stupidly ran into the bottom right corner and he jumped at me and blocked me into the corner. I had to tank him for about a minute while my merc poked away at him, it wouldn't have been too bad but he was FE and I was concerned he would get me with his death explosion. Thankfully, it wasn't NM and he died with a bit of a whimper leaving me to stroll through the rest of the game.

Anyways, on to the stats:

Damage with might and venom: 1281 - 1849
Damage without might and venom: 1028 - 1429

Str: 189 (91)
Dex: 182 (151)
Vit: 248 (228)
Erg: 35 (25)

Life: 1067
Mana: 201

Res 75/75/75/48 with fade, 55/51/73/-12 without

Skills: 20 BF, Venom and Shadow Master, 9 Fade (for 15 on switch), 9 Death Sentry (rest of points here) and 1 in Mind Blast + all pre-reqs.

Gear:

Eth Small Crescent 'Crescent Moon' 210ed / Stormshield PTopaz
2 x 3 Shadow Claws on switch
Guillaumes Helm - 36ed 13 life jewel
Lionheart Dusk Shroud
LoH
IK Belt
Goreriders
Ravenfrost 15 Dex
Storm Grip Ring 4ml 8all res +useless mods
Doom Eye Amulet 5ll 19 all res 5mf +useless mods
Charms: Crap I picked up on the way, mainly AR and minor elemental damage

Merc: Tals Mask, Eth Bugged Duress Dusk Shroud, Insight Thresher and a Kelpie Snare in the stash for bosses.

Hellforges: Pul in NM and Lem in Hell.

Best finds: Jade Talon in the Pits, Oculus in the Maggot Lair. Highest non-HF rune was a Shael....

Anyways, I've rambled enough, I will post some screenies tomorrow probably, need to be up in 4 hours to go to work :rant:

Thanks for reading!
Milb

Last edited:

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Guardian No 11 - Leitha the BF Sin

Big congrats Milb :thumbup:

She seem to be very fun character to play, so i want to try her - once :rolleyes:Hmm, maby next Year, i need to finish three or four other characters first...

Again congrats and good luck with Your barb in Ancients tourney :thumbup:

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice guardian! I definitely plan on making me one of these,

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member

Why 20 in BF? IMO, those points are better spent maxing out Fade and DS. Also, what was your AR like?

EDIT: Congratulations! I want to make one someday, maybe with a Fleshripper.

LD50

Diabloii.Net Member

Grats on the Guardian!

I still don't think I'd have any chance in hardcore, but maybe someday..

bladejj

Diabloii.Net Member

Why 20 in BF? IMO, those points are better spent maxing out Fade and DS.
I was also thinking this as well. I never saw any practical point to pointing more than 1 point in BF.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member

20 points in BF just make that skill weaker, no clue why he put them there, but it doesn't matter he made guardian with the character.

very much congrats on the well played assassin.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the grats.

About the 20 points in BF, I'm not sure why really, I started this character over a year ago and when I found her last weekend she already had 15 points in it so I just went along and maxed it. To be fair, the only place which would benefit from the points would be DS, fade would be useless as with 15 points it gives 15%DR which added with SS maxes that particular stat. To be honest, I'm glad I didn't max DS as I already have a trapper and it would have been just like playing her again. Also, the BF adds around 100 damage, which doesn't sound much but it is around 10% extra physical damage, which isn't too bad. I know it is not usual to spend 20 points there but I do not regret it.

As for the AR, I'm not sure on the figure as it doesn't show but it wasn't high. The ITD on Crescent Moon helps with regular monsters, and also in a way against uniques/champions. My tactic was to kill the monsters around the unique, which in turn triggers Static Field, and by the time I get to the unique he normally has 50-75% health left which can then be easily finished by one or two corpse explosions and the merc. When directly attacking the champions I think I was hitting around 50% of the time, probably less against Diablo/Ancients/Baal.