Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian Margaria - a Runewordophobic Trapsin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by drmalawi, Feb 28, 2018.

1. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Margaria, Assassin.
    Finished at level 83.
    Hardcore, untwinked, extended GoMule stash, no runewords allowed!

Skills:
    Fade 2 (5)
    Shadow master 7 (10)
    Mind blast 1 (4)
    Fire blast 19 (26)
    Charged bolt sentry 18 (25)
    Lightning sentry 20 (27)
    Death sentry 20 (27)

Stats:
    Strength 89
    Dexterity 57
    Vitality 350
    Energy 25
    Life 1502
    Mana 261
    FHR 38%
    FR/W 47%
    MF 0%

Resistances (w/o Fade):
    Fire 61
    Cold -13
    Lightning 57
    Poision -41
    (we never did Hell Anya quest, she can stay there in the frozen river with all them Burning souls and snakes...)

Gear:
    Great helm with 2 Psapphires (for mana)
    Dusk shround with 2 Ort, 1 Ral, 1 Shael
    Magic plated belt with 80 life 23% cold res
    Nat's boots
    Lava gout gloves
    Rare rings with life, mana and some resistances
    Amulet with +3 trap skills
    Claws with +2 assassin skills and the other one with +2 trap skills (both were socketed with resistances jewels)

Charms with life and resistances, one Shadow mastery skiller GC

Switch: Lower res wand and Weaken wand.

Mercenery:
    Act II Holy Freeze
    Circlet with 8% life leech and 30 life
    Rare armor with 44% FHR and some lightning and fire res (socketed with Shael)

Weapon was great (not)! Superior Ethereal 5 Socketed Cryptic axe!!! Amn, shaels and a 30% ED jewel went into this one since I did not make any runewords!!!

Very funny char to play untwinked and without runewords, challenging but the Assassin has many tricks up her sleeve to deal with basically anything. I do prefer the kick/trapsin hybrid since I like to get into the fray.

Some close calls, I almost got stuck in a corner with a boss group of death lords in WSK level 3.

The ancients took me 8 rolls to get one where Madwc was not lightning enchanted and thus could have his lightning immunity broken with lower resist charges. Also we looked out for avoidin cursed, might and/or conviction aswell.

Noteable finds: The merc weapon was awesome, perfect base for honor or obedience, why did I make this stupid rule of doing no runewords?!?! Um from nightmare hellforge, Pul from Hell hellforge (did not use them), Nat's boots and armor (why do the set not include partial bonuses?!), bought a jewelrs full plate mail of the whale (4 socks, 85 life).

Level up: as a Wake of Fire trapsin until nightmare Act IV. It took me a while to get used of having to kill stuff with fire blast since my merc was ... not so strong ... in particular Travincal and Chaos sanctuary was really challenging for me! Not the storm casters, but the venom lords with their high base lightning damage and life. For gaining levels, rejuvs and gold, we did a few (like 40) ancient tunnel runs. This was also good practice area for using fire blast on the skeleton mages there.

I made a YT diary for her aswell:

Next HC project will be a Holy Bolt / blessed hammer Paladin, untwinked, and he will only use items that are "locally produced" (bought at vendors, gambled, crafted and quest rewards). HIPSTERDIN it is! Charms and socketable items are allowed though :)

Thank you for reading! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    PhineasB, Albatross, Zyr and 8 others like this.
  2. drmalawi

Poor merc, he would have had a much more pleasant time with Honor or Obedience :(

Attached Files:

3. RIP

RIP Diabloii.Net Member

Nice, congratulations ;)

I have funny comment too, merc of my (to be :)) lvl 99 Trapsin is using even worse weapon, despite the fact that it is RW...Insight Bill was not designed for A3 + A4 Hell, i guess :D...Instantly all the time dead poor boy :D

GL with next ones ;)

drmalawi likes this.
  4. drmalawi

I guess you have the runes for Infinity but no suitable base? :p My friend did his Infinity in Scythe since he had no patience left of finding an elite eth polearm :p

My next assassin char will be a continuation of my assassin in the TC3 item hunt tourney. She will be Kick/Trap hybrid with Kingslayer :)

5. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Cool one. Congrats !!!

And good luck with the next character.

6. NamelessPenguin

NamelessPenguin Diabloii.Net Member

Great read, makes me really wanna try HC. Fun idea with your next project, the locally grown organic items.

7. TedDeeBoy

TedDeeBoy Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats. What Margaria's future? Any plans?

8. drmalawi

I was thinking about abandoning the "no runeword" rule, make obedience for merc, and perhaps also stone armor for him (found some eth elite armors to Ebug) and also smoke for the Assassin. She has actually deserved some OP runewords at this point :) Otherwise she will retire

Zyr likes this.
  9. drmalawi

If that project is succesful, I will try to push myself to do a HC sept where no runewords are allowed, Barb is gonna be tricky but doable :)

Caralis likes this.
  10. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

"Logophobic" would have been a good name for her. Apparently that is someone afraid of words...

Cool challenge. Trap assassins are solid characters. Too bad you had the amazing weapon base but an irrational fear of words! Congrats on the guardian.

Zyr, Albatross and drmalawi like this.
  11. Caralis

Caralis Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the guardian mala, I've been busy killing my sorcs so I didn't reply. Nice challenge playing without really powerful stuff like leaf and stealth. When I finish my projects I will give it a try, really challenging way to play.

btw you will suffer with barb till lvl 17, at that lvl you unlock tals and you can use 3s flail for masive poison damage. Then you can farm eldritch and switch to singer

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  12. drmalawi

Thanks!

Never a singer, never! :D