Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian for a wolf druid ?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Stosh the Overseer, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

Guardian for a wolf druid ?

Hi
    I was just thinking of this thing of making a wolf druid wearing guardian angel, as i'll hav a ravenfrost, thundergod belt and could ad a dwarf star to this (replacing a soj), it would make me invincible to most elemental damage and also leeching from it.

I'll be trying this tonight when hav uped enough, I don't think i'll really need so much resists, also they're the only useful mods, but I feel like checking on it.

Thanks for giving me some advices

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

you will still talke alot of damage in hell

thundergods cant absorb for shizz cuz its not a % and overall, your absorb will be VERY low

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah the damages are so high that it might not do all that much in the end.

And besides, the best defense is a good offense. Guardian Angel won't help you kill anything/anyone...

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

could use a lightsabre

5. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

With max resists you should be pretty good to go.

6. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

i think it's the physical damage that'll do most of the hurtin ...

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

er well, if 95% lightning resists plus 20 absorb, he wont be getting hurt by lightning, thats a given. If he takes any noticeable damage still, blackhorns would fix it, but then suffers for not having a shako or jalal's on. dwarf star, raven, shako helm and stormshield with an Um in it, pally armour with um, and im guessing something like firemouth gauntlets. boots, you can god simple waterwalks for some 5% fire max, rising sun or mara's. this works all very well, the problem with the gloams though is that they deal combination damage, but if you hit above 40% dr and have a lot in lycanthropy, it really shouldnt bother you. I have non shifted druids who do not use a spirit living fine fighting them, a build such as this would have no problem at all. the pally armour makes you block like a fiend as well. (not sure if you can block some of the gloam physical or not)

I personally for such a uber negating build would put a ber in the shield and a Shael in a Jalal's. fhr will allow you to get out of the gloam's blast faster and the ber gives you 43% dr, taking care of dr needs.

but the best part about such builds is that no one can figure out what youre wearing and you look bad *** going in for melee when everyone is dying at ranged. ;)

id say youd have to BOTD with a high LL roll to make this build completely pimp. (no other LL sources if you go with hellmouth's, the 15 fire absorb really does a whole lot despite what people may say)

8. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

Great help people, thx
    Wanted to ad some things ... for a discuss on whole build:D

It'll be a max feral, fury, oak, build so 'ill hav some life and huge life leech for hard melee.
    Probably a holly freez merc (better ideas?)
    rest of equip is jalal, mara, botd in ogre axe, gore boots,wat I said before ...

My doubts ... original plan was bloodfist gloves, shael in jalal, grand and small fhr charm will give me last "possible" breakpoint; with dwarf star. I could replace em by hellforge and soj ... free place in jalal and only one fhr frame lost (3->4) ... last idea was souldrainers for mana leech
    Also i didn't even think of making use of these nice other mods of guardian (good :idea: )... The hardest point is should I use light saber// baranar (shael of course) and storm (shael too i guess...my damn favourite one!), this way i'll gain no attack speed but, but max (very fast) block, bad point is byebye godly damage from botd and being stopped all the time in my 5hit/second fury ...
    I'm doubting even more now
    Anyway all of this will be tested in hell by tomorow early morning ... All your help is welcomed (before i waste all my dex plizzz :lol: )

9. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

i would check out the sticky on FBR/FHR/IAS on were forms above this. I believe you will not go past the next fbr point with a shael since you have it on the armour.

just check it out.