Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian Angel-Worth?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by tl998, Feb 3, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

Guardian Angel-Worth?

I have a hammerdin (like everyone else lol) and he's in nightmare happily doing baal runs. I noticed that ever since he started using TGods he had a lot less trouble in the WorldStone Keep. The difference between 75 resist and 85 resist+some absorb is huge! Black souls give me life now instead of hurting me. I've realized the important of elemental resists now, and I am on a mission to make my pally immune to elemental damage (or nearly so). For that, I do want a guardian angel. I looked in the trade forum, but could not find exactly how much a GA is worth. Can someone help me out here on about how much I'd need to offer to get one? I really want one, and so far hell andy and meph have been un-generous to me. All I found today was a Tal's Mask, Gloom Trap, Blood Moon, Undead Crown, and Gavel of Pain. Any combination of these things worth a GA at all? :D I also have some spare IK helms.

2. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

It's not very rare or valuable, but I doubt you'll get it with those items.

I'd say GA = ~lem, pul.

So if you were lucky enough at Hellforge, you can probably afford it ;)

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

Not very Valuable? Becuase people don't want them?

4. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

I don't know did I use the right term, English is my 3rd language :)

Anyway this is what I meant: GA is a very useful item but it has not a lot of trade value, because it's quite common find from the act bosses. However, the items you're offering for it aren't useful nor have value at all (except tal's mask).

5. tl998

tl998 Banned

Common huh? My charater must have the 'find no GA' bug then :D

And Glooms trap not useful? Are you kidding? I am using every one of those items on my characters with the except of the Gavel of Pain (which is useless I agree). Sometimes I wonder about the definiton of the word "useful" some people use.

Would you say GA is more common than IK helm?

6. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Its not common at all really.

And how you rate Tal Mask as worthless and GA as common seems pretty funny to me.

I traded GA's for 2 Shakos :), maybe the ppl i trade with are noobs tho :)

7. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

I've found three GA's and I haven't been running bosses much. Yeah, it's an item you can't probably see, even if you run bosses all day long. But it's not that rare - comparing it to the most wanted elite uniques and high runes.

And yes, Tal's mask is a very good option for a poor player, especially for a merc.

8. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Being useful is one thing and being valuable is another. GA, IMO, is the single best armor for a pally. Better than Enigma (You can have teleport on ammy, but not +max resist there. And do pally really need teleport?). However, it is very common and thus people trade it very cheap. I play on HCL east, I once sold my GA for 2x Pul runes and another time sold GA+wizzy for HoZ (I think I got a good deal on this one). I have seen people really beg for it and can get it for about 30-40 pgems.

9. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

One of the millions who just look at the +2 skills and the teleport.

Is it just me or is there 60+ str add on that thing? Anyone for the hella frw? Anyone for the 8% dr? Anyone for the 5% more life?

Yes. GA is nice, but enigma is better.

10. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

WvX your wrong there, it really depends on your needs, to one GA might be better then enigma, to another enigma might be better, on my pvm avenger, i prefer GA, why? because it wont save you from all those nasty elemental damage in hell, while a GA could

11. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

For some cases in PvM [PvM only] GA is better.

I focus on PvP mostly so that's where my thoughts come from.

12. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

wouldnt it help against sorceress's?

13. Megaman123

Megaman123 IncGamers Member

GA > Enigma in pvp too, unless your a hammerdin using the teleport.

Enigma has ~60 str, but don't forget that the increase blocking can save 35+ dex points. So the advantage isn't that great.

45% faster r/w doesn't matter when you use charge to move. Charge always moves at the same speed unless you have vigor on.

+2 skills is nice and but its only a one point advantage on ga

8% dr, and 5% max life nice but you can socket a ga with ber or jah if one those is something you really need.

defense can be high but if your on ladder upgrade you ga and its about the same as enigma

Now enigma doesn't have 15% max resists and faster block rate. Not to mention it cost a million times more.

14. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

You are missing the point.

There is only ONE good mod on a GA and thats the +max resist ... The blocking is pointless to worry about.

Against sorcs I have 75 all resists and I slay any of them any time.

Enigma > GA

15. Megaman123

Megaman123 IncGamers Member

So WvX are you a hammerdin?

And 75% resist will not beat any halfway decent sorc. Thats gives you no margin for error. And what about trappers or templars?

16. tl998

tl998 Banned

For a hammerdin, I'm wearing Que-Hagan's Wisdom currently. Is GA better for me? I am PVM only. And dman it where do people find it all the time? Andy and meph never drop good stuff for me :(

17. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Lol. Man i know how u feel. I used to come to these forums and read about all the sweet stuff that poeple were talking about and go, "how in the heck did they ever manage to get that?" Then i spent 3 months of my summer playing from 11:00pm to 4:00 am every day and i became rich too. Hmm, now that i look back on it, Im not sure it was worth it. Oh well.

Oh, and BTW. I think in technical terms Enigma my be better than GA in a few situations, but GA has Enigma beat 10 times over in style points and i believe in general is much more useful. But then again im one of the few players that believes that any class using teleport besides the sorc is pretty sad and very low class. (especially in dueling).

18. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Uhhh A PvM, avenger should have points into the resist aura's as synergy, getting you great max resist as well.

In my opinion, Guardian angel really only is useful for PvP. Very useful. For PvM, Shaftstop is 100 times better. I'd even take a lionheart or Duriels Shell over it.

GA beat enigma in style points? You can make enigma in any stylish armour you want. But GA makes the pally look like some pregnant lady.

19. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

lol, I see your point, but i was talking about "pally style points" if there is such a thing. Mabey its just me but a upgraded GA soc with a fine high rune to finish off your setup is just about the sexiest armor i can think of for a pally. Not really in visible style points but in the , "wow this armor rules and was made specificlly for this awsome char called a paladin" style points. Does everyone think im crazy or am i making sence.

20. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

i AM a templar so i have stacked resists already... If you go above and beyond the number of resists said on your character screen, you have NO trouble with sorcs. Trappers heal me as do fellow templars [whisp for that - but they do hardly any dmg without whisp]