Guardian 6 of 7 - Willy_Stroker - Bonemancer

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Guardian 6 of 7 - Willy_Stroker - Bonemancer

Well, this character has been in my sig for a while now and I finished him off this morning before work. I have to say, a twinked Bonemancer >>>> most of Hell, seriously, this was almost as easy as the Hammerdin, just not quite as fast. However, compared to the Hammerdin, a Bonemancer is much more fun, Bone Spears flying around everywhere look pretty cool and if a nasty looking melee character is chasing you you can just spam Bone Walls all over the place blocking their path and make them sitting ducks.

I made a Bonemancer back on B.net a while ago, fully decked out minus skillers really, with Enigma, Shako, BK rings, Maras, CTA etc, and he didn't compare to this character, probably because I actually know what I am doing now and am relying on skill rather than 1337 itamz to get me through the game.

The game was rather uneventful throughout really, no exciting finds, no NDEs thanks to having 2 tanks, Bone Walls and an excellent Bone Armor. My best 'find' was a Grand Charm from the Sewers in Act 3 NM, which was the first GC that I found, rolled into a Fungal GC after 3 Pgems, couldn't have asked for a better result :grin:

No monster really challenged me to be honest, had one scary moment in Hell when about to face Bonesaw in the Glacial Trail, about him were Fanatic Pit Vipers and Extra Fast Frenzytaurs. The Frenzytaurs munched through my merc and golem in about 0.5 seconds, which made me run all the way back to the Crystalline Passage with them close on my trail. After a quick regroup and a spamming on Bone Wall, the situation was easily dealt with :smiley:

Ancients were a piece of cake, the Thrower just got Bone Walled in, and with max block and Bone Armor the other two were easily tankable, and they rolled with excellent mods as well for a change so no rerolling needed.

Gloams weren't much of a problem either, thanks to keeping a Wisp Projector in my inventory, which I could replace my SoJ with when necessary.

Anyways, onto the stats:

Guardian Willy_Stroker, RWM/RRM
Level 81
Life 881
Mana 392

Str 60 (65)
Dex 184 (184)
Vit 226 (256)
Ene 25 (65)

Damage:
Bone Spear - 2883 - 3038
Bone Spirit - 2690 - 2883 (rarely used)

Resists: 75/75/75/44

Gear:
Peasant Crown
+3 PnB Amulet
Vipermagi 30/13
White, in a +3 Bone Spear Wand ie +8 Bone Spear
Homonculus PDiamond
Stone of Jordan / Wisp Projector (Depending on the situation)
Nightsmoke Mesh Belt (Don't ask, couldn't find a better replacement :laugh: )
Nat's Boots
Trangs Gloves

Storm Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 13
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xdad52f73
+10 to Maximum Stamina
Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +27%
Lightning Resist +19%
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

Inventory had 1 PnB Skiller, 1 5 Str LC and the rest was filled with assorted life and resistance charms.

Merc (Holy Freeze):
Insight Cryptic Axe
Duriels
Stealskull

(Merc was a bit of a waste of space really, just a walking Meditation aura to save time on collecting pots and going back to town, didn't upgrade his gear from about Act 3 NM)

Skills:
20 Bone Spear / Spirit / Wall / Prison
2 Teeth (rest of points (if any) will go here)
1 in DV, Decrep +prereqs, Clay Golem, Golem Mastery and Summon Resist

On the whole a pretty fun character, if a little bit easy, not sure how he would cope at higher players settings in Hell but he tore through Normal and NM p8 and p1 Hell was pretty easy until Act 5 were the monsters toughen up considerably.

Only a Druid to go now and my HC Sept will be complete :smiley:

Thanks for reading!
Milb

roninDOG

Diabloii.Net Member
Grats on the Guardian! A very difficult task indeed. BTW, do you think a bonemancer could be played through HC untwinked?

-roninDOG

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the grats :smiley:

Grats on the Guardian! A very difficult task indeed. BTW, do you think a bonemancer could be played through HC untwinked?

-roninDOG
Yes, you can get +8 Bonespear very cheaply from buying a 3 Bone Spear wand from Drognan in Act 2 Normal and then running NM Countess for a Io (if you do re-runs that is). You probably don't need more than that to beat the game.

Once you have that I would think it is just a matter of finding resistance items to improve your defences, as physical attacks are easily nullified.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice work milb! Who's going to be #7?
Trying to decide, Fury or Windy probably, I have some nice melee equipment in my stashs which hasn't been used yet, but I also have some more nice caster stuff (Arachs, 100% Perfect Vipermagi and some more).

I'm tempted by the Windy though, as I also have a Wolfhowl so I'm thinking about a Wolfbarb as a bit of a challenge once this Druid is complete.

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
First off, Congrats Milb :thumbsup:

I HIGHLY suggest the Fury Wolf... He's fun... You can pick up Jalal's pretty easily IMO, Ribbie can be a pain to find...

Of course, I haven't played a Windy in about 3 or 4 years (IIRC)...

Anywho, good luck and looking forward to seeing which Druid you go with :grin:

Aerwynd

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Decided to go for the Windy, don't fancy twinked melee HC, I'll end up doing too much damage so that when I get IM'ed I'll be finished...

I think I'll try and use my best remaining equipment as I don't know how many more characters are left in me...

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
omg omg omg omg omg, you got only one more, congrats :grin:

i did a windy druid long ago, and it was pretty cool to play. You will just hate Cold/Phys immune monsters.

anyway, good luck

200th post !

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
omg omg omg omg omg, you got only one more, congrats :grin:

i did a windy druid long ago, and it was pretty cool to play. You will just hate Cold/Phys immune monsters.

anyway, good luck

200th post !
Thats what a Reapers' Toll is for :wink3:

Thanks for the grats :smiley:

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member
Nicely done. I always did like Bonemancers, so I'm glad to see you made it through with him.

:thumbsup:

CB

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
Decided to go for the Windy, don't fancy twinked melee HC, I'll end up doing too much damage so that when I get IM'ed I'll be finished...

I think I'll try and use my best remaining equipment as I don't know how many more characters are left in me...
Very true, and once you start the 5 hits for Fury, you can't stop... So if you get IM'd as you start your set of 5, your done...

BUT... You could always do what I did with my Fury Wolf... Max Fire Claws and add some synergy... When you know you are going to enter an IM area, switch to fireclaws with a 6xShael'd LOW-phys dmg weapon... I use a 6xShael'd PB... 150 IAS (120 from Shaels and 30 from WSM)... This will help you reach a 4frame Fire Claws (IIRC)... Very nice thing to have...

Then you take out the OKs and when no IM is on Fury the Knights...

GL either way!!!

I think the Fury Wolf would be a lot more fun than a Windy...

Aerwynd

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks again for the grats :smiley:

Very true, and once you start the 5 hits for Fury, you can't stop... So if you get IM'd as you start your set of 5, your done...

BUT... You could always do what I did with my Fury Wolf... Max Fire Claws and add some synergy... When you know you are going to enter an IM area, switch to fireclaws with a 6xShael'd LOW-phys dmg weapon... I use a 6xShael'd PB... 150 IAS (120 from Shaels and 30 from WSM)... This will help you reach a 4frame Fire Claws (IIRC)... Very nice thing to have...

Then you take out the OKs and when no IM is on Fury the Knights...

GL either way!!!

I think the Fury Wolf would be a lot more fun than a Windy...

Aerwynd
I think if I had a 3soc Tomby or a good Ribby I would have gone with Fury but I haven't at the moment. I'm also looking to get it done asap and I think the Windy would be a faster killer. I just need to get this week's SUTC character out of the way so I can really get into the Druid :wink3: