Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian #21, Pavarotti, l33t Singer Barb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Milb, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Guardian #21, Pavarotti, l33t Singer Barb

Hello SPF!

Finished off this character yesterday, a pretty fun one IMO, I know a lot of people find them fairly boring, but I quite enjoyed him.

He was probably one of my slightly slower characters getting towards the end of nightmare, where monster hp starts to really jump up (especially having just done act 3 with the swarms of flayers :cloud9:). He was a fairly atrocious boss killer, of which in nightmare and Hell I did them all at players1, sod the drops and exp, couldn't be bothered drinking through the gallons of super mana potions which would have been required.

At the start of NM Chaos sanctuary I decided to put my Enigma on him. First time I've actually used it whilst questing, whilst being insanely overpowered, it was pretty fun. And I think it took me longer to clear Act 1 normal than it did to kill NM Diablo, and then make Guardian. There was less than an hour in between Hellforge screenshots, and I started Hell when Germany and Uruguay kicked off, and including a stop for dinner during half time he was Guardianed before full time, so about 80 minutes in Hell I guess.

I didn't realise it before but the Ancients are stunnable, which I found pretty shocking, and it almost made them trivial in Hell, none were physical immune (which would have been an instant reroll), and Enigma let me separate them extremely easily, and I think at the end I only used one Super Healing Potion which went on my merc, who really, should have been torn apart by them, being only lvl 73/74 at the time.

Think I stopped to kill most boss packs that I found in Hell, and horked them if I remembered, but alas, nothing interesting on the way through, but, for an hour or so of game time, not at all surprising.

Anyway, LCS to prove how leet the Barb is.
    Just searched for the obligatory stunned Urdar screenshot but looks like I didn't take one, so here's one of me stunning all the Minions in the ToD. Just noticed it's Nightmare, trust me, Hell was the same :p
    Also, I had to reroll the Infector of Souls twice, due to this happening. No way was I waiting for a lvl 73 merc to kill him with a pitiful amount of poison damage on Insight, I was meant to carry a Reapers about but I could never be arsed muling one on.

Anyways, stats and skills:

Guardian Pavarotti, lvl 76.
    4067 hp, 1145 mana (more would have been nice, but Insight kept it topped up nicely)
    75/75/75/59 res, 18% DR
    1295-1337 War Cry Damage.

Skills 20 (37) War Cry, 20 Howl, 20 Taunt, 13 Battle Cry, 6 (23) BO, 1 (14) in the 4 masteries, find item and BC.

40 (115) Str (would respec this back to base but never bothered)
    20 (54) Dex
    405 (434) Vit
    10 (17) Ene

Gear:

Shako 'PSapphire'
    Enigma BP
    Hoto 32
    Spirit CS 35fcr (For the FHR and +mana)
    Maras 26
    Magefists
    SoJ
    10 FCR, 27 LR, 11FR 6str 3dex rare ring.
    Nightsmoke (not upped, being lazy again)
    Sander's Riprap (noticed I was wearing them at level 70 something still and never felt the need to swap them out)
    Dual Ali Baba on switch.

Charms, 4 WC charms, and assorted res and mana charms.

Prayer Merc, Eth Insight CA (rerolled for 17 medi), Tals Helm, and Rattlecage.

Got some pretty good Hellforges with him, Pul in NM and Gul in Hell. Nothing else unfortunately as previously mentioned.

Will probably be retired straight away, would be a good character if the damage was greater, would probably need to be of a magnitude of 3 minimum to be a character you could mf enjoyably with really.

Thanks for reading!
    Milb :)

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Re: Guardian #21, Pavarotti, l33t Singer Barb

Great character. I recently built one based on LuckyLuke for LK running (not that I do any significant amount of it) and I can attest to his stupidly fast LK running. (Mine has different skill placement, but the same premise: 200% FCR, Enigma, Harmony switch, etc.) He is the fastest runner I've ever seen, even topping my old PvP Wolfbarb /w maxed Feral Rage.

Also, stunning everything in sight is a great little tactic. For boss killing, you really need to get some CB on your merc

3. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Nicely done. One of my favorite builds ever. Congrats!

Try running him at 200FCR once, it adds to the pleasure. Sadly, you're right about the damage being to low to run anything. Just high enough to be OK for questing, not high enough to be a runner.

--Greebo

4. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Congratulations! You just won the SPF! :p

Seriously, well done on an very tasty character. I've always wanted to make one of these.

5. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

Nicely done! The stun of War Cry really is comforting, and there are some serious nasties that I had the reaction of - wow, those can be stunned? Somewhere from my crier I also have a shot of stunned Urdars as well!

I didn''t have Insight but I was reliant upon huge MPK rings (and mine was SC!) So, as with yours, bosses were tedious compared to the joy that flayer swarms were.

6. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Thanks for the grats. :)

I've actually carried on playing him and levelled him up to 80 so far. I've regeared him as a Pindle Runner, and he's not actually that slow. I've pumped a few points into Find Item, 50% after +skills on switch, dropped BO back to 1 point, then rest in WC and synergies.

Off the top of my head I've switched the gear to Shako (Topaz), Mara's, Enigma, Hoto/Wizzy, Baba's on switch, Chance Guards, 2 Nagels, Arach and War Travs. So 340 ish MF on kill, and 500 on hork.

CRG: The merc has a Rattlecage on him for the CB, no way was I going to do Hell without at least some CB ;)

Greebo: I've never bothered doing any crafting unfortunately, so have no 20 fcr amulet to play with, if I get one I'll give it a try :)

Thanks for the grats again, and also the Barb is not so leet any more, after the respec my damage is back to a boring number again :p

7. Crazy Runner Guy

Totally breezed over that - great choice for this character because the monster can't rune b/c it's stunned!

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Indeed, kept seeing the little green thing which appears over the monster and feeling fairly chuffed that the little bugger was still in range :p

9. Crazy Runner Guy

It's probably an underrated armor - DC used it on his clvl 99 trapper. I know I've upgraded one to excep, too.

10. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Congratulations Milb, great character. I actually think he makes a decent pit runner too.
    He doesn't have the highest of damages, but he does have an AOE attack that works very well with teleport.
    Basically just teleport right in the middle of any pack and cry away, and monsters die.
    He IS very mana hungry though.