Guardian #2: Wotan

naranjadita

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Guardian #2: Wotan

Cruel Colossus Sword with an IAS modifier?
For the sake of hamburgers, ponies and holy forum squid's tentacles, this weapon is oooooossum!

twillight

Diabloii.Net Member

Cruel Colossus Sword with an IAS modifier?
For the sake of hamburgers, ponies and holy forum squid's tentacles, this weapon is oooooossum!
More awesome as he said it was rolled in the Cube with the 3 chipped + magic weapon formula.
Too bad that recipe makes an ilvl 25, while the curel affix requires ilvl 51. So it is a damn miracle.

EasyG

Diabloii.Net Member

twilight, im getting bit bored of you accusing ppl of cheating in every single part of the forum, while you are suggesting other ppl to dupe if someone is asking advice and telling that you dupe yourself in the untwinked magic find guide, rerolling back after an unsatisfying cube:
On my rolling in the cube: don't care. It was not for some tournament, just casual playing.
I suggest you to read the SPF rules and while you are at it I also suggest to read the item generation tutorial, since it is perfectly possible to make this sword with the chipped cube recipe:
Code:
When an item is generated that has prefixes the alvl is calculated* from ilvl and qlvl as follows: 
If (ilvl>99) then {ilvl=99}
if (qlvl>ilvl) then {ilvl=qlvl} ;** see note below
if (magic_lvl>0) then {alvl=ilvl+magic_lvl}
else
{
if (ilvl<(99-qlvl/2))
then {alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2}
else {alvl=2*ilvl-99}
}
If (alvl>99) then {alvl=99} 

[LIST]
[*] *all calculations use integers so there are no fractions at any step. 
[*] ** this new ilvl value is only used for the duration of this  calculation. The ilvl value that is stored in the items data file will  remain unchanged. 
[/LIST]
Last but not least I suggest to appolagise yourself and make a complete startover deleting all you chars and stuff if you want to be part of the spf community at this forum

twillight

Diabloii.Net Member

twilight, im getting bit bored of you accusing ppl of cheating in every single part of the forum, while you are suggesting other ppl to dupe if someone is asking advice and telling that you dupe yourself in the untwinked magic find guide, rerolling back after an unsatisfying cube:
And now You start to misquoting. Nice.
The rerolling part was to prove a point possibilities, not for suggestion or anything related to equiping an untwinked character.

EDIT: I also counted with the given equatation, and for me it says as qlvl of Colossus Sword is 80, the alvl will be 40, what is still below 51.

Last edited:

Jaelen

Diabloii.Net Member

Since qlvl (80) is greater than ilvl (25), ilvl=80

Since 80 is not less than 59 (99-80/2=59), then alvl is 2*80-99=61

61 is indeed high enough for cruel.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member

Can you say stylepoints? Holy moly! Congrats on this awesome and stylish Guardian! So, what are your plans for your next char?

Doctor Clock

Diabloii.Net Member

@Twillight: You are very correct. Rolling with chipped gems sets the ilvl to 25. However,

A trick, you can use the chippy recipe with high qlvl items and still get alvl's in the 60 range for the +skill trees, cruel prefix, and other higher level affixes. Also with a set lower ilvl you can get low tier staffmods. With this information you can make some really powerful weapons for 4 out of 7 character classes, for the other 3 classes of characters you can use this to manufacture rares to your taste.

The reason this trick works is that when qlvl > ilvl the qlvl controls the equation. From the above equation set: "if (qlvl>ilvl) then {ilvl=qlvl}" this says that if the qlvl is greater then the ilvl used in the equation will be the qlvl. This is the whole reason your able to find small charms of life in the blood moor. The small charms have a qlvl of 28 thus even with an ilvl of 1 they have an alvl of 14 after following the algorithm (see Chapter 11).
Source

If you have any other questions/concerns/doubts, let me know.

@Arkado: I would like to finish up a HC single-pass sept. However, D3 currently has me occupied. But I'm sure I'll come back sooner or later.

twillight

Diabloii.Net Member

@Twillight
If you have any other questions/concerns/doubts, let me know.
Let me be clear: it is not really about doubt with me. It is the lack of info and the too many lucky equipment - what I wouldn't even bother if I'd be able to find something closer to MY drops. Too bad everyone points on only these files.

What I'd need is level progression (to be able to estimate with what player-setting I'd reach what level), hard points of progress (aka. near death experiences), skill distribution progress. These would be prime concerns for a valid guide-document. Sadly the files like this are only worth to be trophy if at all.

In the meantime I DID find some docu reach my standards, but those only tell about nightmare diff (one died in nm a5, and a necro in hell a2). Both tells hard moments, skill progress, mf values, alternate equipment ideas, source of findings and so on. And none had ridiculous findings.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

@twilight

No offense, but Mat/Pat/Guardian threads aren't about what you want. They aren't guides, they aren't walkthroughs. They are an expression of the experiences one had through a particular character. Whether one expresses themself through story telling, pics, jokes, or even (and these do exists) a simple thread with one sentence, such as: "Guardian [name]: [Couple words which say build]." None of these Mat/Pat/Guard threads are created to give you a 100% walkthrough. They are a sharing of a character with the community, as well as the lurkers. They are posted as an expression, but also so that others may use some of the information to create similar builds, and play through them their way.
It just happens that the general posting ettiquette (better word would be format) for these types of threads happens to have 'Stats/Skills,' 'Items,' and a description of key aspects/experiences/encounters of the character.
There are longer, fully detailed playthroughs of characters, but these are less frequent, as only a few people have the patience and interest in creating a thread of a character that thoroughly records the details

You have been shown that you did not fully understand cubing mechanics, but instead of saying: "Okay, thanks for clearing that up," you continue the skepticism by saying that there were "too many lucky equipment [drops.]" Sure, you claim that it isn't doubt, but you still claim that there is a 'lack of detail and too much luck,' and it can only be assumed that because of this, you don't trust it as legit. If you did trust it, you wouldn't've jumped on what you thought was right: the cubing of a Cruel sword. That itself is doubt...
I see NOTHING on this character that is difficult to get, except the one lucky item roll, which was only obtained in the final two Acts of the game! All other items are relatively common, or easy to get similar items with similarly valuable bonuses.

I don't see how these Mat/Pat/Guard threads cannot reach your 'standards,' as your standards include duping. You have broken the forum rules by encouraging and supporting the use of hacks, as well as using them yourself, and yet you still doubt the legitimancy of long-term members, with no proof other than they experience things differently than you do, and 'aren't up to your standards.'

twilight said:
[Source] As in single player only in every 5-10 year playing you get 1 high-rune (vex and higher), I'd just dupe the rune and stop worrying.
Post reported, as I too have seen a trend in your posts, and extreme skepticism expressed repeatedly with no reason. If you believe there are cheats here, why post? Why not just walk away and ignore it, instead of claiming skepticism, and continuing, even after your claim was proven false?

@DocClock - My apologies - spoilered so as not to detract too much.

twillight

Diabloii.Net Member

@Drystan
For example THIS thread tell NO experience with the character it is about. None at all. It tells the stats and equipment, but lacks any actual experience. This and this kind of posts are nothing more then trophies.

"you continue the skepticism by saying that there were "too many lucky equipment [drops.]" Sure, you claim that it isn't doubt"
Seems you do not understand the problem where that came from. According to my experience the stuff of this character is "twinked" category. People - despite I expressed my refusal - point me only to this (and almost exact) threads, that's why I'm still complaining.

"except the one lucky item roll"
Actually it is more then one. It is the named sword, the angelic combo (with 20+ multipass(!) char I've only managed manbe to find only once this), and Magnus' skin.
Ok, the sword with ATMA can be rolled with a little luck, but this is still way above the untwinked results I'm familiar with. I'm not doubting the existance of this character per se, what I doubt this is the average untwinked (weighted with single pass) character result.

My standard include duping when it is not out of question. Stop misquoting me. I could report you for this kinda nonsense, though I don't care reporting, so feel free to report me more on your side as you already did. The fact remains that a group (too bad the url no longer exists) I was part of reported a 5-10 year playing in SP untwinked mode, and the like 15 people there managed only 1(!) hr per head druing that period, and maybe 2-3 from runes around Vex (equals ca. 1 per year per person). As runedrop chances are the same for everyone, I can not imagine this to be just a difference of playstyle, and I hold myself to that opinion until new evidence shows up.

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member

Instead of focusing on if he multi ran, duped, twinked on items, or whatever you're afraid he did and ask yourself why he would do such a thing and then claim he didn't. I'm quite literally laughing right now. At you. You think that someone would get off on doing such a thing? Why would someone do it? To increase their internet penis length? To get fame and recognition the world over? I'm sure they're planning his ticker-tape parade right now. Too bad he lied and cheated to get it, right?

Who gives a rat's *** if he made up the entire flipping thing? Quit being a tool and gain some freaking perspective.

Anaesthesia

Diabloii.Net Member

I was part of reported a 5-10 year playing in SP untwinked mode, and the like 15 people there managed only 1(!) hr per head druing that period, and maybe 2-3 from runes around Vex (equals ca. 1 per year per person). As runedrop chances are the same for everyone blah etc.
You could disabuse yourself of this notion quickly, simply by having a look at the 1.13 patch notes. It is there extremely understated as "Increased high rune drop rate". Having just picked D2 up again recently (and having stopped playing just before 1.13 came out) I can confirm that the drop rates from about Sol/Shael on up have noticeably and sharply increased.

I ran a SC character from 1 to Pat just to refamiliarize myself, skipping quests and areas like a madman, and still found not only Ist/Mal/Pul/2xLem/2xFal questing (previously my best questing find, in several years, was a single Ist), but something like 7 Sols and 9 Shaels (I usually get 2-3 of each per character, pre-1.13). Thought I just had a really lucky run until I looked up the patch notes.

Also, noncare for what you are "familiar with" for singlepass. If your playstyle differs in any way from "Kill every monster and loot every object that spawns, on /p8 all the way" then you will notice the more thorough players here tend to have very good gear compared to you. The reason why is between the quotes.

Anaesthesia

Diabloii.Net Member

It prefers "crabbit." :)

And something I should have mentioned a few posts ago, congrats, Doctor Clock! Not to detract from the accomplishments of others, but an untwinked singlepass Guardian is imo the jewel of the "I finished a character" threads (never having done one myself) and I love reading them.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member

On the subject of untwinked, Single Pass luck ... my Blizzballer had this sort of good fortune, in back in 1.12:

IFT 1
IFT 2

This is not an exhaustive list of her finds. Admittedly, this amount of luck is truly freakish, but it happens. I know this because it happened to me.

Gratz in a beserker Guardian, Doc! :thumbup:

Pyrotechnician

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Your internet penis must be really huge right now if you faked a single pass untwinked character write up. :lol2:

P.S. Great job, nice write up, amazing weapon. Takes me back to the 1.09 days.