Guardian 15/49 - BF Sin

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Guardian 15/49 - BF Sin

Well, another week, another guardian. This time without screenshots, though, since silentwhisper refuses to let me login. Oh well, did it without screenies before, I'm sure I can do it again. Presenting:

Guardian Araya - Level 80 Bladefury Assassin

Stats:

Str: 130
Dex: 165
Vit: 175
En: 25

AR: >10k with Demon Limb
Damage: 1535 - 2281 with Venom & Might
Crushing Blow: 50%
Deadly Strike: 30%
Open Wounds: 10%
DR: 49%
Blocking: 75%

Resis (without fade):
Fire: 75%
Cold: 75%
Light: 80%
Poison: 10%

Skills:

Blade Fury: 1
Death Sentry: 20

Venom: 20
Shadow Master: 20
Cloak of Shadows: 1

Unspent: 17

Gear:

Wpn 1: Eth Baranar's (PSkull)
Shield 1: Stormshield (PTopaz)
Switch: Bartuc's x 2
Jewelry: Angelic Halo x 2 & Angelic Wings
Belt: Verdungo's (Boo! 35 vit only gives about 70 life! Haxxor!)
Armour: Fortitude Boneweave
Boots: Gore Riders
Gloves: LoH
Helm: Guillaume's (unsocketed)

Charms: 4 Shimmering Grand and 4 Shimmering Small Charms

Nothing fancy, really. Eth baranar's used because of the 200% AR and because that's the best 1h eth weapon I had. Had I eth gimmershred or fleshripper (or a stormlash... yeah, right) I'd have used that. Didn't use crescent moon because I did enough damage kill stuff in a few hits, long before static could have triggered often enough to do anything. And when I started dropping DS I didn't need static anyway.

Might Merc:

The Reaper's Toll, Guillaume's Face & Shaftstop

Thoughts

Awesome! I wuv this one :teeth: . Fun to play and killing speed was alright even at higher player settings in hell. (okay, merc was using crescent moon while I was playing on 8) From act 2 onwards I played on p1 and death sentry did exactly as well as you'd think. But blade fury did a lot better than you'd think. Stuff died reasonably fast and more often than not I didn't even need to cast death sentry.

One major bummer was the erratic shadowmaster. While I do have plenty of points to spare I regret putting even one point in there. She really caused nothing but trouble. Converting stuff I wanted to CE so I had to wait, teleporting away to kick some far away monster when I needed her to tank and casting crappy traps to destroy my sentries... In the end I didn't use her except for act bosses. And when we finally fought the ancients all three of them wailed on my assassin instead of going for my summons. But that was alright, stuff barely put a dent into Araya anyway. That again went to show how useless the shadowmaster was for my char. Even the three ancients combined couldn't really hurt her beyond what leech and potions healed. In actual game play stuff didn't even swing at me due to CoS... I want my money back! Erm, skill points, that is.

As I said, she was extremely safe to play. Well, alright, anything with CoS is ridiculously easy. I enjoyed this char because she's pretty versatile and when you get bored you can just drop a few DS and watch stuff die as it should. She really benefitted from fortitude since she had no ED of her own. I believe that and deadly strike is what take this char from "alright" to "whooo hooo!" Didn't have any real problems with anyhting. Gloams, Frenzytaurs, etc, everything went down just nicely.

Still she probably doesn't make the best MFer in the world since she relies largely on items for her killing power. Might giver her a whirl nonetheless. Just to see if I can level her to 90 or something.

Itemwise she was lucky and unlucky. Got a lot of gold but most sucked. Carrion Wind was the only thing I kept. Hellforgewise she got an El, a Dol and a Pul. Yay? >_< During questing she got 2 Hels. My runeluck sucks so bad...

As usual she used a few of RTB's Mods, namely the FE Mod, Red Rune Mod and the Runeword Mod (obviously). Nothing else, though.

Well, that's 15 guardians, and the third sin. Looking back, I think the top three as far as fun and coolness is concerned is entirely in the hand of these black clad pretties. Yes, no fishymancer. NF love sins best. :D

Now, what next? No idea. Haven't really got any char up and running that I feel I must play. Perhaps it's time for a short break. I'm hella busy at university anyways.

Well, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it despite the lack of pictures and story.

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
I knew it! There was no chance you wouldn't be doing one of these threads this week :D

Hmm, seems like your BF sin did alot better than mine. I Mat'ed mine but she is one of the worse chars ever. Can't kill much. But then again I just got a load of ctc items :D Will redo him somewhat.

Nightfish said:
Now, what next? No idea. Haven't really got any char up and running that I feel I must play. Perhaps it's time for a short break. I'm hella busy at university anyways.
Most definately. How else am I suppose to atleast have a chance? ;)

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice one :) not too spectacular, but hey.. I still need to make my first guardian :rolleyes:

Was 10k ar enough with cos? Why didn't you just dump the remainding skillpoints in cos or a lightning trap? I mean... it's not like you'll use them now ;)

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Dear Lord!

NF Guardians: 15
Porius Guardians/Patriarchs/Matriarchs: 1

:worship:

NF = pwn

Kick butt, man.

Porius

Vargas

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on the guardian! I liked that name, Araya (don't know why, but sin names look to be the coolest around) ^-^.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks fellows. ;)

Nacaa: Yeah, I got home early today and played through all of hell in a few hours. :) If she hadn't been that fun to play I wouldn't have, though.

Sint: 10k AR is definetly enough to hit stuff. A good indication is that things died fast. Didn't spend the extra skill points because I wasn't going to use lightning traps even if I had them. I don't mind spare points and if nothing else they look cool in a time where everybody thinks they need to fully synergise stuff to pwn. :teeth:

Vargas: Can't take credit for the name, that was provided by Sidhe. I think it's from some book she read or something.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Fine job NF :thumbsup: You just keep on rolling - amazing!

Nightfish said:
Yeah, I got home early today and played through all of hell in a few hours. :) If she hadn't been that fun to play I wouldn't have, though.
It takes me three hours to play through most acts, much less difficulties. :lol: You really do have this game mastered.

Llathias

Banned
ahh, NF, do you know how lonely and purposeless you'll feel when you're done with the 49 guardians? and how poor we'll be without your threads? you better start thinking about some more builds! :p

btw, i was thinking about it when i saw the thread. how do you find names for so many characters? or do you have name-finders as in this case?

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations to the Guardian! :thumbsup:

My eyebrows raised a bit over "Fortitude Boneweave". You're playing the runeword mod right? Or are you on b-net?

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys! As usual you make it hard for me to keep up with the responses. *grin*

AlterEgo said:
It takes me three hours to play through most acts, much less difficulties. You really do have this game mastered.
Going is faster since I twink, of course. And I don't do full clears either. And well, I charge into battle, which I can afford due to the FE Mod and that speeds things up by a lot, too. Don't need to scan any boss for mods since I can see everything that is dangerous to me (curse & aura). Everything else doesn't really put my chars at risk. And that includes gloams.

Llathias said:
ahh, NF, do you know how lonely and purposeless you'll feel when you're done with the 49 guardians?
About as lonely and purposeless as I'm feeling now? :scratch:

Llathias said:
and how poor we'll be without your threads? you better start thinking about some more builds!
Haha, sorry to say but I think after this I'll have run out of builds. Even 7 half decent ones per class are stretching things a lot in some cases. At any rate, I reckon this will take about one year to finish so there'll be no poverty in guardian threads anytime soon.

Llathias said:
btw, i was thinking about it when i saw the thread. how do you find names for so many characters? or do you have name-finders as in this case?
That depends, really.
- Some I name for characters of other games or books. Celes and Tifa were named for characters from the final fantasy series, for example.
- Others get "fun" names, like Knightfish the paladin or Huggles the mauler bear.
- Some I name after words I've heard sometimes that just stuck with me because I liked the sound. Dunamis, for example, or Dawn.
- Some names I just make up. Daevana the assassin is one of those.
- Then there's the tribute builds to some of the people that influenced me in some way. RTB's gonna get a vampire necro and gengis got mortalised in the previous guardian since he was the first one that I recall using an upgraded ribcracker. And that certainly influenced me.
- And when all that was said and done I still needed more names and let Sidhe name the chars that were left.

Kefir-Tribe said:
My eyebrows raised a bit over "Fortitude Boneweave". You're playing the runeword mod right? Or are you on b-net?
You can push down your eyebrow again and re-read the part where I say that I use RTB's runeword mod. ;)

Sir Lister of Smeg said:
Congratulations on yet another one, all of hell in just three hours is insanely fast imho. Are there any others already advanced a bit?
I never said three hours, did I? I thought I said a few? :scratch: At any rate, I didn't keep exact track but I did it all this afternoon. Didn't just run through either since i gained 15 levels in the process :)

As for others... Well, Huggles the werebear is still parked in act 1 NM. Got a hammerdin in late normal - again. None of these really interest me right now. Probably gonna try fendzon next.

Sidhe

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on your newest Guardian, Fisheh!! :clap:

May your next Guardian be as much to your liking as this one was! :)

MadMardigan

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats Nightfish! You're an inspiration to us all.

And me still without a single mat/pat/guardian. Playing since the game came out. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see that fendazon.

~Jay

San

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
- Some names I just make up. Daevana the assassin is one of those.
Humm, that rings a bell. Daevas were some sort of demons in Lionheart: The Crusade, IIRC