Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Guardian #11 - Tifa

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nightfish, May 16, 2005.

1. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Guardian #11 - Tifa

A couple hours ago my WWsin successfully pwned baal which makes her my 11th guardian. 38 left for my septuple sept. :) This, like most of the others was twinked (duh?) and using RTB's FE Mod, which makes this the 10th guardian he's responsible for. Anyway, here's some stats & skills and some pictures too:

Status Screen:

[​IMG]

Skill Tabs:

[​IMG]

Not sure what to do with the 5 remaining skill points. Since she isn't much good for running anything they'll probably be just left unspent. Maybe more weapon block would be nice. Can't really think of anything else she needs.

Equipment:

Wpn 1: 338% ED Chaos Suwayyah / 210% ED Shadow Killer (Shael)
    Wpn 2: Dual Bartucs
    Helm: Rare Circlet with 140 AR, +2 skills, 8% mana leech
    Armour: Shaft (Um)
    Ring 1: Ravenfrost
    Ring 2: Rare Ring with 100AR, 8% LL
    Ammy: Mara's
    Gloves: Draculs
    Boots: Goblin Toe
    Belt: SoE (15% DR, 7% LL)

Demon Limb was used to get her AR up to respectable levels without the angelic jewelry. Together with CoS she hit pretty good. More AR would still have been nice. Inventory was full of various charms, including one for each relevant skill tree. Resistances are with fade, without fade they're around 20-30.

Merc: Might Merc using The Reaper's Toll, Duriel's Shell & Vamp Gaze

General Stuff:

As you saw in her skill tabs she has maxed LS, DS, CM and Venom which makes her a true hybrid. No points in Mind Blast and Shadow Master which I didn't regret for a heatbeat.

She turned out quite a bit stronger than I expected, cutting through stuff like nobody's buisness in hell. On players 1 at any rate but that's okay. Looking at the skills you might think I hid behind my traps most of the time but that's definetly untrue. Those were mainly used to deal with Iron Maiden and unleechable enemies. Pretty much everything else was killed with WW since that's what this lady's focus was on.

WW sin in action:
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/Tifa_-_Before.jpg

Battlefield afterwards:
    http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/Tifa_-_After.jpg

Nothing really spectacular to tell about her journey through the game. As long as stuff could be leeched she was pretty much unkillable. Only NDE came from the 6th evil urn I opened in Hell. Extra Fast, Cursed, Fanatic boss pack made her run real quick.

The ancients were kinda easy, too. Only dangerous mods were "extra strong" and "mana burn" - that really hurt, though. But with CB and whirlwind you don't need an awful lot of passes to kill things so they went down as I used the last of my 4 mana potions.

In general, playing her is very straightforward. If you see stuff you just whirl through it. If there were three or more boss packs I used CoS before whirling. If there were a lot of skeleton archers or oblivion knights I hung back and used traps. Pretty much everything dies in 1-2 passes from WW and if you lay down a few DSs after that everything else just goes the way of the dodo, too. No real problems with anything, gloams included. On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the hardest I'd rate her a 3 or so.

The biggest issue I had with her was that she didn't have as much FRW as I was used to. Running through the game with a whooping zero felt like crawling. But for WW it's okay.

She did not find anything of note. Hellforge gave her an Um rune which is okay but not great.

All in all I had a great time playing her and she's definetly one of my favorite guardians and I don't regret spending that Ohm rune on her. Whirling through stuff has this ninja feeling to it and you can do a few pretty funny moves like whirling through, dropping 2 DSs and then dashing off while everything explodes. I like it. :)

Not sure which character I'll play next. I've got a necro in A1H and a werebear in mid nightmare but I'm not sure I want to play those now. Maybe it's time to start my ribcracker avenger which is going to be dedicated to Gengis_Chuck who was -afaik- the first to use the upgraded version of that BHS.

Remaining chars for sept: 5 Amazons, 5 Assassins, 6 Barbs, 6 Druids, 6 Necros, 6 Paladins and 4 Sorcs.

2. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

Congrats on the guardian. I wish I had a Chaos claw too (sc of course, I'm still sane). I would have putted a point in SM and MB to give more crowd control, especially for hc, but I guess you are used to not dying so you didn't need them.

Snuva

3. Severoth

Severoth IncGamers Member

Gratz Nightfish,

Guardian for anything is pretty impressive due to game throwing some truely nasty mods together in hell. What did you do Hell on btw as in /players?

4. Nightfish

Thanks people :)

Snuva, even the merc I had did nothing for crowd control I am whirling *through* enemies. Even if I had a whole army with me I couldn't hide behind it. And, well, yeah... Getting to guardian sorta makes this a moot point anyway. Mind blast is exceptionally useless to me since it takes 3 times as long to get half the effect of CoS. And of course I need to wait for the monsters to unconvert before I can kill them. All in all I was a lot faster without SM and MB while being as safe as a baby in a cradle.

Sev, I usually do hell on players 1. She could take higher player settings, of course, it just takes longer but there's no real reason to do that. Need to go repair my claw often enough as it is. :)

5. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

I like to use MB most against Lister's group and Obvilion Knights because they can't be converted and having them stunned is nice. But I mostly play mp with my assassins so I can spam MB while they do the killing. And I guess it needs more than 1 point to have a nice stun duration (I have it maxed most of the time).

Snuva

6. Nightfish

I just whirl through lister and his people. Since they can be leeched they can't really kill me. Against OKs I spam traps. First a few LS then a couple DS to explode the DKs corpses. Imo safer and faster than doing it the MB way. :) But, yeah, might be different in MP.

7. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well congratz to another one Fishy :clap: :clap:

DX

8. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Congratulations on this Guardian, Nightfish!! :)

Now on to the remaining 38... Which one is going to be next?

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Nice work Nightfish! I would have said the same thing as Snuva but since he already said it...

No Ribcracker:cheesy:

10. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Good show :)

One question though.. I allways find my mercs to be struggling if I leave them alone, even on p1. Since you're allways ahead of your merc didn't that cause problem from time to time? Or did CoS work that wonder?

11. Nightfish

Thanks for your comments people. :)

Sidhe, the next char will probably be Gengis, the ribcracker avenger. I did some calculations (!) on the damage he'll do and I think he'll go players 8 all the way.

Sint, my merc died a couple times but usually only to IM or curses / damage enhancing mods. Usually he was fine on his own. Well, at the speed I was mowing down stuff he barely had a chance to die. If it gets really bad I use CoS and DS. But most of the time the reaper's toll & leech keep him going. The decrep makes sure that the things that can hit him don't hit too hard.

12. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Congrats on your new Guardian! :thumbsup:

13. corax

corax IncGamers Member

another one? gg nf.

14. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

this may be an idiotic question, but here it goes: where did you get WW from?

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You can get WW from the chaos claw runeword as an Oskill.
    Anyawy, i suppose that having 11 guardians is ok, but i expect more from you! try one without the FE mod, it adds more flavour. :thumbsup:

16. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

congrats on the guardian.
    I am curious how many gameplay hours these guardians took for you. (I figure some were longer than the others).

17. Nightfish

Thanks again. :)

The only thing that adds is tediousness because you need to scan every boss for that bull**** mod. And then let your merc take care of him. Totally destroys the flow of the game, especially with a char like this. And since I'm doing this for fun and not to prove anything to anybody I'll stay with my mod, thank you very much. :thumbsup: Also, my necromancer guardian had no mod, so there's your guardian right there.

Yeah, some went faster, some went slower, but not that much, actually. This one was definetly one of the faster guardians, though. I can't really give a good estimate but I reckon that most of them took about 4-8 hours through hell. It sorta depends on how much I feel like clearing certain areas and whether or not I level. Usually I don't.

These days I play while chatting so I don't play as fast as I used to. On average it takes me about 3-5 days to get a guardian. Usually it's kinda slow through normal and NM, though, due to boredom.

18. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

WTG Nightfish. :clap:

mv

19. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

:worship: gotta love a melee guardian!

20. Muay Thai Warrior

Muay Thai Warrior IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Guardian.

Tifa from FF7?