Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GStar D3 demo machines specs revealed?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by fmulder, Apr 22, 2011.

1. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

GStar D3 demo machines specs revealed?

The following pics come from a Korean language site and show the D3 demo area under construction at last year's GStar. The demo machines have not yet been setup /assembled:

http://backboys.tistory.com/154
    (If the pics won't load click on the link above)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what they said the specs were:

CPU:
    Intel Core i7 870 (45nm, Soket 1156, 2.93GHz)​
    motheboard:
    Intel DH55HC (intel H55)​
    RAM:
    EK Memory DDR3 10600 2GBx2EA​
    vid card:
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 1GB WindForce or​
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 1GB​
    hard disk:
    Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ​
    power supply:
    Acbel iPower 500​
    case:
    Bestech Guardian ​
    monitor:
    Orion TopSync 24​

So how good is such a setup?
    How much does it cost now?
    How much will it cost in 6 months?

Please feel free to comment and remember you saw it here first:thumbup:

2. Varquynne

Varquynne IncGamers Member

Re: GStar D3 demo machines specs revealed?

Cool! Thanks for the find, fmulder. As always, nice work! I'm not much of a techie, so I've leave that to others for comments.

3. Turnip

Turnip IncGamers Member

The 2500k is 200$ and better than the 870 they have and better than any amd 6 core. That gfx card is comparable to the 6850 which can be had for 130$ or so pretty often. In 6 months it will be a lot different though, it always is; hence why theres no reason to "future-proof" your setup.

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

its a very standard gaming rig that costs about 1312 to 1475 dollar here in Sweden. our prices is way higher then in the USA though so i would guess USA prices would be around 1000 dollar to 1300 dollar.

In 6 months such a gaming rig will be ancient but still good enough. It will probably have fallen in price to around 600-800 dollar.

Remember though that both 2011 aka intels real powerhouse processor for sandy bridge without the integrated graphics as well as bulldozer from AMD will have been released at that time unless something breaks the schedule. That will lower the prices on the components in the gaming rig we talk about here.

That said most of us will probably have better components in our rigs before diablo 3 is released.

i built my computer 2007 and i have a much more powerful PSU at 750W a more powerful monitor at 1920x1200 instead of the damn full hd crap. I have had 4 GB ram for the last 3 years so i am actually surprised they go that low as 6 or 8GB ram for gaming rigs are far more common at around the 1641 dollar mark with 12 GB fast becoming more common.

Its also interesting that they use the old Intel i7 and not the newer ones aka sandy bridge. the 870 was released q3 2009 so that tells me a lot about the systems specs for diablo 3.

the 460 although it is a good card is already a generation old with the 500 series being the the current generation of nvidia cards.

In short i can say this if you buy a real gaming rig before diablo 3 is released your computer wont even know the game is being run on it due to how low the specs will be.

To but blizzard specs into context starcraft 2 lists the 6600 as a minimum level card and that tell us quite a tale since the are now talking about a card that was released 2004 that is 7 years ago. I would not be supriced if you could play diablo 3 on an ancient 8000 series card with ease at minimum settings.

5. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

I think one important thing to note with these setup is these rigs are normally designed to show off the game at rather high settings.

I think it would be a safe assumption that the min. specs will be a few steps below these machines.

6. Monster

Monster IncGamers Member

These machines are way overkill for D3. Min specs will be much lower than those. They were probably just given these machines for advertising purposes. Even to run D3 at max settings you likely won't need anything close to the specs listed above.

7. Rancors

Rancors Banned

only the cpu is overkilled. the rest are pretty standard for today's gaming. the gtx 460 or HD radeon 6850 are the best graphic cards for its value in the market. both can run most current games on ultra with good fps. the 500 series are not worth it as they cost $100~200 more when the 460 can perform superbly.

also, don't expect to run on max setting with just doing a little better than the min spec.

8. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

You're welcome, was quite surprised when I found these. Wonder if anyone managed "obtain" a copy of the demo? :whistling:

@ Everyone else thanks the input, now I know what to aim for when I purchase my new PC :thumbup:

9. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

Highly doubt you will need an I7. I run an I5-750 and run just about every game almost flawlessly. Companies use the best stuff so their games look and run the best they can. First impressions mean everything.

10. lone_wolf

That is correct ThomasJ you could very well play diablo 3 on a i3 since they are very easy to overclock and makes quite good low entry level gaming rigs.

That said a i5 or i7 or any modern processor for that matter will have no problem running diablo 3. Note that you will want dual core at least and with that i mean a minimum of core 2 duo or equivalent AMD processor.

quad core is quite mainstream already and will be even more so when diablo 3 is released. Myself i will probably have built mt new computer by then and it will be a minimum of octa core.

Not because of gaming but because i need it for virtualization and doing testing with virtual exchange machines etc so most will not need octa cores

11. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the demos had some sort of encryption key or otherwise required, that only authorized the game to run on certain dates.

I doubt they'd go as far as locking it to certain hardware (as the same demo is used at multiple events), but a special encryption key that they could generate and distribute for each show, keyed to only work on certain days would be pretty straightforward to do.

Or since the demo machines are all generally in the same area, they could have a server with software that sends out authorizations to the demo machines letting them run the game - so you'd need both the demo + the server software in order to get it to work (and the server could connect to the internet and authorize itself with Blizzard's servers if they wanted to).

12. Dudeperm

Dudeperm IncGamers Member

these machines are more likely to cost 1000$ then 1300$. probably below 700 when d3 is released.

13. lone_wolf

that is why i gave the range from 1000 to 1300 and i agree with you when diablo 3 is released it will most likely be around 700

14. Dudeperm

Dudeperm IncGamers Member

I guess D3 still only supports dual core and DX9? So the hardware requirements are super low. The limiting factor beeing the CPU, GPU will only have a small influence on the performance.

Blizzard is known for its low hardware requirements but this is getting kind of
    ridiculous.

15. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

You can get an AMD Athlon II x4 for about $500 these days. I still hope they come out with atleast some DX10 support for D3 eventually.