Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grrr.. Pubbie MFers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by schlip, Apr 1, 2004.

1. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Grrr.. Pubbie MFers

None of my friends is on so I decided to move my pally forward in pubbie games. After many tries, I found a few good groups, but each time the flow was broken by pubbie MFers - they came and went and plain took the quest bosses - andy/meph/shenk... I mean, are they do desparate for the few % ? And I've seen guides mentioning how much better it is to MF in a public game - SHAME ON YOU! That doesn't help people's Bnet experience at all.

And if you are one of the pubbie MFers.. SHAME ON YOU TOO. you are not much better than those ad bots.. maybe even lower.

Edit: Rant over.. come to think of it, If you have to time to choose to do it in games that others don't care and ask for permissions, it should be okay. but I don't think pubbie MFers are that considerate in the first place.

2. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

The only pubs I mf in are Duel games.
    Sometimes I'll even create them.
    I'll keep an eye on the chat and if someone is being a
    complete choad to other seemingly legit duelers I join in
    and do my best to teach some manners.

3. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

Make the game and set level restrictions on it? That might get rid of the high level mf'ers (errr...magic finders, I meant)

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

[color=#99FFC]I too mf in duel games, but I only do mausoleum. [/color]

5. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

I tend to only to do the Ancient Tunnels unless I'm
    feeling brave and do Meph all the time being mindful of an ambush.

6. skihard

skihard Banned

I like to MF Andreil in Duel games. She seems to give jewelery more often, she probably doesn't but she seems like she does.

7. Warlin

Warlin IncGamers Member

Where else can you get an hours worth of quality mf time and no worries about item stealers but a pubbie questing game. Not to mention decent exp, at least compared to a single player game. And no worries about party members drawing the entire wrath of hell on your poor character while they run away. If only bliz implemented a "players 8" option for the creator of a bnet game, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Personally I minimize the impact by leaving the act bosses since that helps keep the questers in the game. I won't stop doing it though because it maximizes the use of my time on bnet. I don't think i'm a selfish person. I like to give stuff away or help random people with a quest or two. But time is the ultimate commodity (in life) so I try to make the most of it (even if it's for useless braincell killing fun like big D).

If you really like the group you're questing with, be pursuasive, expand your friends list, and then you'll have a bigger pool of friends to privately quest with in the future.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

If you're looking for integrity and kindness in people you won't find it on battle.net, look elsewhere

9. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

I run the Pit in Duel games. It's great.

10. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

Why don't we do it in the road?
    No one will be watching us.
    Why don't we do it in the road?

11. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I like to MF pits and river of flame sometimes in public games.

...in public games...
    ...in public games...
    ...public games...
    ...public games...
    ...public...

...PUBLIC...

To the ranter, how can you get mad at people who join a game to do what they want to do when they have that exact right? I don't understand. I try my best not to interfere, though. I'll MF in duel games, which are the best because you get a healthy dose of entertainment watching the duelers exchange insults and such. I will also MF in quest games.... most of the time. I won't MF pits if it says Act 1 Start or something. I won't MF Mephisto or RoF if it says Act 2 Quests or Act 3. In other words, I don't like to disturb any area that the questers might encounter.
    I also don't MF in Baal run games unless I do a quick Eld/Shenk run, because those games usually go too fast.
    I don't MF in cow games because I'm afraid I'll get the Cow King quest due to some oblivious fools (yes, this pisses me off greatly).

But what gets me is that after about 10 pubby game MF runs I come out with some decent charms, and then I go solo Ancient Tunnels and find Tal's Belt and a Facet. I don't get it. Oh well, I'll take what I can get while maximizing my chances... pubbies here I come! :)

12. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

You can talk loud in public places. You can smell filthy in public places. You can do a lot of annoying things in public places - and there may not be any written rule that works against you.

But yes I should have known that manner is not something we ought to expect on Bnet.

13. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

The only thing i do is kill Eldritch and Shenk in noob baalrun games, those guys are waiting for a portal to appear.

Killing bosses in quest games is lame and selfish. (80% of bnet is)

14. Truncle

Truncle IncGamers Member

I MF public games too, usually just full baal runs, nothing that will mess any quests up. I usually just do the pit. Its fun though the people who get so self rightious (sp is way off sorry) and flame you. Plus i enjoy seeing if i can get invites from everyone in the game.
    But i have to share this story: I made a Diablo for quest game, people joined to help and one person joined to do some MFin, what ever It did not bother me at all. The guy is apparently running the council because he dies. Then while my party is beating the quest, the guy has the nerve to ask for help retreiving his body. Needless to say noone helped him.

15. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Yes, I know what you're saying, the extremes of course should not be allowed.

But manners?

I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but you actually SHOULDNT expect manners on Bnet. After all, the game is meant to be a stress reliever, where people can unwind and take a break from "manners".
    Furthermore, in what way does joining a public game and being quiet and MFing and leaving everybody else alone constitute bad manners?????????????

16. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

What is even the point in mf bosses in questing games? Unless you are in the questing party, they wont drop more than their usual stuff. All you get is a few more exp points.

I too mf in public games, but I dont see how me doing the pit or ancient tunnels will interfer with their quests. Plus, some ppl's reactions are just ridicious. Once, this guy in the party told everyone to squelch me so they can make a new game in secret...