Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

grrr help! nec vs charge/smite pallies

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nightaswz, Apr 24, 2005.

1. nightaswz

nightaswz Diabloii.Net Member

grrr help! nec vs charge/smite pallies

ive been having troubles with these pallies lately. My necro has max block, life in the 2.2k range, 125 fcr, and 56 fhr. However, my 56k connection and necro usually cannot handle the bugginess of charge, especially if the pally has grief. They are able to close distance fast and then smite me, which completely bypasses my blocking and eventually kills me. Is there any specific way to counter them? i do try to tele and bone spirit everywhere constantly but the pallies are able to outrun it with charge. Even decrip seems to have no effect =/

Anyone have any clue as to how my necro can beat a charge + smite pally with the typical high end gear?

2. riath

riath Diabloii.Net Member

What normally works for me is finding a corner and throwing up a couple bone walls. Charge will auto-lock onto the walls, and most of the time they will re-synch and you can spear/spirit them. If you keep a couple spirits in the air at all times, it is very hard for them to get past some walls kill you before the spirits hit and either kill them or put them in hit recovery long enough for you to get off a couple more spirits, or tele away if it looks like you're going to die.

3. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

You can always get a faster internet connection :eek:

4. nightaswz

nightaswz Diabloii.Net Member

i probably wont be getting a faster connection anytime soon. Anyways, ur idea sounds interesting riath. Ill have to try it! thanks
    And about teleing when im about to die, its quite impossible because the kb and stun effect of smite =(

5. Phyrexial

Phyrexial Diabloii.Net Member

Bonewalls will help you a great deal. Also, perhaps try using the blizz sorc tactic of attacking and then teleporting to where your projectiles are going. This means letting off a couple Spirits and then teleporting a little bit ahead of the Spirits which should in theory keep you constantly in a Spirit field of sorts. If he comes close, you should be fairly close to some Spirits that might net you some hits.

6. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos Diabloii.Net Member

Mhh, I think your problem's your connection...

But, anyways, try to keep him OFF the screen, Bone Spirit, and Tele away a little if he moves forward, try to keep im off the screen so he can't charge lock on you, so he'll have to just charge around without aiming at you, use it to your advantage.

Also, in such duels, perhaps Bone Spears can be more effective, since they are faster, and hit anything in it's path, so perhaps try to cut him off with spears while he charges, while teleing away.

Use the mini map.

7. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon Diabloii.Net Member

any good dueler that your are not absorbing will kill you because of your connection. zons and windies and pallies work better than necs on 56k.