Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GRRR! Can someone someday please make THE DEATH PENALTY applicable to STUPID PEOPLE?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by raffster, May 27, 2005.

1. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

GRRR! Can someone someday please make THE DEATH PENALTY applicable to STUPID PEOPLE?

**MAJOR VENT ALERT**

I was carrying a bunch of computer equipment at the lobby making my way to the elevator when this major idiot dude wearing a suit bumped right into me so I almost dropped all the stuff -- that after I already tried to avoid him -- and he had the freaking nerve to look at me like it was my fault he was on his cell phone and wasn't looking. I swear to G-d if I wasn't in a rush and if I wasn't wearing my new Buddhist bracelet I would have invited him to my martial arts gym -- and ask my instructor break some limbs.

I'm thinking about studying law and in the future I'm going to campaign and rally to make DEATH PENALTY the punishment for utter idiocy, disrespect and freaking lack of manners.

2. Freemason

Freemason Banned

It's not the stupidity, it's the suit. He wears a suit and craps rose petals and pees spring water.

That's why I prefer cowboys, construction workers, etc. Men with either horse crap or mud on their boots. You won't find a suit with an attitude standing in a pasture and in a mud lake.

3. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

It's not the suit, it's just the individual in particular. I know plenty cowboys with attitude problems that I would classify as stupid. Some people are just better at showing off their stupidity than others, and considering people wearing business suits tend to live in highly populated areas they are given many more opportunites to share their personalities.

But then again it couldve been the cell phone. I hate those damn things. People are on them like it's a growth attached to their skull, constantly yaking when they could be paying closer attention to where theyre walking, driving, or conversing with people face-to-face.

Incompetant people shouldnt be allowed to carry cell phones. Plain and simple.

4. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

You should use a cart. Then people would stay out of your way. ;)

5. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

That's not very Buddhist of you.

You have a long way to go Grasshopper.

6. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Hey! I wear a suit to work!

*puts "rose petals" on smeg's front porch*

7. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I hate suits

8. raffster

I know Dirty_Zulu. I can't wait for that upcoming ZEN RETREAT in the summer which is the second retreat I am attending this year. I so need it right now.

I honestly think I wouldn't have been that upset if I had just stood there and did nothing so he would actually crash into me. The mere fact I dodged him as skillfully as I could and yet he still managed to run smack into me and give me a "WHY THE F DID YOU BUMP ME" look just destroyed every ounce of enlightenment I have achieved in the last 6 months.

9. raffster

It wasn't really that heavy that the stuff required a cart. It was just bulky so it required much "load balancing". Anyway I learned my lesson. I'll always use a cart from now on. Geeez.........

10. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

I know how you feel.
    Next time just ignore it, most people are assholes anyway.

11. Undisputed Ruler of All

Undisputed Ruler of All IncGamers Member

You know, you can get in trouble for striking someone with a fist, but it's not considered battery or assault if you open hand slap them with your palm.... but if you do that, you might want a witness...

12. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Bzzt. *Bad legal advice warning*

*realizes he is a lawyer wearing a suit*

Oh sh**

Garbad

13. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

No matter how much you despise those people, they pay your salary. Just smile and let it roll off your back. Its better to have a job that none at all.

14. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Self-sacrifice

If we applied the death penalty to stupid people, half the population of Earth would be exterminated.

When you are wronged, just let it go. You don't know why the person was being careless (or a jerk) so you shouldn't get upset unless you know the "why" (and if you know the why, you should be able to let it go).

15. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Besides, calling someone stupid is a pretty generalized statement. Sure, some people do stupid things, but almost everyone is good at something, and useful to someone.

16. raffster

You are right MV. I think stupid or stupidity is too broad and I obviously overgeneralized its usage here. What I'm really referring to is when people are too obnoxious or perhaps even too egotistical to realize how insensitive and disrespectful they are toward others.

17. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

I'm looking for the down side here.

Once there was a death penalty for being stupid. It was enforced by reality. But now we have progress! Now you have to be a _real_ **** up to die from being stupid. So much so that we actually give out an award for it.

18. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

This didn't happenned in NYC did it?

19. raffster

Right in midtown Manhattan it did.

20. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

This may not be a suit thing as a New Yorker thing. You need a vacation... far and away from New York City.