Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Group Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ddevilx, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ddevilx

ddevilx IncGamers Member

Group Suggestions

Hey all

I have a core of 3 friends who play diablo II every tuesday night. We only play hardcore, and we play largely untwinked but on players 8.

We just lost our most recent group, a 4 paladin team, in Act V nightmare (to an amp damage extra strength frenzy minotaur). That team was more for fun, but now we're trying to build a really good group the compliments each other well.

My idea was frenzy barb, fanatic paladin, summon necro and a sorceress.

What would be your four-man dream team?

2. ChrisF

ChrisF IncGamers Member

Re: Group Suggestions

I would say Summoner, Trapper, Zealer/Smiter and any sort of barb so long as he uses warcries (I prefer Whirlwind, but you may have different preferences). You could always replace the barb with a Bowazon so you can thin out the groups from a distance a little more before your Pally and necro go to work.

3. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Singer, Conviction Zealot, Poisonmancer, Light Sorc.

BO, Stun, Conviction, LR, Amp, no AR Issues, Tanks Galore, Port, and well everything you need.

Fana would be nice, and could be done easy, hell there are just so many choices, is more like characters that would be best. Which IMO would be Barb, Paladin, Necro, and a Sorc

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

i think i agree with ChrisF

The beauty of that solution is that each of those chars is strong by itself whereas if you tried anything involving an enchant sorc or a convictadin...those builds just aren't much fun untwinked.

you could replace the pally with most anything, he's not a big deal except he makes the skellies fanatic. replace the barb only with a druid, or replace the trapper with a light zon/sorc or fire sorc

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Convic pally (hammerdin or zealot, don't matter... foh if you want to giggle... hammerdin obviously does better solo untwinked but for group's sake all that matters is the convic)
    Light sorc
    LF zon
    Baba (again, so long as he has BO and shout, it don't matter... zerk, conc, and ww are all fine for solo, or make a singer or thrower... the sorc/zon will mow through everything too quick for him to touch anything)

2 minute hell baals, and able to play through the rest of the game easily as well.

6. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Whoa prion, isn't the beauty of playing in a group the synergy of overlaping skills that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts? It's worked for us so far, for the most part.:rolleyes:

7. prion

prion IncGamers Member

thats easy for you to say, you've got a solid build :laugh:

the whole purpose of a convictadin or an enchant sorc is to boost everyone ELSE's damage, by themselves they got nothin, unless you do it a certain way.

8. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Trapper, fire sorc, conc barb, and a hurricane druid is my favorite (Sub in a necro for the druid if you like). With this team you'll have the three main elements covered, multiple hp buffs, a beefy grizzly and a shadow master and trapper mind blasting and casting cloak of shadows for crowd control.

Lucky

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

So long as you've got kuko or demon machine chant sorcies do fine. Not spectacular, but rather solid.

Also, most pally builds have room for conviction... hammerdin, smiter, and zealot can all work it in (and possibly abuse it eg vs ubermeph), and most other builds are probably sporting it regardless as part of the build.

The singer on the other hand... >.>

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

4 people

Windy
    Summoner
    Pally (Fanatic 1 point Smite)
    Zerker

Now, you could opt for a Sorc instead of Windy but I think she would end up the power killer.....

All 4 of these guys kill "solidly" not super fast and can compliment each other and have high life. YOu could opt the Zerker for a WW guy or even Conc if you want, or even frenzy, the point of him is mostly for the BO. A singer can work....

If you want to obliterate things then you can do all kinds of things, but if you want a good steady group that everyone feels they are having to do things this one works.

As soon as you go adding in Convic, sorcs or hammerdins, even trappers and javas things start jsut dieing too fast for others to have fun.

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

12. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

I agree with Stinger. I think you should specify whether you're looking for kill as fast as possible, or survive and each have a part killing. They are two distinct play styles. Honestly if you wanted to go as fast as possible just grab A Singer/2 Sorcs/Hammeradin with Conviction or A Singer/3 Sorcs.

13. CarpeMortem

CarpeMortem IncGamers Member

I play an avenger as my main char, and can kill practically everything very fast on hell. Only have to watch out for IM and the witches in WSK can be anoying. Only con is that the built is heavy on gear dependancy. Just wanted to state that as a pala with conviction as main aura I 2 to 3 shot most critters in solo play, so its quite viable.

Regards

Carpe

14. prion

prion IncGamers Member

you've made my point
    this an issue untwinked :grin:

15. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Get a fat damage weapon, and it shouldn't be a problem. Its easy to get fat damage weapons with 2 handed:thumbsup:

16. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, I know when I go untwinked I love to ignore that my class has the best Base Resist shields and easiest max block.

For Convic untwinked you're better off going with Convic/Zeal. You can easily shop a 300 light dmg wand which will give you decent kill speed, and later you can grow up into Demon's Arch or Gimmershred and be just fine. Heck, this allows you to toss on Sara's VoR pally setup and rock anywhere.

If IM is an issue I wouldn't suggest throwing on a big 2 handed damage weapon at the expense of resist and easy block.

17. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Hmm.. I thought it was talk about vengeance. My bad :largesad::hang::thumbsdown:

18. ddevilx

ddevilx IncGamers Member

Heh.

Stinger pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to the rationale I used in coming up with the team I suggested. I took the sorc recognizing she'd be pretty nasty, but she doesn't really get any damage buffs from the party. That is to say, I don't think she'll be much nastier than a frenzy barbarian with fanaticism, might, and amp damage.

I didn't want anyone to get relegated to a role where he was really just there for his buffs for others, like a conviction paladin with three sorceresses.

So I tried to pick builds and classes that could do their own thing, but still bring something for the others while still getting something in return.

I really wanted to avoid one-way streets, including in the meta game - I'll take Lower Resist and a sorceress over throwing weapons for Iron Maiden any day. Not that I won't throw them anyway.

I'm really surprised at how many people would have included druids. All the guides I've read leave me with the impression that they're underpowered.

19. robzombiesslave

robzombiesslave IncGamers Member

4 summon necromancer hybrids!! lol it would be a funnyyy sight.

One on summon/curses (uses harmony for vigor and a valk lol): Act II merc with might and infinity runeword for lvl 12 conviction

One on summon/CE: Has a rogue merc for bramble+edge for lvl 35 thorns

One for summon/posion: Act II merc with blessed aim? lol with pride for lvl 20 concentration

One for summon/bone: Has a rogue merc using faith for lvl 15 fanata

Three of them using wisp project for Oak, HOW, and Spirit of barbs

One of them using call to arms for buff? lol

And of course insight iron golem

Just hope you all have good computers.

Auras: lvl 10 vigor, mercs lvl Might, lvl 12 conviction, lvl 35 thorns, lvl 20 concentrate, lvl 15 fanata, meditation, with Oak sage, heart of wolverine, and spirit of barbs. LOL