Groans are in order

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
Here's one:

Has roots nobody sees, is taller than trees, up, up it goes and yet never grows
Of course, Tolkien wrote that before we had a better understanding of orogenesis. Mountains do grow and if you want to see the roots, there are numerous places in the world to do so. Actually, I've got some pieces of the roots on that shelf over there. Then there's the bits I melted. Not much to look at really, but the gold capsules are shiny.

Plus, that part of The Hobbit was so stupid. Well, not so much stupid as every dumbass LARPer feels that speaking in riddles is somehow 'in character.' I guess it's not fair for me to project my dislike for middle earth nerds on to Tolkien.

Gorny

Banned
Of course, Tolkien wrote that before we had a better understanding of orogenesis. Mountains do grow and if you want to see the roots, there are numerous places in the world to do so. Actually, I've got some pieces of the roots on that shelf over there. Then there's the bits I melted. Not much to look at really, but the gold capsules are shiny.

Plus, that part of The Hobbit was so stupid. Well, not so much stupid as every dumbass LARPer feels that speaking in riddles is somehow 'in character.' I guess it's not fair for me to project my dislike for middle earth nerds on to Tolkien.

And to think it would take a dumbass to answer it.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's one:

Has roots nobody sees, is taller than trees, up, up it goes and yet never grows
An overfull directory.

I love that bit. In fact, pretty much all bits of the Hobbit.