Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grizzly vs Valkerie as a meatshield

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Hellspawn, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Hellspawn

Hellspawn IncGamers Member

Grizzly vs Valkerie as a meatshield

I used to use a maxxed valkerie as a meatshield against uber diablo with my javazon, and the valk worked really well. She could take quite a beating! Here are my two questions:

1. I was wondering if I used a grizzly with max oak sage, max dire wolves and 1 point in grizzly if the life and defense of the bear would be comparable to my awesome valk?

2. Does Anyone use a grizzly as a meatshield against Uber Diablo and how well does it work?

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

1. No it wouldn't. Grizzly gains defence and resistances via points in grizzly thus your grizzly won't have much of either if you don't spend points on it. As to whether a maxed grizzly can tank Diablo clone, not neccesarily but with enough +skills and synergies it might stay up long enough to make a difference before it needs to be recast.
    Valkyrie has quite many synergies (d/a/e etc) that make it an excellent tank with all the gear that is spawned on them, grizzly only has life and defence synergies.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I don't know about über Diablo, but during normal play, Grizzly can be an awesome tank...especially with Oak Sage, but good luck keeping OS alive. Just to clarify I also think Valkyrie is a better tank than Grizzly...

4. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

With all the equipment that spawns on a valkrie it is far better than any grizzly could hope for.

5. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

Not sure I would agree there. Its true that valk gainst the d/a/e skills of the zon+ critical strike, but as they go up in levels, bears tend to do a good deal more damage, have greater, ar, defense, and life (although this one isn't always true). the one way to have some fun with it and test it out:: get a high level valk+ a high level grizzly, hostile, and let them duke it out.

--welt