Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

grizzly vs barbarian

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Paulsummoner, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

grizzly vs barbarian

Just wondering if 50 level grizzly can kill tough barbarian, of course with all wolves level 50 and oak sage or HoW? Barbarian is gonna concentrate on grizzly, not on Druid.

2. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Well, keep in mind that the Barbarian would most likely be using WW so he will pretty much kill it along with you without having to zoom-in on the pet.

Level 50 bear can do quite some damage, but then again you wouldn't appreciate the "fun" it would bring to the table as compared to your druid killing the fat barbarian yourself with your own hands. :)

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I believe they can easily leech off these pets? Or am I incorrect.

4. supernerd101

supernerd101 IncGamers Member

If the barb ww's I dont think ur grizzly can touch him but Id like to see him against a concentrate or frenzy or summin without ww. or he could take down other melle druids

5. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

No... the pet(Bear) recieves 3x the damage a char would <-> pvp penalty = 50% so no chance for the bear that deals 1/6 of its damage... besides most barbs (specially conc, and ww) will have to high def though it would be fun to see it fighting a zerker IF the zerker doesn't land a hit in the first blow :p or a barb that is stupid enough to run round the bear :p

6. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

bear

But bear has 8000 life and what is most important 44000 damage with HoW, or it is 155000 damage. By the way I've tried this on arreat summit, while Talik was whirling through bear bear hit him twice on nightmare. I don't know why the f*** there are some stupid penalties like this, why paladin has Thorns limited to so ****ing low percentage. so Let's limit all character's damages, this is not fair. and with Oak bear is gonna have some 30000 life and about 7000 or so damage. I think it will kill barbarian with a single blow, maybe I'm wrong.

7. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

bear

and one more thing, could some one tell me what will be bear's damage with HoW on level 50. I've tried to count but I don't know there is damage of bear displayed 7000 damage and passive bonus 515%, now if I summon HoW, I have +153% damage on level 20, but what damage? 7000 damage or 7000 +515% together?

8. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

lol :p you're way off m8.

First the thorns only applies to the pvp penalty in terms of the damage is reduced by 6... so it would be great with minions I guess ;)
    Secondly the bear doesn't autohit anymore so it wouldn't be able to hit the barb... and for a maxed synergiesed bear(+30skills) with max HoW(+30skills) you would have:

lvl 50 bear/lvl 50 HoW

Bear damage = 7k * 4,63 = 33,7k
    Bear life = 4.5k

So basically if the bear would be dealing 33,7k/12 = 2.8k of damage (though I think I saw in a thread somewhere that it was much lower) but still the AR would be to low I guess, and even with 95% chance to hit the bears attack would be to slow, and with only 50% damage reduction on the bear you would need 4.5k * 2 = 9k of damage to take it down in one hit... so it still isn't a problem for a barb, though it could be nice versus casters as clan_iraq already has posted with his fire druid guide. :)

EDIT: It is 7k alone not 7k *6.15 :uhhuh:

9. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

bear

Did you mention AR maybe you don't know that bear has ITD when strikes with paw

10. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

Bear

Too slow you say and what about Fastest attack speed of bear's attack

11. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

bear

bear has 7293 damage + 515% passive bonus on Slvl 50, and Fast attack speed, it isn't too slow, I have now 26 level bear and 10 lvl HoW and it kills Baal on Nightmare in no time, one on one, that's why I thought it may kill barab, by the way I mentioned that all wolves are gonna be Slvl 50 too, so bear has not 4500 life but 8000 life

12. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

lol :p listen now to me... the bear will have 4.5k life with MAXED wolves and without it will have 1.1k
    The bear won't get the 515% on to the 7k since that is ALREADY displayed.
    Besides the AR is still to low even with maxed synergies, and the bear none the less will die in 1-2 hits from most char's out there...

I think the bears FHR is pretty low so it will also easily get stunned... besides with high HP it will be leeched down to the end ;)

The duel tactic with bear is high HoW with high Bear and then tele on top of the enemy and start using the mainskill meanwhile the bear might get 1 hit off with about 1.5k of damage ^^

So as said before NO it won't stand a chance versus most barbs ;)

13. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

hehehe, this thread reminds of all those nasty campers.

I believe aiming to kill a barb with a pet is a bit too high, no? :)

Perhaps a sorceress or a weaker character but good luck with this project.

14. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

bear again

Well now you listen to me, I have level 26 bear and level 22 wolves and bear has 4600 life, so with lvl 50 wolves it gets 8000 life, not 4500, OK, now about damage, with HoW he gets 36000 damage (it will do not 7000, but 7923 damage,so it's almost 8k) but there is a penalty ok 36k/6 is 6k, but again everybody have 50 % damage resist, so bear will do 3k damage in one hit, and he HAS IGNORE TARGET DEFENSE, why you keep talking about AR and fhr is pretty fast, I cheked it on poor ancients, so two hits, maybe three because of leech, and barb is dead, but if bear would fight BvBer like one in the guide on this side, who has 2500 life and huge damage, he may kill him with one swipe, according to what you did tell me this is right, everything is included, penalty, 50% damage resist, BvBer would have 6k damage, but there is penalty, so he will do about 1k damage.Sorry that I'm so stubborn

15. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

+Skills don't count towards synergy, so you will not have a slvl50 wolf synergy. Only 20, since those are the points you actually put into it.

Your bear will not do 36k damage. I'm pretty sure the +%dmg all adds together, so the boost is not all that large.

This will not kill a good barbarian. Ignore target defense does not work in pvp and so your bear will have trouble hitting them. They can also leech quite a bit off of your bear and stay alive even if they do get hit. Bears can do quite a bit of damage when they hit though.

16. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

MY SUMMONER HAS A LVL. 50 GRIZZLY, 8.5K LIFE, 7.3K DAMAGE; WITHOUT ENHANCEMENTS.

17. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

The main problem of your bear is the swing speed. A ww barb will hit with (I think it is 4 fpa) Meanwhile your bear might hit with 11 fpa or something = 2 hit/second.

Besides as already stated ITG doesn't work in pvp, and the synergy points only goes as the "real" points you invest in them ;)

Btw: I think HoW and Synergies is (synergi%/100+1)*(skill%/100+1) though I'm not 100% sure on that, if not then bear really sux. If it is as stated then the damage should be the 2.7k of damage, but still it is only good versus casters since your bear will probably never hit a 40k pala/barb aso.

Does anyone know the fhr/IAS tables for bear?

18. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Hmm that sounds odd... according to the calculater I use it should have 4.6k of life in hell when spirit is on max :p

19. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

cool bear

You re the man, this is really cool bear, what gear do you have? you know if your bear will fight a barb, he may win, if barb will not go for you, but will fight with bear, bear will maybe kill him. This is really cool bear, I guess he kills everything, by the way I allways wanted to know, if such bear goes on hell in 5 act, will he kill Night Lord, monster that looks like minotaur with one swipe, of course with lvl 50 HoW . Your summoner is a monster with this bear.

20. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

why do you ask if you don't want to listen? :-(