Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Griswolds Legacy

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Imortaldead, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Imortaldead

Imortaldead IncGamers Member

Griswolds Legacy

can anyone tell me where the thread is that tells you about a build for this set, i think it was a zeal/smite, but it sead what was best to put in the socets and what you should where with it, to make the best use of it ^^

Thank you to all that respon

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Griswolds Legacy

Don't bother wasting jewels on it, there is much better gear.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=572924

With an elite shield, sockets galore, and only four of ten spots taken (not including switch), it's capable of many things. It's not the be-all-and-end-all of gear for any build, though, which is normally why you see so many people badmouth it.

4. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

Make a pvp foher with this set, socket everything with 5/5 light facet. have anni, torch, 9x comb GC. you'll be surprise how many unprepared people you can kill in pubs with this set.

5. Bliphgar

Bliphgar IncGamers Member

Or make an abbot with it, aka socket it with "Damaged reduced by" jewels or sol runes. Make sure it's a hard number and not a %. Coupled with some usual DR% and prayer synergied Cleanse (or meditiation) and high resists, you've got yourself an invincible pally (for pvm at least).

6. Imortaldead

Imortaldead IncGamers Member

I just got the set and was not sure what elts to put on the paly to go with the set and make it work in the game so i can zeal/smite stuff maby even a diablo clone or some obers^^

7. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

I have a fully loaded PvP Gris FoH'er. I used to have your average FoH Stick/Griffs FoH'er. I eventually sold him and bought a nice fully socketed Gris Set. Works great :)

8. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

the best thing is people won't expect your damage would be That high.

9. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

/vouch.

i've been meaning to build one for some time....:prop:

or their resists to be that bad.

there's the rub with griz-set fohers. peeps are used to stacking out a conviction aura. another 60% over and above the 'viction is a bit beyond most duellers stash-kit.

10. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

i am almost done with my gris foher, the only thing i need is the 12x 5/5 facet ^^. I put my previous foher's equipment in the stash cuz it'll be too much trouble to make another foher.

11. Paercival

Paercival IncGamers Member

Gris set may not be the be all and end all of the pally build, especially for a smiter, but sometimes style points>power.

I still haven't socketed anything but the shield on my smiter, and he's doing quite fine. Aside from IM, he can tank just about anything. In addition to the gris set, he's wearing thundergods, gore riders, dwarf star, ravenfrost, draculs grasp, and a dual leech ammy.

Because he hasn't socketed ber into the weapon yet, CB is still low... but with life tap, and a decent holy shield, he stands in front of anything (haven't done the ubers yet... working on gathering stuff to do them) and tanks beats it while someone else does damage.

I haven't played in a long time before recently, and i remember hell lister to be ridiculous, but he really isn't a problem with this guy. And by "isn't a problem," I mean I haven't had to use a potion with lister yet.

Will things change when I do an ubers run? Possibly, but I'm not planning on running them until I have a ber at least in the weapon. For now, this guy works really well.