Griswolds for a fanat Zealot?

sorcynecro

Diabloii.Net Member
Griswolds for a fanat Zealot?

I've noticed that Griswolds has a lot of sockets - 2 in helm and 3 in armour - and was wondering whether it is worth chasing a full set for my fanat zealot?

With the 3 socket armour can you make a runeword on top of the set properties?

EJB

Diabloii.Net Member
I've noticed that Griswolds has a lot of sockets - 2 in helm and 3 in armour - and was wondering whether it is worth chasing a full set for my fanat zealot?

With the 3 socket armour can you make a runeword on top of the set properties?
Whether or not Gris set is good for a fanatazealot, Some one else will come around to answer that. But you can't make runewords in any magical, set or unique. Just think of the godly armors you could make if that was possible...

EJB

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, Griswold's zealot is viable, but there are better (and also cheaper) gear alternatives in runeword/uniques department.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Just fyi: The Shield and the Scepter both have 3 sockets as well, for a total of 11 holes. Deffinetly lots of place to put things but like EJB said, no runewords.

-hps

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I would put pDiamonds in the shield, 15% Attack Speed jewels in the weapon and helm, and probably in the armor, too. That would be some serious speed. Maybe, if you can find any that aren't duped, sustitute those for 40/15s.

NeoKnuckles

Diabloii.Net Member
I really really want a griswold's. I have I think two pieces of it.
It'll probably be less effective than my current zealot set-up, but I think it's a really cool set, and it's cool to have just for the sake of having a character based around a set item. There are tons of customizable options

I think it's totally worth it to build a gris zealot (if you have gris set) and totally worth it to seek out the pieces, though don't kill yourself over trying to find it all!

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Griswolds would work for a zealot. I would be inclined to fill the weapon up with ed/min or ed/max if you have it as the caddy is pretty easy to get to a 4 fps zeal with the built in 40% ias already and fervor jewels work anywhere. A couple of diamonds/ums/prismatic jewels in the shield should fix up the resists nicely. Then you can add whatever you like in the rest. I don't like MF because hey, you got the griss set, your already obviously got MF sorted out elsewhere. Off weapon ed or a bunch of min/max damage jewels can help. 40% off weapon ed isnt much, but 200% is.

Finally top off with laying of hands or life tap gloves, string or verdungo's, life/mana leech rings and gore riders.

Off course, imho, griswolds suits other pally builds better than zealots, but the set works well for any melee pally build, so the final choice is yours.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
11 sockets filled with SOL ... physical immunity. Oh wait... only 8, since that won't work in the caddy. Still a lot of pdr. Add some 24 PDR ammy ...

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe a vengeance/conviction pally with full gris, facets in each socket?
No.

Facets don't offer enough of a damage boost to warrant. A better choice damage wise is min/max damage jewels because the damage from these stack directly with the weapon damage before vengeance damage is calculated.
facets negative to targets resistances stack for breaking immunities, but as this value is reduced via the calculation and the fact that an avenger does cold, fire, lightning and physical damage, then breaking any single immunity is low priority for an avenger anyway. Grissies full of facets is for aura builds, tesladin, freezer or even holy fire.

My own griswold avenger does just over 6 kay average damage at 8fps using min/max damage and if you search for a post by disconeck ted, his min damage grissy avenger is doing 8 kay average damage at 9 fps. Grissies and avengers equals insane damage.