Griswold's armor .. sockets?

bruticus

Diabloii.Net Member
Griswold's armor .. sockets?

hi all - i found a Griswold's set ancient armor last night for my hammerdin .. i'm wondering what other people have used the sockets for?

i have some meager jewels, a bunch of pgems, etc.

i'd like to be able to run Uber D eventually with this char, and possibly key hunt.

any thoughts?

Gorny

Banned
bruticus said:
hi all - i found a Griswold's set ancient armor last night for my hammerdin .. i'm wondering what other people have used the sockets for?

i have some meager jewels, a bunch of pgems, etc.

i'd like to be able to run Uber D eventually with this char, and possibly key hunt.

any thoughts?
If you want to run Uber D and keyhunt with that character, Griswold's armor is not the best option.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
You can put PAmethysts into the sockets for some strength, or Tal/Ral/Ort/Thul if you're looking for some hefty bonuses to individual resists. I wouldn't put in anything too expensive in Gris' armor though.

BluzMan

Banned
Many people use this as starting MF gear with 3 topazes. Amethysts are also a nice thing since it gives (IIRC) 50 strength with them. Good thing for a merc to wield that Colossus Voulge.

bruticus

Diabloii.Net Member
good to know - thanks for the responses. i think i'll end up putting in 3Ptops and get started on finding some good armor =)

xXxXshadowXxXx

Diabloii.Net Member
I could swear Grisworld armor is an Ornate Plate =S

I know one of the few I had, i put ral tal ort and slapped in my merc for resists..Worked pretty good.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Evrae Altana said:
You can put PAmethysts into the sockets for some strength, or Tal/Ral/Ort/Thul if you're looking for some hefty bonuses to individual resists. I wouldn't put in anything too expensive in Gris' armor though.
ditto. these are your best options.

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
TurbulentTurtle said:
Put a Cham rune in there for the +5% maximum Cold res.
I assume that's a joke, but that would actually provide "can not be frozen".

And for what it's worth, my first edition of D-clone hunter used Griswold's with 3 ED jewels in it. I later upgraded him to a Duress.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I think this is a very useful merc armor and for that purpose I insert IAS jewels, but I replace it with Treachery in an eth cube bugged armor as soon as I have one.