Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

griswolds armor sockets

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by alexisonfire, Feb 11, 2004.

1. alexisonfire

alexisonfire IncGamers Member

griswolds armor sockets

i picked u a griswolds heart with 3 sockets and i was wondering if this could be an endgame armor for my shock pally. i suppose an arkaines valor/runeword armor would be better, but i dont think i have the funds for those...so what do you think i should socket in it though? i dont have any good jewels, think i should try 3 ptopaz for some mf boost? or ber for DR, or IAS...

side note: when people talk about MF and they say like 300% mf, do they mean on top of the 100% you inheirently have? or 300% total (so 200% added on.) thanks!

2. alexisonfire

anyone.....

3. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

When most people refer to MF, if i understand correctly, they are refering to all MF added to the base 100% Thus if i said i have 280%MF, that would = 380% in total.

As for your Shock question, it's common to P.Topaz it up, although 3 P. Rubies isnt all that bad either. If your low on dex or strength, Amythests or Emeralds can fill the order. It would be easier to judge what other socketing options would be appropraite if you would tell what what you use/plan on using/have access to.

4. alexisonfire

i have a lvl 74 shockadin using as of right now, a Shako, LS, Gris Heart, The Ward Shield (sucks i know), String of Ears, Cresent moon ammy, some MF rings, and some unique boots and gloves.

slvl 22 holy shock
    slvl 24 resist lightning
    slvl 20 salvation
    slvl 6 holy shield
    and points in vengance and conviction

i plan on getting a cresent moon phase blade runeword (all i need is a 3 socket phase now), and a HoZ. maybe trying to get a leviation armor or arkaines.

another stupid question: after you make a runeword, can you then go and add a socket to it? or will it not work or void the runeword?

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

You cannot socket anything that already got sockets.