Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Griswold Paly, What Build? [LADDER]

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GriswoldsLegacy, Jan 30, 2004.

1. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

Griswold Paly, What Build? [LADDER]

I'm trying to decide between using these 3 auras.

Fanaticism
    Concentration
    Holy Shock

I'm leaning towards fanaticism because my sceptre has 4x ed/max jewels in it. (378% ed / +50 max) and the damage is 176 - 255. I've heard that other zealots are more successful. I have also heard that holy shock griswoldadins do well too... So i was wondering.

Would a different gear setup for a zealot be more successful? I know a crescent moon phase blade is THE weapon for this build. But grizzy's set doesnt allow it.

As for concentration, i know its posibble to to get 4fps with a caddy (espically with grizzy since its gor 40% ias on it).

So im pretty much lookin for people who have had experience with the set and would recommend a build.

2. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

To make it work with a shocker, fill the sockets with facets...pricey eh

3. GriswoldsLegacy

heh yea, and im a perfectionist and i wouldnt settle for anything less than 5/5 which cost a fortune

4. stern_slade

stern_slade IncGamers Member

hmm

perfectionist on a game, well lets try to think of some other pally builds now why dont we =p

5. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

I'm not sure what the base ED is on that, but if you're a perfectionist then its a little low... You'll want 410% if you want perfect ED I suppose...

maybe call him an Analdin.

6. GriswoldsLegacy

well i'm a perfectionist to a point. I also think realistically. I know i am not going to get a 240/4 caddy and 4x 4015max jewels. Btw 400 is the most ed you can get on it without ohm runes. But if it were something like boots/gloves/helm, i would want perfect stats.

7. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

My bad, I thought it read 200-250, instead its 200-240. Oops :)

8. Cain

Cain IncGamers Member

My Griswold Pally is a Zealot. It works quite well. Although the damage isn't too high 2k-3k, the 250% damage to undead on the caddy and 350% damage to demons on LoH make a big difference. Add gore riders for deadly strike and I deal some nice damage. I have a 40ed and 36ed jewel in the caddy and would like to finish it off with 2 Lo runes for more Deadly Strike.

9. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

My Griswold Guy is a Telsadin with Vengeance as backup. Lightning Facets were a bit pricy, but I got them!

Let me tell you, I own everything not Lightning Immune. Lightning Immunes eat Vengeance with Conviction!

10. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Freezealot!

Be different and go with Holy Freeze (with Resist Cold for syn, then either Salvation for more cold or Sacrifice for more physical) and Zeal as your main skills. The weapon is so fast that its perfect for delivering the awesome cold damage... by level 80ish you'll be dealing 1000+ cold damage per hit.

I've done this build three times now on hardcore ladder and it owns even without elite gear... the trick is to load up on crushing blow, which you can do via Gore Riders/Goblin Toe, some gloves and runes in the weapon. You'll be ripping through everything with that set due to the massively consistent damage, and best of all you wont be totally reliant on trying to milk as much physical as possible out of it.

A thought =)

11. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

OK, lets say that I am a hammerdin and the only real reason I want to use the set is because of the aura with the full set (so I am a little narcistic - hehe). With 2 Pdiamonds in the Shield I have max resists in hell (50 set bonus, 45 shield, 5 helm, 30 anya, 18 annihilus). I am a poor man and don't plan on putting anything other than Pgems, or runes lower than PUL in the set (maybe if there were any decent jewels?). I was thinking 3 Prubies in Armour, 2 PSaffires in Helm, but did not know what to put in the weapon or remaining slots in Shield. I would be using Trangs glove, Aracanid mesh, and Waterwalks. FCR rings (10% each that happen to have extra resists). All I have is a +2 pally amulet.

What I am lacking is FCR (I need 15% more to hit 75%) and DR (Ber's are way to expensive). Fast Hit recovery would be nice, I have a few small charms. I could always use String of ears for DR, or thundergods for Lightning absorb, and Rising sun for fire absorb, but I would be loosing in Plus skills (not a big deal for hammerdin). Do any amulets have 15% FCR (I have seen 10%, but I would be 5% short still and no rune/gem/jewel I have seen has any or can jewels get FCR?).

Another option would be IO's in weapon (health is alway nice), and Puls's in Shield (3 = +90% defence (now is that on my entire defence or just the shield) and I would use Mara's for the extra resistance in that situation(heck if I have enough reists, I could use 4 PUL's in sheild). Shael in the Armor/helm would get me FHR (how much is needed to be effective?).

When I magic find I would be alone and not in a party, so I would change to my mf gear in that situation. This is mainly for PvM, maybe an occational PvP when there are some PK'ers in a game, softcore.

I would appreciate any comments.