Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gris zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Paercival, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Paercival

Paercival IncGamers Member

Gris zealot

I'm making a zealot/1pt smiter using griswold's set. (Yes, I know there is more effective gear to use. Aura>>perfect gear).

Anyrate, my equipment, aside from gris set is gore riders, thundergods, draculs grasp, raven frost, probably a second raven frost, and a rare mana leech +12 resist all and other minor stats amulet.

I'm going to socket at least one ber rune in the weapon, maybe 2, to get either 35% or 55% CB. I want to socket a jah for ignore target defence. The shield will probably get at least one um or pdiamond for resist all, though it might get three if my brother and I decide to make this character our uber tristram runner.

I'm not sure what to put in the helm and armor, though. Enhanced damage jewels? Is that the best option?

Also, with prereqs, zeal, sacrifice, and fanatacism maxed, and 4 points into holy shield, I'm pondering what to do with the rest of my points. HS is obviously a great choice for defence, but the points might be better spent elsewhere. it doesn't seem like maxing smite is really worth it, vengeance only needs one point, and one point in salvation is plenty. Other ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Gris zealot

Throw 3 pdiamonds in the shield, unless you can afford to throw 3 Ums in there, I use that shield for solo ubers and do it fine. Get a metalgrid ammy or another ammy with res, you won't need mana leech, I have none and don't even lose mana when zealing or smiting because it only costs 2 mana.

Make sure you have draculs for the lifetap. Get gore riders for more CB, 50% if a good amount to have, any less is not good enough and any higher just increases the speed a bit.

ED jewels if you can get 40's but ED doesn't matter that much, the CB is what takes their life down. Probably just socket with whatever you need once you have all your gear.

I would put some points into defiance to help boost your HS defense, there aren't any other skills you have to put points in, just some 1 point wonders like vigor and redemption.