Gris Set and Ubers

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member
Gris Set and Ubers

Has anyone ever used the set to take down the ubers (both minis and main)? With dracs available for tap, 4 sockets for CB, and 8 for resists, I would imagine it would be something of a cakewalk (especially if built Smite/Zeal, since then regular PvM wouldn't be a drag).

Smackin

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Gris Set and Ubers

I imagine it'd be cakewalk, but it's gonna take a while after CB takes out the main chunk of hp. Smiting with 2k and smiting with 10k is different, not to mention 8 ums and 4 bers. On NL it wouldnt make a diff since grief cost alot anyway, but on ladder no one is gonna stick 4 bers in a gris caddy and go smite some diablos.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

I imagine it'd be cakewalk, but it's gonna take a while after CB takes out the main chunk of hp. Smiting with 2k and smiting with 10k is different, not to mention 8 ums and 4 bers. On NL it wouldnt make a diff since grief cost alot anyway, but on ladder no one is gonna stick 4 bers in a gris caddy and go smite some diablos.
Cool, all I needed to know. Thanks! Also, I figured once they were slivered I'd Zeal as minion clustering allowed, since it would probably finish the job quicker.

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member

You can do just fine with 2k Smite damage, i've done with less on HC. And just Smite them the whole way.

Just were some Goblin Toes for the 25% CB, and you should be set. It may not be alot, but its enough to work. Sheal the Caddy IMO. Then the Drac's like you said, and you should be fine. Fill the shield with Diamonds, and you can even put Ral/Ort's in the armor sockets since poison isn't as important and neither is cold assuming Raven along with the ability to use Thawing/Antidote potions. Life Tap wand on switch for precasting, and your good to go.

Smackin

Diabloii.Net Member

i dont see the point in shaeling the caddy, since u got fanat+ -10 wsm+40ias on caddy already. top it with hilords for another 20% ias and u should have very nice zeal/smite, i'd go eths, -def allows zeal to be more effective than smite.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

i dont see the point in shaeling the caddy, since u got fanat+ -10 wsm+40ias on caddy already. top it with hilords for another 20% ias and u should have very nice zeal/smite, i'd go eths, -def allows zeal to be more effective than smite.
If I used Eth's it'd be 2 and 2 with Ber's, since I want at least 50% CB. With Gores on, that'd be 55%, and about 50% DS with Highlords at lvl 90. I'd thought about throwing cheaper runes in as well, figure so long as he's stacked over meph's conviction aura, he's set. What is the -res on his aura, anyhow?

ambid

Diabloii.Net Member

If I used Eth's it'd be 2 and 2 with Ber's, since I want at least 50% CB. With Gores on, that'd be 55%, and about 50% DS with Highlords at lvl 90. I'd thought about throwing cheaper runes in as well, figure so long as he's stacked over meph's conviction aura, he's set. What is the -res on his aura, anyhow?
Mephs convi is -125% iirc.

I got a griss set smiter that soloes uber trist easily. He remains 75 all resists under mephs conviction without fade prebuff or salvation.

AbbaZabba

Diabloii.Net Member

I have an older setup that has yet to expire. Set has a 4ber caddy, 2 ber helm, cham/um/um shield and 3 ber armor. Dracs for the tap make it quite simple. Its a great overall build for a V/T, and though the + to skills are not absurd, overall its a very well balanced character. He did well in pvp as well versus just about every type of build baring the occasional grief smiter. This guy was never a ladder character, so Grief pallys are somewhat rare. I have a second caddy that I have used as well, using 2ber/2 um for higher open wounds. This is a bit "cheaper" and with higher HP enemies, just as effective IMHO.

On a side note, with the right rings you can eazily never put any points into anything but vitality. Sure he looks naked, but he glows lol.

AbbaZabba

Diabloii.Net Member

It's very doable, and besides... glow >>>>>>>> grief
Absolutley. I logged on earlier for longer than to renew my character. He has a decent load-out of skill charms.

Overall he is a V/T, and I did not look at the specific levels of skills. I made this character RIGHT after 1.10 hit. His skills are only ones needed for PVP V/t setup. At level 91 I managed one point in salvation.

FOH was rated at 4k
Smite was rated at 2.3k max.

Overall, not huge, but I can say that PVM is quite simple.

I put 100% of all points into vitality, as I didnt need more with the rings I use. The cham in the shield frees up a ring slot. There are plenty of fun rings with stats etc....Its also fun to load up on wisps and tgods belt. Tgods is ABSOLUTLEY Necessary. Maras ammy is necessary as well.

With my mediocre CTA he hits 3.4k hitpoints. Let me know if you need any info. Also I may have a seperate set for trade. Send me a pm, since it is similar socketed if you are interested and I can find all the stuff Id love to off it to someone that would use it and appreciate it. (Ber ber um um caddy/ cham um um armor/3ber shield/2 ber helm)

Just because there are tons of high runes in here, Id love to say that I traded legitimatley for them right here on this forum years ago.

J