Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gris Caddy Socketing

Discussion in 'Druid' started by skygoneblue, Apr 14, 2005.

1. skygoneblue

skygoneblue IncGamers Member

Gris Caddy Socketing

So I just scored a 240 ED Gris Caddy, :) and I thought I would try out a Werewolf for ****s and giggles.

I did a search and it seems like most people recommend 3 ed/ias jewels (I'll just say 40/15, because that is what everyone on NL uses) and a Lo rune for PvP. Does the same go for PvM, or do you think there is a better socketing option? Ber for more CB?

Also, what is a good range of damage to expect with a Gris Caddy and 120ED worth of jewels in it?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Gris Caddy is one of the weps that my werewolf used!

First off, it gives you that nice crunchy sound when you hit someone :cool: .

Second, its damage is right up there with the best like cmsq's or ccsq's (if these things are still around).

I would definitely recommend ed/ias jewels and a Lo rune assuming you can handle the budget. Don't put Ber rune on it, for god's sake!

Assuming you're fully setup, I believe my damage with caddy was around 2.7k-4k? I have no clue man, it's been a long time since I checked out my smexy druids.

edit:
    Actually, I wouldn't put a Lo rune in there. One Lo rune is pretty much useless by itself accompanied by ed/ias jewels. If you can hit the max frame speed with one or two ed/ias jewels, maybe for the third socket you can put an ed/max one.

3. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

You need 3 of the ed/ias jewels and Lo is acutally fairly usefull coupled with other items that give ds. IMO, I think an ebotz zerker is better. You give up some speed, but the damage gain is worth it.

4. skygoneblue

Well, this would just be for PvM. I could go 3x40/15 IAS and 1x40/15Max. I do have a 15 maxer around, so that would work out nicely! :)

What about my armor; is Enigma worth it for PvM, or should I go with Chains of Honor instead? I was thinking:

Jalals with ED/Min Jewel (from Khara)
    Highlord's
    Gris with ED/IAS/Max Jewels
    CoH
    Stormshield with Ber
    Bloodfist/Dracs
    2x BK rings
    Trang's Belt
    Gore Riders

Is this looking like an ok setup for PvM?

5. skygoneblue

Well, I have access to either one; Lo or ED/Max. Man, if only this were all black and white! :lol:

6. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Yes :). In fact I don't see why he can't be a PvP as well? Just switch out some stuff as you go through and he should do fine PvPing! :)

7. skygoneblue

Cool, thanks man!

Even though I did the math, and Lo ended up adding slightly more damage over an average of 5 hits than the ED/Max, I ended up going with 3 ED/IAS and 1 ED/MAX in my Caddy. So I got a total of 85 IAS and 160 ED with 15 MAX damage on top of it all. I think my damage is roughly 185-230+. Sounds decent to me! :)

Also, what do you think about doing a hybrid with the Carrion Wind bug? I think pure Fury PvM might get kinda boring, and Rabies could definitely speed up the mass desctruction! :D

Jalal's with ED/Min Jewel
    Highlords (anything better?)
    Caddy
    CoH
    Stormshield w/ Ber
    Trang's Gloves
    Carrion Wind
    Trang Belt
    BK or Dual Leech ring
    Gores

I'm sure my previous setup could go PvP, but I just find dueling irritating more often than not. Everyone is just disrespectful and foul-mouthed; it's not a nice way to enjoy your game, you know? :)

8. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

if ur going pvm, get a 2 hander :D
    big leech and no risk of 'block locked'

upped ribcracker
    tombreaver
    any ebotd 2 hander
    etc...

-jordy :king:

9. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

IK Maul rocks too. :uhhuh:

10. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Unfortunately the ed/min jewel in your Jalal's is a bit waisted. What happens is: your +min dmg gets counted, but the ed works only on the max dmg, not on the min. Look around in the statistics forums and you can find more elaboration on this.

11. skygoneblue

I had pondered using an EbotdGPA too just for the heck of it, but I like the speed of Gris Caddy a lot! :)

I knew about the Min jewel not working. I also have a Jalal's with a 40/15 Max in it, and that isn't doing much good either. But to be honest, until I find a 40ED/FHR or some mod that works in wereform, I am not going to be too upset about it. The 40ED is the most important thing IMO.

12. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

heh heh, don't forget the crunchy sound that Gris Caddy makes!! :D

13. skygoneblue

Agreed! :lol: Don't worry guys; I am totally hearing you recommend BotD, but I just want to try something a little different. :)