Grilled Ham and Cheese vs. Ham and Cheese

Gator vs. Croc

  • Alligator

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crocodile

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude, are you out of your mind? They're the same...

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Grilled Ham and Cheese vs. Ham and Cheese

Curious to know, is there any health difference between the two? Clearly, the grilled iteration seems less healthly because it's greasy and fried, but if it's just done on a Foreman grill or something, is it really any less healthy than a non-grilled version? Or does grilling it just unleash grease from the ham and cheese?

Regardless, I'm havin a grilled guy for lunch today. I love my grease, and there's no sense in hiding it by not heating it up enough to unlock it.

And for kicks, I'll make a poll outta which is tastier.
 
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Grilled. Ask yourself, do you really want to live 10 more years over 70?

Garbad
Maybe...I mean, it might be neat to see the day that Ash's post count is so long it wraps down to the next line.
 

Draconis

Diabloii.Net Member
If you make a ham and cheese sandwich and grill it, the only difference in the grilled one will be that some of the fat melts and dribbles out to freedom. Thus the grilled one will be healthier! (Although not healthy.)
 
Plain ham and cheese usually has mayo and/or mustard on it. I don't usually grill the sandwich on a greasy pan; instead, I'll toast the ham on one slice of bread, the cheese on the other (yeah in a toaster oven of course doh), with no mayo, butter or anything else on it, then slap 'em together. So in essence, it's healthier that way and my kids like it as well.

This is the way to make tuna melts (total yummage), salami melts, any kind of melts you wish to melt.
 

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I have never had a ham & cheese, grilled or not.

I do enjoy grilled cheese with tomato soup however. Dipping for the win!


EDIT:

MixedVariety said:
This is the way to make tuna melts (total yummage)
Agreed!!
 

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
I was planning on having a grilled ham and cheese or two with a bowl of my grandmothers homemade vegetable soup tonight actually.
 

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not a fan of ham and cheese sandwiches, but I'll take anything grilled over not grilled. That is, assuming it is ok grilled in the first place. Like grilled cantalope would be bad...

EDIT: Ohhh....grilled ham sammich and chicken noodle soup...I'm actually salivating over just saying that.
 

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
Plain ham and cheese usually has mayo and/or mustard on it. I don't usually grill the sandwich on a greasy pan; instead, I'll toast the ham on one slice of bread, the cheese on the other (yeah in a toaster oven of course doh), with no mayo, butter or anything else on it, then slap 'em together. So in essence, it's healthier that way and my kids like it as well.

This is the way to make tuna melts (total yummage), salami melts, any kind of melts you wish to melt.
the mayo is the best part. it gets all mixed up with the gooey cheese.
 
piff said:
I'm not a fan of ham and cheese sandwiches, but I'll take anything grilled over not grilled. That is, assuming it is ok grilled in the first place. Like grilled cantalope would be bad...

EDIT: Ohhh....grilled ham sammich and chicken noodle soup...I'm actually salivating over just saying that.
I agree with this post entirely. Fruits/mellons should never be heated, ever.


Chicken Noodle + Ham sammich > Ham sammich + Tomato soup.
 
Top