Griffon's or Dream and What Shield?

OmegaHatred

Diabloii.Net Member
Griffon's or Dream and What Shield?

What should my Javazon use...Griffon's With a Lightning Facet or Dream Helm? Also what would be a good shield to use?

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
assuming your a lightning baised javazon and not a poison or physical; then griffons will be tons better.

As for shields it depends more on what you're lacking, faceted JMoD, phoenix, spirit, stormshield are some of the choises.

OmegaHatred

Diabloii.Net Member
re:

assuming your a lightning baised javazon and not a poison or physical; then griffons will be tons better.

As for shields it depends more on what you're lacking, faceted JMoD, phoenix, spirit, stormshield are some of the choises.
What is a faceted JMoD? Is there a link for a pic?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
JMoD is jewelers Monarc of Deflecting usualy socket with 4*5/5 light facet on Light ama.

Extremly rare shield, dont count on ever get one.
It can only be found or roled with cube+P gems.
Cant be shopped.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
As Summerfun said, extremly rare, and valuable. Easily 100+ hrs, no idea how high they really can go... here's a price cheak on one.

Just mentioned it because it's considdered a top choise, never had one and most likely never will, rather go with one of the other shields; phoenix is nice for mana+life replenishing; ss for block, res and dr; spirit for skills, res, mana and fhr.

there are also other shields ofc, like santuary for huge res and some other ... but I haven't really compaired them all ...

OmegaHatred

Diabloii.Net Member
re:

As Summerfun said, extremly rare, and valuable. Easily 100+ hrs, no idea how high they really can go... here's a price cheak on one.

Just mentioned it because it's considdered a top choise, never had one and most likely never will, rather go with one of the other shields; phoenix is nice for mana+life replenishing; ss for block, res and dr; spirit for skills, res, mana and fhr.

there are also other shields ofc, like santuary for huge res and some other ... but I haven't really compaired them all ...
Is it hard to get Max Block with Phenoix? or does it depend on the shield? Also what does everyone else use?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, i myself uses 2 shields. (actualy 3)

Storm shield socket with 15ias/15all res
Jewelers Kite shield of deflecting socket 3* 5/5 light
Jewelers Tower shield of deflecting socket 3*5/5 light

Storm is for pvp when i need Max block and DR.

Kite is when i dont need max DR or block, but FrW
Tower when i need Max block and can be a bit slower with out FrW

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it hard to get Max Block with Phenoix? or does it depend on the shield? Also what does everyone else use?
the only thing you have to considder when determining if a shield will require much dex to get max block is the block percentage on the shield. Phoenix needs 4 sockets, meaning it will be made in a monarch mostly for non pala chars, the runeword itself doesn't have any bonuses to the blocking, meaning it's on the same blocking percentage as spirit monarch = 300+ dex needed at higher lvls for max block.

tinncann25

Diabloii.Net Member
gah!

Stormshield is underrated by everyone. If you dont pvm then stormshield is as good if not a better choice than jmod. In melee pvp storm gives you pdr and block. For casters it gives you resistance. Its got everything you want, except for skills.