Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

griffon's eye help.. fact or fiction?..

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by muteownz, Mar 22, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

griffon's eye help.. fact or fiction?..

i've heard that griffons eye doesnt work with trap assassins.. something to do with cus traps are classed as summons and the - resists and % damage from it doesnt work... yet i saw today a trap assassin wearing it ( he showed me ) it seemed like it was working too his traps hurt bad. my traps didnt do much. does anyone know this? do griffons work for trap assassins?...

thanks.

- joe

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It's a fact. Traps are classified as minions and thus don't get the benefits from +% Lightning dmg and -% enemy resistance.

3. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

are you sure?? i have an mageslayer assassin who regularly duels trap assassins. i encountered a griffon's eye user, and with fade i usually do not take much damage from them, but this one tore me up in a few hits. in field testing, i would say that it DOES work. can anyone confirm? i mean sure it's not SUPPOSED to work due to them being minions, but in actual gameplay, i'd have to say it does. same holds true with a lightning sorc i saw using crescent moon runeword.

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Crescent moon is supposed to work for lightning sorc afaik.

I'll try to test the griffon thing when I have time(can't play that much, stupid school), and my friend is online (i myself don't have a trapsin). How many times do you think I should test it before I can be sure ? Because the trap dmg varies a lot... Perhaps someone else can test it, but if nobody does, i'll do it :)

5. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

this is why i'm confused. people say it doesnt work. yet i see trap asns using them all the time. someone told me their's uses like 4 light facets ( which i also heard doesnt stack damage) and griffons. i dont have the items to test this. but that asn that had griffions ripped me apart even tho i had 85 light resists. and like 3k life.

6. hv)pheonix

hv)pheonix IncGamers Member

in the stat screen when i put a light facet on it helps the dmg of traps but i think thats the only part that does help(+ to light skill dmg) since they are considered summons the - to res shouldnt

7. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I don't know if Girffon works but getting ripped apart by trapper even with 85 %lighting reistance is nothing suprising. I have dueled quite a few trappers with my paladin and a fully synergized lightning trapper can still hurt even with 85 % LR. I had 85 % LR and was wearing Tgod and was still taking major damage. The only way I could almost negate damage was to use a togd + guadian angel + a Lo Shako. It's pretty simple 10k damage traps just hurt not matter if Griffon work or not.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Yep, the Lying Character Screen claims Griffon's Eye increases lightning dmg from traps, but it does not.

Neither mod works for traps.

9. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

oh, yeah whoops on the light sorc (duH) wasn't thinking straight on that.

ok, so griffons doesn't work on traps. that's funny, since so many "elite" trapsins i meet use them, and the only benefit they are getting is from the +skills.

so that means griffons is only helpful on FOH/avenger paladins, light sorcs, and light zons.

thanks.

10. Niabock

Niabock IncGamers Member

question: if you put facets on your merc, does the -res help you? same q for cresant moon on merc.

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

No and the +% dmg doesn't work for you either.

The -res and +% dmg only work on the player/merc equipped with it.