Griffon's Eye better than shako for a pvp trapper?

desolati0n

Diabloii.Net Member
Griffon's Eye better than shako for a pvp trapper?

I'm planning on using a -20%/13% Griffon's Eye with a -5/4 light facet, so its (-25%/17%). I've looked through the guides for trappers and I haven't really seen anyone mention griffons eye yet or the use of lightning facets. Which also brings up another question. Does -N% enemy lightning resist and +N% to lightning dmg from Griffon's and facets work with traps? or do the traps count as minions and the bonuses don't work with them? I also really like the Griffon's because of the 25% faster cast rate which can help you reach the 125% fcr break point so you can teleport faster(with enigma) and mind blast will be more effective for stun lock.

Gilaim

Diabloii.Net Member
desolati0n said:
I'm planning on using a -20%/13% Griffon's Eye with a -5/4 light facet, so its (-25%/17%). I've looked through the guides for trappers and I haven't really seen anyone mention griffons eye yet or the use of lightning facets. Which also brings up another question. Does -N% enemy lightning resist and +N% to lightning dmg from Griffon's and facets work with traps? or do the traps count as minions and the bonuses don't work with them? I also really like the Griffon's because of the 25% faster cast rate which can help you reach the 125% fcr break point so you can teleport faster(with enigma) and mind blast will be more effective for stun lock.

The +% to lightning skill damage should still help out your lightning traps. However, the -% to enemy resistance will *not* help your traps, as each trap is considered a minion and the -% to enemy resistance is on your equipment, not the minion's.

I have a feeling that the griffon's would display more damage, so i'd use the griffon's. However, my friend has a lightning sorc, and the griffon's he put on actually lowered his lightning damage compared to him using a shako. My guess is there's a point where the +1 skills is too valuable to give up. Just try both on and see what gives you higher displayed damage.

-Gilaim

SoulTaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Gilaim said:
The +% to lightning skill damage should still help out your lightning traps. However, the -% to enemy resistance will *not* help your traps, as each trap is considered a minion and the -% to enemy resistance is on your equipment, not the minion's.

I have a feeling that the griffon's would display more damage, so i'd use the griffon's. However, my friend has a lightning sorc, and the griffon's he put on actually lowered his lightning damage compared to him using a shako. My guess is there's a point where the +1 skills is too valuable to give up. Just try both on and see what gives you higher displayed damage.

-Gilaim
i have a shako, and am wanting to trade for the griffons if it has more dmg, could you reply saying how it affected ur lightning dmg?
ty dood

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
+/- elemental damage from Griffon's Eye and Lightning Facets worn by you does not affect your traps, because your traps are considered 'minions'. The damage displayed on the [lying] character screen is an error.

Haven't you wondered why trappers aren't all using Crescent Moon runeworded weapons? -35% lightning resist...

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member
+% dmg from griffon works... -%enemy resitance does not work.

Griffon is the best trapper helm in the game. +12-15%, +1 >>> +2

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as I know, +% lightning skill damage does not work... the character screen lies!

Adeyke, someone who i've always thought of as very knowledgable, confirms it IN DEPTH here:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=37775&hl=enemy+resistance

To paraphrase him, there is always the theoretical possibility that something changed server-side to allow it. But i'd want to see a lot of testing on the topic.

Actually, now that I look, most of that is in the FAQ as well.

SoulTaker

Diabloii.Net Member
SoulTaker said:
go to unqiques, then click at the top on "circlets"
hmmm now that i think about it, if griffons eye "+XX% lightning dmg" doesnt work, then ormus robes dunt either...
dam, more testing or facts neone?