Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Griffon's Eye better than shako for a pvp trapper?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by desolati0n, Feb 23, 2004.

1. desolati0n

desolati0n IncGamers Member

Griffon's Eye better than shako for a pvp trapper?

I'm planning on using a -20%/13% Griffon's Eye with a -5/4 light facet, so its (-25%/17%). I've looked through the guides for trappers and I haven't really seen anyone mention griffons eye yet or the use of lightning facets. Which also brings up another question. Does -N% enemy lightning resist and +N% to lightning dmg from Griffon's and facets work with traps? or do the traps count as minions and the bonuses don't work with them? I also really like the Griffon's because of the 25% faster cast rate which can help you reach the 125% fcr break point so you can teleport faster(with enigma) and mind blast will be more effective for stun lock.

2. Gilaim

Gilaim IncGamers Member

The +% to lightning skill damage should still help out your lightning traps. However, the -% to enemy resistance will *not* help your traps, as each trap is considered a minion and the -% to enemy resistance is on your equipment, not the minion's.

I have a feeling that the griffon's would display more damage, so i'd use the griffon's. However, my friend has a lightning sorc, and the griffon's he put on actually lowered his lightning damage compared to him using a shako. My guess is there's a point where the +1 skills is too valuable to give up. Just try both on and see what gives you higher displayed damage.

-Gilaim

3. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

i have a shako, and am wanting to trade for the griffons if it has more dmg, could you reply saying how it affected ur lightning dmg?
    ty dood

4. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

+/- elemental damage from Griffon's Eye and Lightning Facets worn by you does not affect your traps, because your traps are considered 'minions'. The damage displayed on the [lying] character screen is an error.

Haven't you wondered why trappers aren't all using Crescent Moon runeworded weapons? -35% lightning resist...

5. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

+% dmg from griffon works... -%enemy resitance does not work.

Griffon is the best trapper helm in the game. +12-15%, +1 >>> +2

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

As far as I know, +% lightning skill damage does not work... the character screen lies!

Adeyke, someone who i've always thought of as very knowledgable, confirms it IN DEPTH here:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=37775&hl=enemy+resistance

To paraphrase him, there is always the theoretical possibility that something changed server-side to allow it. But i'd want to see a lot of testing on the topic.

Actually, now that I look, most of that is in the FAQ as well.

7. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

where can I find the stats for a griffon eye? I don't see it listed on the Arreat Summit?

8. SoulTaker

go to unqiques, then click at the top on "circlets"

9. SoulTaker

hmmm now that i think about it, if griffons eye "+XX% lightning dmg" doesnt work, then ormus robes dunt either...
    dam, more testing or facts neone?