Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief Zweihander vs. 1.07 eth Oath Colossus Sword

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nulio, Sep 14, 2010.

1. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

Grief Zweihander vs. 1.07 eth Oath Colossus Sword

Hi all!

My current goal is to make a cool sword barb. He'll lose some damage but I don't want him to lose that much damage.

I think the coolest swords (and best choices for Grief and/or Oath, not counting with phase blades) are Colossus Sword and Zweihander.

Since an eth 1.07 Zweihander will probably be very hard to trade, a 1.10+ superior eth Zweihander probably also and isn't worth ATMA bugging and a 1.10+ superior normal Zweihander would be too expensive do repair, I think I have three choices now:

1- two eth 1.07 eth Oath Colossus Sword
    2- two normal 1.10+ Grief Zweihander
    3- combination of both

I suck at damage calculations, so which one do you think would give him more dmg? And which one would you chose?
    :thumbup:

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Grief Zweihander vs. 1.07 eth Oath Colossus Sword

I would make 2x 'Oath' because it's significantly less expensive. :badteeth: If you really like barbarians though, 2x 'Grief' will do more damage, regardless of the roll.

3. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia Diabloii.Net Member

Grief 1.07 Eth Zweihander:
    Base weapon damage: One-Hand: 28-78 (53 avg)
    Grief: +340 - 400 Damage
    Final damage (368-418) to (428-478) [393 to 453 average damage]

Oath 1.07 Eth Colossus Sword:
    Base weapon damage: One-Hand: 39-157 (98 avg)
    Oath (High roll): +340% Enhanced damage
    Final damage: One-Hand: 171-514 (342.5 avg)

The lowest grief 1.07 eth Zweihander will have 50 higher average damage one handed than a perfect roll Oath colossus sword and a high roll will have 110 higher average damage. The other modifiers on grief are much nicer as well: 20% deadly strike, -25% target defense, ignore target defense.

I may try and rack you some eth zweihanders in 1.07 some time. I racked for a little while recently and was looking for those while searching for something else but I was lucky and found my target rack fast.

A 1.10+ eth zweihander doen't lose much over a 1.07 one considering that it is not elite so I think it would still be worth it with a modern eth zweihander.
    1.10+ eth zweihander: One-Hand: 28-52 (40 avg)

4. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks!

I guess that I'll try and get some the oath bases for a start. Later try Griefs if I find a second Lo.

I'm close to pat my Whirler (but he's now with a two shael bonehew) and two Oath would be a nice graduation present. Two griefs for barb Christmas if he is nice boy.

That would be great Pyro :jig: